The news thread - Page 160 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Fuck knows what Strathclyde Polis and the PF were doing to not only get a not proven verdict initially but also to get a retrial knocked back in 2016 even though they submitted new evidence

Even though the cunt died of cancer in 2017 it's good knowing he spent most of his freedom looking over his shoulder and wondering if this was the day someone would get him

I know for certain that it was only due to the wishes of Amanda's parents being respected that he wasnt topped

He still had to move well away to Cornwall though

The other side of the coin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-66302740

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

Huge red flag dan! 👀

https://themorningnews.com/news/2023/07/01/psychologists-says-watching-true-crime-is-a-big-red-flag/#:~:text=Watching brutal and violent scenes,you've gone too far.

Psychologists Says Watching True Crime is A ‘Big Red Flag’

Watching documentaries of serial killers and how they went about their lives may seem interesting, but psychologists have a different take on it. Psychologist Meredith Fuller said watching crime can do significant harm to a human’s brain as the horrors of watching crime can seep in personality which can make people more violent and less merciful.

Iv got a “list” doesn’t everybody? The cunt downstairs, most of the people I work with and several celebrities 

43 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And, probably, nobody in the criminal justice system will be held accountable for these "mistakes".

If 100 guilty men go free like the guy that Ally mentions so that a single innocent man is not put to death then I am okay with that.

Sinead O'Connor passes away aged only 56 -  18 months after her 17 year old son took his own life 

The lassie is now free of her demons

Sad

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Sinead O'Connor passes away aged only 56 -  18 months after her 17 year old son took his own life 

Sad

Aw, no.  That’s absolutely tragic. 

16 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Sad

She was a brave and very talented person but a troubled soul - little wonder considering her upbringing.  Sad news; hopefully she's found some peace now.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Absolutely correct

After a few companies close I was forced to go with British Gas. I moved from them years ago because service was so bad and I end up back with them as I had no choice. 

I am going to look l am going to look elsewhere but not sure if I can move yet

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Absolutely correct

After a few companies close I was forced to go with British Gas. I moved from them years ago because service was so bad and I end up back with them as I had no choice. 

I am going to look l am going to look elsewhere but not sure if I can move yet

Related to this. I checked my account today and I was £300 in credit. Obviously the beauty of paying by DD means that payment gets spread out over the year but it also means they've got £300 of mine gaining interest. Multiply that by so many customers and it adds up to a fair amount.

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Overall, Centrica swung to a £6.5 billion operating profit in the first six months of the year against operating losses of £1.1 billion a year earlier.

On an underlying basis, operating profits rose to £2.1 billion from £1.3 billion a year ago.’

You just got to love capitalism. Would like to see the share ownership movement before and after the price cap announcement . 

‘Labour's shadow energy secretary Ed Miliband said the PM was allowing British families to "pay the price" for energy firms making "huge profits from windfalls of war".

On Twitter he wrote: "Rishi Sunak protects oil and gas profits. Why won't the Conservatives stand up for the British people?"

Errm, you maybe want to check their donations register Ed. 

Meanwhile 2 million people are being disconnected from their energy at least once a month due to the cost 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/our-work/policy/policy-research-topics/energy-policy-research-and-consultation-responses/energy-policy-research/kept-in-the-dark-the-urgent-need-for-action-on-prepayment-meters/

19 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Related to this. I checked my account today and I was £300 in credit. Obviously the beauty of paying by DD means that payment gets spread out over the year but it also means they've got £300 of mine gaining interest. Multiply that by so many customers and it adds up to a fair amount.

cheating fuckers

We have done well to stay away from too much increased charges, we stopped using the heating so much and take shorter showers. Less hosepipe usage too in the summer

In the last year when prices have gone up and up and then up again we spent £1643, thats actually a 15 month period. I contacted BG today to set up a direct debit as I always pay the bill when it comes in. 

They recommended I start the DD at £215 per month which equals - £2580. Almost £1000 more than I spent over a longer period. At the start of the call they took pleasure in telling me energy prices are coming down. If prices are coming down why do want me to set up a direct debit for £215 pre month when my average spend over a longer period was £109. They got really flustered so I will just stick to my quarterly bill.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

cheating fuckers

We have done well to stay away from too much increased charges, we stopped using the heating so much and take shorter showers. Less hosepipe usage too in the summer

In the last year when prices have gone up and up and then up again we spent £1643, thats actually a 15 month period. I contacted BG today to set up a direct debit as I always pay the bill when it comes in. 

