Coronavirus - Page 406 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Good time to get a line drawn under it, she should do the correct thing everything coronavirus wound up tomorrow.

the decision has been made up for her no funding , get a line under it move on getting people living their lives they way did two years ago. No more your Scottish government knows what’s best for you routine .

getting rid of filthy face masks out of society as well.

is she going to think you know the answer to that one she is going to hang on to control as much as she can as she can’t let go.

Once she lets go the many failings of this nationalist government comes back into focus 

Filthy face masks 🤣🤣🤣

Give it a rest ya bam

Still a 4 day stay at home in Norway if test positive. No mask mandates or that.

The Scandies have largely did a good job of dealing with it. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully well.

Anyone who says they know what is going to happen must have a crystal ball.

9 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Inwas out in aberdeen at the weekend, hardly a face mask to be seen, it actually felt normal again and there was a buzz about the place, very refreshing 

Likewise Dundee , has not been out much in recent times , but thankfully masks are a minority . Those who want to wear them , let them wear them till the end of time.

I see Thatcher's anti community selfishness policies are still alive and well 

Masks reduce the risk of the mask wearer passing on the virus to someone else

Not wearing a mask in enclosed busy public spaces = selfish cunt (or Unionist)

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I see Thatcher's anti community selfishness policies are still alive and well 

Masks reduce the risk of the mask wearer passing on the virus to someone else

Not wearing a mask in enclosed busy public spaces = selfish cunt (or Unionist)

Or Stalins anti choice policies 

Think I must be living in a different world from some of the folk here.  For the vast majority of the last year I have been able to attend pubs, restaurants, cinema, shops, overseas holidays , travel to work every day on public transport, all with the ‘huge’ inconvenience of wearing a face mask. Really dont know how I have survived the ordeal  . Some folk need to take a good look at themselves and stop moaning about their lack of civil liberties for the sake of greetin about the government. 

Japanese people have been wearing masks for 150 years, and year after year are widely recognised to be the most thoughtful and polite tourists throughout the world. Think that tells you something about the people who have an issue with face masks. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Think I must be living in a different world from some of the folk here.  For the vast majority of the last year I have been able to attend pubs, restaurants, cinema, shops, overseas holidays , travel to work every day on public transport, all with the ‘huge’ inconvenience of wearing a face mask. Really dont know how I have survived the ordeal  . Some folk need to take a good look at themselves and stop moaning about their lack of civil liberties for the sake of greetin about the government. 

Japanese people have been wearing masks for 150 years, and year after year are widely recognised to be the most thoughtful and polite tourists throughout the world. Think that tells you something about the people who have an issue with face masks. 

Anyone who uses wearing a mask to have a dig at their government is an idiot. 

I didn't like wearing them, they made me feel uncomfortable but you just have to get on with it. It feels like pissing into the wind wearing one down here now. Hardly anyone wears one except in supermarkets where you will see some people wearing a mask.

Maybe it’s not the wearing of the mask itself but what it represented (being in an active pandemic) hence the joy of not having to wear one in public anymore because it’s a sign things are getting back to normal again. Or the new normal ..

One of the things that might come out of this is people won’t feel daft wearing a mask in public if they are unwell. 

But it’s not something you can legally mandate forever. 

36 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I'm not sure folk being happy about not having to wear a mask say on a flight for 10 hours is them being selfish. 

If folk want to continue to wear masks then that's entirely up to them. In the exact same way not all Japanese folk wear masks. 

42 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Maybe it’s not the wearing of the mask itself but what it represented (being in an active pandemic) hence the joy of not having to wear one in public anymore because it’s a sign things are getting back to normal again. Or the new normal ..

One of the things that might come out of this is people won’t feel daft wearing a mask in public if they are unwell. 

But it’s not something you can legally mandate forever. 

I can assure you, there is no one going to enjoy binning the masks more than me when it happens, but I have still been able to enjoy myself wearing one. By the sounds of some folk we have been living in a ‘stalin ‘ regime 🙄 

This is grade A idiocy by Johnson - he is trying to improve his popularity ratings and doesn't give a hoot about the people who will die as a result. His refusal to fund ongoing testing in Scotland is disgraceful and should be weaponised by the SG - the government we voted for wants to provide testing but he says no, if England doesn't want testing then you have to go along with it and fuck you.  Another demonstration of Scotland being trapped in an abusive relationship. I hope that sociopath Johnson contracts the disease and suffers badly.

