The Great Outdoors... - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Great Outdoors...

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Hope he gets better soon McTeeko. He looks a bit sorry for himself in that pic ☹️

How is your own recovery going  ? 

😂 hamsters and tropical fish were my daughters induction to pets too, came as a bit of a shock when she had to clamber up and down 3 flights of a tenement flat toilet training him numerous times a day 😁 But it  was so worth it . As McTeeko says, you will treat him as a kid. Its my birthday and I got a card from him,  ‘ to my lovely gran ‘ and a xmas bauble with a picture of him inside 😁 When he stays Mr Tidy gets shunted to the edge of the bed and Alfie curls up between us. I know a lot of folk dont allow this but I dont mind and he just gets out his own bed anyway and comes onto the bed.

Archie actually reminds me of a little lamb in that pic you posted. Hope he stays that way  ! 😁

I’m ok now ta. Don’t think I’ll ever be 100% but 90% and pain free will do me 👍🏼

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Nice one Jim! You’ll love having him and you’ll treat him like a kid. 

Thistle is out of action just now. He stood on glass 10 days ago and split his paw wide open on North Berwick beach. Had to rush him back to Edinburgh for an emergency op. Three layers of stitches. No walks for two weeks as he’s to keep off his paw as much as possible to stop it opening up again. Big daft collar and padded up paw when he goes into the garden 😢

71055ABF-1F15-4005-B224-0CBD0E826A84.jpeg

Oh no man. Glad he will be ok. 

3 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

He's smashin!

I've only had a hamster and tropical fish before!   Mrs Grim's dad always had dogs when she was a kid, but this is a a big step for us.   We weed to develop strategies to curb his mad vicious bursts.   I know; you'd think butter wouldn't melt in his mouth 😄

Hamsters and tropical fish...you just gave me the fear, when I was in primary 6 we had hamsters and guppys as class pets. Some cunt broke into the school one night and put the fish in the hamster cage and the hamsters in the fish tank....scarred me too this day.

9 hours ago, bonzo said:

Hamsters and tropical fish...you just gave me the fear, when I was in primary 6 we had hamsters and guppys as class pets. Some cunt broke into the school one night and put the fish in the hamster cage and the hamsters in the fish tank....scarred me too this day.

You're scaring me now. That psycho is probably a mass murderer now 😳

16 hours ago, McTeeko said:

The fire breathing Wawel Dragon must be right behind you in that first pic?

This fellow... I waited ages for them to light it up and it never happened, probably as soon as I walked away away 😆

20221218_131422.jpg

Edited by bonzo

On 12/17/2022 at 1:09 PM, bonzo said:

Urgh 😱

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Beauty of a dug

Awe cheers Kirk. I got him at 9 weeks old, he is 3 now. Chocolate Labrador. Name is Wallace. Love him Tae bits.. Both my boys love him aswell. He can be an eedjit, but we love him dearly. He loves the outdoors, I take him fishing and hiking with me all the time..

22 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Awe cheers Kirk. I got him at 9 weeks old, he is 3 now. Chocolate Labrador. Name is Wallace. Love him Tae bits.. Both my boys love him aswell. He can be an eedjit, but we love him dearly. He loves the outdoors, I take him fishing and hiking with me all the time..

Aw you have plenty of years of fun left then. We got our Husky when she was just turning 4, she is 11 now and minus a wee throat/cough issue at the moment shes in pretty good health still which is great. Walks arent always as long as they used to be but that suits us both as im still recovering with my knee. Used to go out for hours, up hills/munros etc. Will be gutted when she goes. 

14 hours ago, Kirk said:

Aw you have plenty of years of fun left then. We got our Husky when she was just turning 4, she is 11 now and minus a wee throat/cough issue at the moment shes in pretty good health still which is great. Walks arent always as long as they used to be but that suits us both as im still recovering with my knee. Used to go out for hours, up hills/munros etc. Will be gutted when she goes. 

Dogs are brilliant. I have always had them, but as you say Kirk, it's heartbreaking when they pass. My boy Wallace loves the outdoors, as do I, so it's great companionship. I am retiring from work in 8 weeks, 36 years with the Water Dept. I am buying a boat for me and Wallace, as he loves water.. Fishing as often as Mrs.Ramy will allow me to..🤣🙂

17 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Three weeks into my new job as a tour guide, here are a few of my favourite photos. Absolutely loving it so far. My history needs brushed up urgently though! 🤯🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

D1F55C12-2C6C-4F69-A401-30EEF57F3BB8.jpeg

0F40C440-659D-48EB-98B4-BC4156C9AA22.jpeg

33016F51-9807-44CF-9710-F1BF9E7492A9.jpeg

86E2528D-4673-42B3-9B56-EA357E61A7D0.jpeg

A47A8AB0-0116-4BE4-865E-40DDF14D2D2C.jpeg

Cracking, who are you working for?

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

Cracking, who are you working for?

Highland Experience Tours based in Edinburgh. We travel all over Scotland. Just back yesterday from a two-night training tour on Skye. I thought I knew a decent amount of Scottish history but compared to these guys (who are training us), I’m miles away from their knowledge. Can’t really get too stuck into it all just now though as I’m studying for my PCV license first. Got my theory fast approaching so concentrating on that for now. 

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Highland Experience Tours based in Edinburgh. We travel all over Scotland. Just back yesterday from a two-night training tour on Skye. I thought I knew a decent amount of Scottish history but compared to these guys (who are training us), I’m miles away from their knowledge. Can’t really get too stuck into it all just now though as I’m studying for my PCV license first. Got my theory fast approaching so concentrating on that for now. 

Phukk sake mcteeko,I used to be a tour guide with haggis backpackers back in early 2000's. I probably trained some of the guys training you 🤔😂😂

After a wee Year of retirement I've gone back to tour guiding, I start part time with Rabbies on my return, 

You will love it.

I'll probably bump into you (well hopefully not literally) in a highland beauty spot during the summer..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Edited by stocky

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Brilliant sounds good mate. Aye it's mad what you think you know haha. Get the driving sorted and youll be laughing.

53 minutes ago, stocky said:

Phukk sake mcteeko,I used to be a tour guide with haggis backpackers back in early 2000's. I probably trained some of the guys training you 🤔😂😂

After a wee Year of retirement I've gone back to tour guiding, I start part time with Rabbies on my return, 

You will love it.

I'll probably bump into you (well hopefully not literally) in a highland beauty spot during the summer..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

I was just about to say I got accepted to Rabbies but then got the chance to buy the business I have now so had to take it. Was looking forward to it too.

2 hours ago, stocky said:

You will love it.

Think you mentioned no long ago on here after I said I was starting this job. I had an interview with Rabbie’s too, and Timberbush, but Highland Experience had a better feel to it so I went with them. 

I’ll look forward to bumping into you, it’ll no doubt be a lot 👍🏼

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Think you mentioned no long ago on here after I said I was starting this job. I had an interview with Rabbie’s too, and Timberbush, but Highland Experience had a better feel to it so I went with them. 

I’ll look forward to bumping into you, it’ll no doubt be a lot 👍🏼

I only took Rabbies as they do tours from glasgow, timber bush weren't looking for Glasgow based guides .

Aye, hopefully see you around 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍😎