Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 74 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Why do you bring up intersex when gender ideology / trans is mentioned?

I didn't bring up anything. I asked what biology has been denied, and then posted someone using a proxy argument from authority getting trumped by an actual argument from authority.

Now you can't answer the question and that will be demonstrated as this conversation unfolds.

3 minutes ago, phart said:

I didn't bring up anything. I asked what biology has been denied, and then posted someone using a proxy argument from authority getting trumped by an actual argument from authority.

9 minutes ago, phart said:

Now you can't answer the question and that will be demonstrated as this conversation unfolds.

That seems unreasonably snarky? We’ve talked about this before and I’ve tried to reply / discuss it in good faith. 

9 hours ago, aaid said:

The other two I don't follow but I do follow Mhairi Black.  I'm not really sure what you're getting at with her as I don't think she puts out anything too controversial - unless you're vehemently opposed - in fact she barely tweets at all.  There's plenty of others who never seem to be off it.

She isn't as prolific a tweeter as some of her colleagues, but when she does she's prone to producing unnecessary inflammatory pish like this:

https://twitter.com/MhairiBlack/status/1391127051856457729?s=19

11 hours ago, scotlad said:

She isn't as prolific a tweeter as some of her colleagues, but when she does she's prone to producing unnecessary inflammatory pish like this:

https://twitter.com/MhairiBlack/status/1391127051856457729?s=19

I think following the twitter accounts of several SNP MPs was a huge contribution towards me not voting for them. I got off twitter though, it wasn't adding anything good to my life.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Why?

Its more to do with the MPA’s (marine protected areas) the greens have actively tried to get vast areas of sea where creel fishermen work closed. Creel fishing has little effect in the scheme of things and is sustainable,, they are usually 1 or two to a crew, are local, get their boat work done local ect,, they contribute massively along the coast and a lot of the time to vulnerable isolated communities and that is more so on the west coast and highland.  Instead the greens should be chasing the clammers and multinationals who are destroying the seas. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, exile said:

Maybe we just need a thread for all matters of human biology, sex and gender identity, and so on?

Yeah the Indy thread should just be closed because this seems to be the top priority these days. Alba try to tell us that Indy is their number one priority though 😂

58 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Jim fairlie seems to have hit the ground running, he will do well

I have been impressed with him. I saw something happened yesterday but can't find what he said.

When you listen to him he sounds like he has been an MSP for years. He just seems to be really settled and assured. 

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

I have been impressed with him. I saw something happened yesterday but can't find what he said.

When you listen to him he sounds like he has been an MSP for years. He just seems to be really settled and assured. 

Completely agree, he has fitted in staight away and his agricultural knowledge will be a huge asset