The Great Outdoors... - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Great Outdoors...

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aye we were there for the weekend sorting out stuff for expanding our business. Love a swim in the lochs. Was doing it well before it was "cold water swimming" 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Defeated by the midges trying to climb Ben Lomond on Saturday.  We got about an hour in and it was just ridiculous.  Loads of people were coming down saying it was even worse further up and that they'd turned back.  They were absolutely everywhere and getting in hours eyes, mouths, ears etc.  I've got a photo where my arms are black from the amount of wee buggers all over me.  Really disappointing as I'd been looking forward to it for ages but we'll be back outside of midge season!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, slasher said:

The northern lights were briefly visible in the shire tonight. As impressive as they were I’d be fuckin raging if I’d paid stupid money to go to Norway or Iceland to see them! 

Was seeing a Polish lassie for a while her and her pals were obsessed by them, there’s websites dedicated to following them she’d seen them dozens of times in Scotland including from Arthur’s seat slap bang in the middle of Edinburgh 

29 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Was seeing a Polish lassie for a while her and her pals were obsessed by them, there’s websites dedicated to following them she’d seen them dozens of times in Scotland including from Arthur’s seat slap bang in the middle of Edinburgh 

That’s mad! That’s the first time I’ve ever seen them and if I live to be 100 and never see them again I’ll be just grand 👍

On 9/18/2023 at 9:49 PM, slasher said:

That’s mad! That’s the first time I’ve ever seen them and if I live to be 100 and never see them again I’ll be just grand 👍

Seen them in Canada and Icelan, neither time at full pelt but impressive all the same.

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

Probably to report you for no driving the bus 😂

Aye 🙈. That’s the thing though, a lot of drivers DO just sit on the bus at scheduled stops. I don’t get that at all. Maybe it’s still the novelty of a new job, but I ALWAYS go out and take it in. Even when it’s pishing down. Some of the best scenery in the world and the likes of Skye and Glen Coe change every time you visit due to unpredictable weather. Personally I love the mist and clouds, it’s more authentic and real. If folk wanted blue skies and sun they should go to Spain or Greece 😉

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Aye 🙈. That’s the thing though, a lot of drivers DO just sit on the bus at scheduled stops. I don’t get that at all. Maybe it’s still the novelty of a new job, but I ALWAYS go out and take it in. Even when it’s pishing down. Some of the best scenery in the world and the likes of Skye and Glen Coe change every time you visit due to unpredictable weather. Personally I love the mist and clouds, it’s more authentic and real. If folk wanted blue skies and sun they should go to Spain or Greece 😉

Haha I'd be exactly the same man. When I used to drive up and down the country I'd always stop and have a wander, take photos etc. The west coast is unreal, glen coe in the snow just stunning. Especially early mornings with nobody about. Enjoy every minute of it mate, although I worked stupid hours for shite money I miss those drives through our beautiful country.

Get to do a bit of Argyll now with the new run I've taken on with my own business and it's been very misty here today, in amongst the pissing rain and howling gales haha.