I saw something on twitter about the BA2 version of Omicron and how it is both more infectious than BA1 and also is thought to be more severe.  Said it was likely to be the dominant strain in a couple of weeks, in Denmark at least but presumably here too.  If true, this is not likely to end well.  Having no testing and no masks, in fact no meaningful precautions at all, is going to bite Johnson on the arse.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not sure folk being happy about not having to wear a mask say on a flight for 10 hours is them being selfish. 

If folk want to continue to wear masks then that's entirely up to them. In the exact same way not all Japanese folk wear masks. 

Aye, its a real in convenience isnt it . Poor wee travellers having to wear a mask for 10 hours with only a break to eat and drink. And its not like anyone else has had to wear a mask for 10 hours. 

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

This is grade A idiocy by Johnson - he is trying to improve his popularity ratings and doesn't give a hoot about the people who will die as a result………

I saw something on twitter about the BA2 version of Omicron and how it is both more infectious than BA1 and also is thought to be more severe……..

“I saw something on twitter”…. really!?! I also saw something that said the opposite…. funny that.

Boris is a twat…… but I think your post misses the point that’s been bubbling for the last month or so……. this thing is coming to an end, and it’s all about balancing the line between living and shitting ourselves about something that really isn’t that much of a threat anymore…… which is cutting off our nose to spite our face in the context of what society will miss out on.

as before, boris can’t be trusted for anything, but moving to normality would be my choice rather than living in endless fear of a diminishing threat.

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Trick is to make sure you always have a beer in front of you 🍻

😂😂Exactly ! Where there is a will there is a way.

Depends on the airline though. Ryanair dont give a fook they just want aa much money as they can get .  I sat with a glass of wine ( well maybe 2 …)  in front of me all the way to Valencia and no one asked me to put my mask up.
Jet 2 on the other hand were much stricter implementing the mask rule, you had to have your mask on and only take it down when you took a drink. 

The discomfort of being squashed in at the window for 4 1/2 hrs all the way to Greece was worse than any mask regulation though. Never again. I am too old to take a chance on random seat allocation for the sake of saving 15 quid. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂Exactly ! Where there is a will there is a way.

Depends on the airline though. Ryanair dont give a fook they just want aa much money as they can get .  I sat with a glass of wine ( well maybe 2 …)  in front of me all the way to Valencia and no one asked me to put my mask up.
Jet 2 on the other hand were much stricter implementing the mask rule, you had to have your mask on and only take it down when you took a drink. 

The discomfort of being squashed in at the window for 4 1/2 hrs all the way to Greece was worse than any mask regulation though. Never again. I am too old to take a chance on random seat allocation for the sake of saving 15 quid. 

I flew with Wizz Air to Moldova, i don't recall them really caring overly but everyone had them on in the airport etc/going to the toilets on the plane. 

Looks like by this time next month they are no longer going to be legally enforced here going by the latest update. Keeping free tests which is sensible. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I flew with Wizz Air to Moldova, i don't recall them really caring overly but everyone had them on in the airport etc/going to the toilets on the plane. 

Looks like by this time next month they are no longer going to be legally enforced here going by the latest update. Keeping free tests which is sensible. 

Hooray ! 
I will still keep mine on when I am on the train or food shopping if other folk have them on, only because I dont know their health situation and because its not exactly a hassle. Will be glad to see the end of them socially though. 

Is wearing a mask in high density indoor spaces "living in endless fear"?

The BA.2 stuff is from a Japanese study, not a lot of information really as it's really hard to standardise populations for comparisons.

Covid for a lot of people(non-comorbitdity and triple dose schedule) has a IFR double that of flu now, while being significantly more infectious.

I'm hoping it is "over", but we've had folk saying that since May 2020 with simliar levels of evidence, fuck I think Elon Musk said it would be over back in April 2020.

It's going to keep mutating (it's a myth that all viruses mutate to become less severe) it's zoonotic and is coming in and out other species.

A lot of delusion and wishful thinking at work for me. Things are trending in the right direction though.

Edited by phart

Scottish hospitlisations up 20% in the week. Again hard to make any definitive conclusions though because of high prevalence meaning that folk have it but a non-trivial amount of people have it but are in for something else. So could just be hospitalisation is up in general so therefore covid numbers go up.

ONS stats seem to show that BA.2 wave is cresting as well.

I'm actually going to catch up with a friend in a quiet pub early tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. Taking a test before going and then seeing Stewart Lee in middle of March. After that restrictions all end and we'll see what happens.

I'd like the UK goverment to continue funding the surveilance studies though.