They recommended I start the DD at £215 per month which equals - £2580. Almost £1000 more than I spent over a longer period. At the start of the call they took pleasure in telling me energy prices are coming down. If prices are coming down why do want me to set up a direct debit for £215 pre month when my average spend over a longer period was £109. They got really flustered so I will just stick to my quarterly bill.

I have heard loads of folk with similar experiences . People who normally pay the bill quarterly and can usually cope with the standard higher winter bill but with the huge increases are concerned about the winter bills and now want to pay the same amount every month for a bit of consistency. However the monthly payment’s they are being quoted are way higher than the combined bills. With the higher interest rates being paid on sterling deposits just now the energy companies will be coining it in. 

I realise that for once I got lucky and that there are plenty of people struggling.  Anyway here’s one for screwing over the power companies. 

I’m with Scottish Power and a couple of years ago I took out a two year fixed tariff deal paying £97 a month direct debit for gas and electricity.   After around a year in March 2022, I had a new boiler fitted which was a lot more efficient than my previous 12 year old boiler.    I then got the £60:from Uncle Rishi so in effect for the last six months of my fixed tariff deal I was only paying £37 a month.  

Once the deal expired at the end of January, I was massively in credit and didn’t pay anything for two months - in winter.  Back on to the standard tariff and will be looking to get another fixed tariff deal when it makes sense,

Up yours Scottish Power.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

I realise that for once I got lucky and that there are plenty of people struggling.  Anyway here’s one for screwing over the power companies. 

I’m with Scottish Power and a couple of years ago I took out a two year fixed tariff deal paying £97 a month direct debit for gas and electricity.   After around a year in March 2022, I had a new boiler fitted which was a lot more efficient than my previous 12 year old boiler.    I then got the £60:from Uncle Rishi so in effect for the last six months of my fixed tariff deal I was only paying £37 a month.  

Once the deal expired at the end of January, I was massively in credit and didn’t pay anything for two months - in winter.  Back on to the standard tariff and will be looking to get another fixed tariff deal when it makes sense,

Up yours Scottish Power.

Scottish power will have hedged the fuel on your fixed tariff so they won't be out of pocket there . They will have lost money on those on floating tariffs when the government put the price cap on but as can be seen they have more  than made up for it. 
Well done on the fixed tariff though. I had one too, finishes at the end of this month, it was just good luck though as i just  took a fixed deal with EDF when my energy company, Green Network Energy , went bust 2 yrs ago and I was fobbed off to them. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Scottish power will have hedged the fuel on your fixed tariff so they won't be out of pocket there . They will have lost money on those on floating tariffs when the government put the price cap on but as can be seen they have more  than made up for it. 
Well done on the fixed tariff though. I had one too, finishes at the end of this month, it was just good luck though as i just  took a fixed deal with EDF when my energy company, Green Network Energy , went bust 2 yrs ago and I was fobbed off to them. 

What are your plans now? We're similar, had a decent fixed term deal that expires August that we just kind of fell into. Should we look for another fixed deal or what? I'm useless with financial stuff.

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

What are your plans now? We're similar, had a decent fixed term deal that expires August that we just kind of fell into. Should we look for another fixed deal or what? I'm useless with financial stuff.

I am just going standard tariff to start with. I think energy prices will come down more. Will maybe check every month or two on uswitch . I will definitely fix again as I prefer knowing what I am paying for a couple of years , assuming my usage doesn’t change. I will probably fix at a time I feel the monthly payments are acceptable for me rather than try to pick the bottom of the market. 
If you like the security of fixed , check to see what premium you are paying over the standard tariff. If you can cope with the fixed price and and you are not paying a ridiculous premium it’s sometimes just worth fixing for peace of mind . 
However if the current fixed is too much I do think it will come lower and you may get an opportunity to fix at a better price. 

DISCLAIMER ! DISCLAIMER !DISCLAIMER! 

49 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am just going standard tariff to start with. I think energy prices will come down more. Will maybe check every month or two on uswitch . I will definitely fix again as I prefer knowing what I am paying for a couple of years , assuming my usage doesn’t change. I will probably fix at a time I feel the monthly payments are acceptable for me rather than try to pick the bottom of the market. 
If you like the security of fixed , check to see what premium you are paying over the standard tariff. If you can cope with the fixed price and and you are not paying a ridiculous premium it’s sometimes just worth fixing for peace of mind . 
However if the current fixed is too much I do think it will come lower and you may get an opportunity to fix at a better price. 

DISCLAIMER ! DISCLAIMER !DISCLAIMER! 

Cheers.