Russia to host Euros - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia to host Euros

mwng

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm I wouldn't really mind the tournament just being held in one country - makes sense. However, Russia has been one of the hardest hit countries so find it hard to understand why it should be held there.

Think our lovely neighbours to the South might be foaming at the mouth if this happens. I see a Daily Mail campaign to get a "football's coming home" petition to UEFA and any other influential Johnnie Foreigner. 

3 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Think our lovely neighbours to the South might be foaming at the mouth if this happens. I see a Daily Mail campaign to get a "football's coming home" petition to UEFA and any other influential Johnnie Foreigner. 

Was thinking about that earlier.

However there could be a deal to support bringing World Cup to British Isles in 2030  

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm I wouldn't really mind the tournament just being held in one country - makes sense. However, Russia has been one of the hardest hit countries so find it hard to understand why it should be held there.

Russia probably gave FIFA what they usually ask for ....

Fifa crisis: claims of brown envelopes stuffed with new $100 bills |  Football | The Guardian

Mental to think the tournament could be moved elsewhere and is a realistic possibility now. For some ridiculous reason in the back of my mind it assumed everything would be back to normal by then. Surely possibility that there could be no fans regardless of where it’s played? Or will they postpone it again?

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Mental to think the tournament could be moved elsewhere and is a realistic possibility now. For some ridiculous reason in the back of my mind it assumed everything would be back to normal by then. Surely possibility that there could be no fans regardless of where it’s played? Or will they postpone it again?

It’ll go ahead, but will be in a dedicated bubble country. I can’t see anyone being allowed into grounds for the foreseeable future, but I really hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, JECK said:

I've had this in my head since the Israel game, Scotland will qualify but fans won't be allowed to attend the games. Hope I'm wrong to. 

40 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’ll go ahead, but will be in a dedicated bubble country. I can’t see anyone being allowed into grounds for the foreseeable future, but I really hope I’m wrong. 

Enough stadiums and hotels in Scotland to hold it if no fans are allowed. As the founders of international football we should host it.

Get a petition going.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Enough stadiums and hotels in Scotland to hold it if no fans are allowed. As the founders of international football we should host it.

Get a petition going.

It'd be fkin embarrassing if we were the first host that didn't qualify! Certainly be a new way for us to do things though.

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The vaccines seem fairly imminent. I would think most people will have had one by next summer. I predict the covid vaccine will be added to the winter flu one in the years to come.

In the short term there will be a political row about which vaccine to roll out and this might cause some delay.