Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 43 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

High turn out should be good for pro independence majority.
I am now quietly hopefully of pro-independence majority - though it will be tight given the voting system.
Green on 10% with ALBA on just 3% is the new story from exit polls that catches my eye.

3 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

High turn out should be good for pro independence majority.
I am now quietly hopefully of pro-independence majority - though it will be tight given the voting system.
Green on 10% with ALBA on just 3% is the new story from exit polls that catches my eye.

High turn out could mean literally anything. And there is no exit poll. 

45 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine good - Astrazeneca vaccine bad 

COVID health crisis = devolved

Vaccination success = reserved

15 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I was just questioning myself, had i missed the exit poll lol

As I see it - Torys (old people) always vote.

So higher turn out than normal means SNP got the vote out....

Time will tell!  There is a projected poll on previous page.

Baillie saying Labour needs to listen and learn to the Hartlepool disaster. You’ve needed to listen and learn for over a decade you stupid fuckers. 

People need to understand that it’s a free Scotland, or a Tory Britain, that’s the two choices. Unless you’re a stupid Tory or uber Brit, there’s only one choice. 

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

the amount of folk that have sent there postal vote away only to have wished they had voted alba is scary,, 

😆😂 good one.

Seems according to totally unsubstanciated stuff i'm reading online across twitter and reddit that turnout is significantly up in a lot of regions. 5%-10% across the board it seems.

Edited by phart

13 minutes ago, phart said:

Seems according to totally unsubstanciated stuff i'm reading online across twitter and reddit that turnout is significantly up in a lot of regions. 5%-10% across the board it seems.

Seems to be a consistent theme across the country.  

Regardless of what party people vote for, the increased turnout is nothing but a good thing.

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Now.

Orkney just declared

65% turnout 5% swing to SNP from Twitter - haven't seen anything formal other than LD hold though.

BBC actually have overall turnout at 65%

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c37d28xdn99t/scottish-parliament-election-2021

They also seem to have 'All For Union' ahead of 'Alba' in alphabetical order!   

Edited by ThistleWhistle