Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

It is, even their twitter is way behind.

Sky news are covering 3 countries and results coming in quicker

The lassie hosting it is awful. 🤦‍♂️

Compared to STV they're like greased lightning though. :lol:

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

If Alba get a lot of votes in South Scotland, they could cost the SNP an extra seat.

From reading the runes on Twitter, I'd be surprised if Alba have picked up a lot of votes anywhere.

3 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Big Gus absolutely romps it in Edinburgh Central. Never saw that one coming in terms of the size of the majority

Good result. 🙂

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

Got to be a fair amount of importance for the SNP list vote holding up which was a bit of a challenge against the backdrop of such anticipated success. 

I was at one of the constituency counts and the list vote looked a right mixed bag from the sampling I did. Will be interesting to see how it pans out countywide.  

Just now, Lamia said:

Why do Eastwood vote Tory? 

Ever been to Newton Mearns?

Allegedly the local MFI was the only one in the UK with a plain white delivery van because people were concerned about their neighbours noticing they were buying cheap furniture. 

14 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Why do Eastwood vote Tory? 

Well apart from the area itself (which doesn't always vote Tory or unionist), having a high profile unionist incumbent to cling to is the perfect conditions for tactical voting. I'd guess if the Baroness had not deserted her post, she could have held on in Edinburgh. 

Edited by exile

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Very downbeat interview by Eck.

He made a massive mistake with this. I love what he has done for Scotland, but he is a spent force, he has had his time. 

Edited by kumnio

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

He made a massive mistake with this. I love what he as done for Scotland, but he is a spent force, he has had his time. 

I think there was too much going against him. I certainly see the point he was making but like I have said before he is damaged goods in many people's eyes, polls show him to be very unpopular and he left the setting up of a new party too late me thinks.

17 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ever been to Newton Mearns?

Allegedly the local MFI was the only one in the UK with a plain white delivery van because people were concerned about their neighbours noticing they were buying cheap furniture. 

Newton Mearns was a dry town until relatively recently.  I can remember maybe 30 years or so ago, going to the Malletsheugh Inn on the A77, which was just outside the town boundary and was the only licensed premises in the area, was fairly lively.  

That might explain it.

6 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Any local gossip on Dumbarton, delighted if Baillie got the boot.

Twitter suggestions that she has lost by 25, so there’s a recount. Possibly shite though. 

Just now, Newryrep said:

Overview folks  ?

Massive amount of tactical voting by the Unionists going on in constituency seats which the SNP are targeting.

SNP probably on a net +1 right now, so likely to get 64-66 seats so its a toin coss whether or not they get an overall majority on their own.

Could all come down to Dumbarton where there is a recount with the margin rumoured to be in the low double figures.

*should* be a bigger pro-Indy majority with the Greens expected to better their tally.

Alba look like they'll do nothing.

Just now, aaid said:

Massive amount of tactical voting by the Unionists going on in constituency seats which the SNP are targeting.

SNP probably on a net +1 right now, so likely to get 64-66 seats so its a toin coss whether or not they get an overall majority on their own.

Could all come down to Dumbarton where there is a recount with the margin rumoured to be in the low double figures.

*should* be a bigger pro-Indy majority with the Greens expected to better their tally.

Alba look like they'll do nothing.

thanks

Just now, kumnio said:

Twitter suggestions that she has lost by 25, so there’s a recount. Possibly shite though. 

Apparently its Labour that have requested the recount so that would suggest that they've lost the initial count at least.

She'll be in on the list but of course this is +1 seat so could be crucial.