Prediction for upcoming matches: - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Prediction for upcoming matches:

Taylor1996

28 minutes ago, kiltedlegs said:

Saying we can beat them at home even with mclesh in charge. 

We can definitely beat them and I think we will. I don’t think it will be a comfortable victory though.

The point I was making in my first reply was it would be great if we could blooter them 3-0 or 4-0 as this would be a huge psychological blow before our playoff. 

If Israel come to Hampden in October after getting a hiding tonight they probably wouldn’t have much belief that they could win. If they don’t believe they can win they are very unlikely to. 

I doubt we’ll win that comfortably tonight though but you just never know. 

56 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I'd take a 2-0 win tonight. As for against the Czech Republic an away draw would be nice but can we keep a clean sheet over there? I doubt it. Can we score over there? I doubt it.

We can definitely score over there. The Czechs are hardly world beaters these days. 

Only thing is we can definitely concede over there as well and probably more than we’ll score. 

A good victory tonight would give our confidence a boost though so fingers crossed for tonight. 

9 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Tonight is hard to predict.  I think Israel have defenders and forwards that would walk into our team but our midfield should be much stronger than theirs.

I think we will struggle to keep a clean sheet and struggle to score, which is never a great start.  The lack of fans hurts us more than them and the lack of football for a lot of our better players won't help.  I think 1-1 is a likely outcome.

I'm more positive about the match against Czech Rep.  They obviously have big issues with covid and I can see us beating them.  2-1 would be my prediction. 

Hopefully I'm right twice. 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Hopefully I'm right twice. 

Forgetting the ‘Scotland are utter pish and can’t beat anyone’ brigade that frequent these pages we should really be hammering this team tomorrow night. 0-3 or 0-4 should be realistic (If Clarke stops fannying about and playing half the team out of position).

I would take 2-1 though. A win’s a win. 

28 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Forgetting the ‘Scotland are utter pish and can’t beat anyone’ brigade that frequent these pages we should really be hammering this team tomorrow night. 0-3 or 0-4 should be realistic (If Clarke stops fannying about and playing half the team out of position).

I would take 2-1 though. A win’s a win. 

At the other end of the scale we have folk who just refuse to accept how low we have sunk as a footballing nation.

We have been behind these teams for decades in terms of skill and ability but we used to make up for that in terms of enthusiasm and a will to win. Now we don't even have that. 3 minutes to go on Friday and we just continued to pass, pass, pass about in front of our own penalty box. They showed virtually no interest in trying to win that game.

The Czech C team will be out impress on Monday night. Hopefully our players can give a performance that makes it look like they actually give a shit. Not expecting too much though.