The Great Outdoors... - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Great Outdoors...

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

Well done pal! You’re certainly making the most of this trip home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Loving it mate. Thursday I'm off to Glencoe, Friday I'm off to Girvan and the west coast. I love my country big man.. The most beautiful country on earth. I'm even managing a few football grounds aswell. 😉👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 4/25/2023 at 10:31 AM, Fairbairn said:

Climbed Conic Hill at the weekend there.  Had been waiting to do it for a while as they'd closed it down while they made improvements to the path due to the amount of footfall it sees.  Was surprised, and a wee bit disappointed, at just how short it was!  We were up and down in little over an hour when I expected to to be closer to 3!  It was a beautiful day mind you and the views from the top were spectacular.

Has the path significantly improved since they were working on it or has it just been a patch up? Last time I ran Conic, it badly eroded.

I climbed mount longonot in Kenya start of 2020.  One bit had concrete stairs we went up and seemed alright, on the way back down we came down a different trail and could see the stairs and it was like something out od Indiana Jones, just a huge drop beneath them.

Also first time experiencing altitude in any real way. It's pretty wild. Just over 9000 feet. Not helped by the steady stream of schoolkids just running past me.

1 hour ago, Jon Cutler said:

Has the path significantly improved since they were working on it or has it just been a patch up? Last time I ran Conic, it badly eroded.

I hadn't done it before so not sure what it was like but it does seem like it's been significantly improved.  There's a section now, leading to the first plateau, that is all stone steps that you can tell is quite new.  When I was last up about 3 weeks ago there was still one section to finish so there was a slight detour but I'd imagine it'll be finished now. 

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Loving it mate. Thursday I'm off to Glencoe, Friday I'm off to Girvan and the west coast. I love my country big man.. The most beautiful country on earth. I'm even managing a few football grounds aswell. 😉👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

If your in Glencoe take a walk up to the Lost Valley, ( Coire Gabhail ) 

On 6/6/2023 at 9:11 AM, 86glebestreet said:

If your in Glencoe take a walk up to the Lost Valley, ( Coire Gabhail ) 

Lost valley... Naw

the scots call it the hidden glen.

none o yir Sassenach pish here .🤔😉😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 9:10 AM, Fairbairn said:

I hadn't done it before so not sure what it was like but it does seem like it's been significantly improved.  There's a section now, leading to the first plateau, that is all stone steps that you can tell is quite new.  When I was last up about 3 weeks ago there was still one section to finish so there was a slight detour but I'd imagine it'll be finished now. 

Cheers for info.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/992083978507406?mibextid=9drbnH&s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Anyone been here. Looks lovely...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It's on my bucket list.   Hopefully still achievable!

Anyway, congratulations on visiting lots of great places that most actual Scots haven't 😋

Possibly my favourite holiday though was in Canada.   Way out west though..

DSCF0611.JPG

Headed to Mull to do Ben More and camp this weekend. My mates only for 22 Munro's left and no car so 4 of us are making a wee weekend of it.  A year after I broke my knee and split my tibia and still in recovery but looking forward to getting out and about properly again