Coronavirus - Page 401 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

20 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Lindsay Hoyle is an enabling cunt

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-jimmy-savile-starmer-speaker-b2005010.html%3famp

The Commons Speaker has slapped down Boris Johnson for his Commons claim that Keir Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile, amid a growing backlash.

Lindsay Hoyle said he could not intervene after the prime minister made the allegation on Monday – because it did not fall foul of parliamentary rules.’ 

So, if Starmer had replied and called him a liar would he have been chucked out the house too ?

They may want to look at overhauling parliamentary rules as well as Downing Street. A retrospective slap is pathetic. 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

So, the great Tory revolt has run out of steam and here we are with potentially the worst PM in history sniggering up his sleeve after yet another Houdini escape. I hope I am wrong but I fully expect him to wriggle out of the police enquiry too. Never have I felt so dismayed at living in the UK. People have suffered immeasurably over the last 2 years and that smug bastard simply says he will fix it like its a leaky tap. 

Even if you gave Johnson the benefit of the doubt, how on earth can you rely on a guy to fix something when he didnt even have intelligence the to realise that what was happening was wrong ? Its not like he didn’t know it was going on. And fellow Scots criticising Ian Blackford for calling him out. FFS Scotland take a good look. Surely we can do better than this. 

Done be surprised to see Scots tories reconcile their differences quietly or otherwise. If they do it publicly it will likely prompt the lines ‘important to move on from the past and have unity, etc.’  I can see it now. 

5 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Did anyone hear Alistair Jack on GMS today. 🤣😂

Seen a clip of it, Jesus Christ 🙄

Genuinely think that any moron with a reasonably posh accent can get ahead in the UK, they are all incompetent fuckers. Bring on the hunger games.

4 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Done be surprised to see Scots tories reconcile their differences quietly or otherwise. If they do it publicly it will likely prompt the lines ‘important to move on from the past and have unity, etc.’  I can see it now. 

I wont be surprised in the least. Infact I will be shocked if not. 

And  I pretty certain Theresa May’s outburst was more to do with ‘ hell hath no fury like a woman backstabbed ’ , than for any other reason. 

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sub-servient Scots really are the pits - they truly are.

I saw someone recently on Twitter, whose profile said "proud subject" (of the Queen).

Surely "proud subject" is an oxymoron or contradiction in terms? Abject abased serfling.

14 hours ago, exile said:

I saw someone recently on Twitter, whose profile said "proud subject" (of the Queen).

Surely "proud subject" is an oxymoron or contradiction in terms? Abject abased serfling.

I saw that too.  What a snivelling, grovelling wee toley. Think they also mentioned dead Rangers in their bio as is the norm for those types.

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Positive result for me last night, 10 in total from my family positive, but what a party it was……..

Me and the missus tested positive on Monday, my eldest daughter the day before.

It's handy that we're all doing our isolation at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

Me and the missus tested positive on Monday, my eldest daughter the day before.

It's handy that we're all doing our isolation at the same time. 

That’s about the only good thing, there’s me, wife and oldest daughter in this house, I’d rather be at work, really busy just now. I’m also missing more coaching and the kids match on Sunday, but not much I can do about that. 

On 1/27/2022 at 10:57 PM, aaid said:

Trump has a base, god knows why, but it’s relatively large and very vocal and Republicans need that base to vote all the way down the ticket to beat the Democrats.   Johnson doesn’t have a similar base, he may have done a good job of convincing white working class voters in the North and Midlands of England to vote for him in 2019 but he doesn’t have an  ideological base in the same way it is with Trump.

Want to change that opinion in light of today's events with Starmer ?

34 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Want to change that opinion in light of today's events with Starmer ?

Not at all.  That’s the same bunch that we’re chasing Gove down the street before Christmas.  They’re 100% nutters but they’re non-aligned nutters.   They seem to be intensely angry about everything.  Alongside Savile and peado-protectors they were going on about vaccines, lockdowns, Magna Carta and Julian Assange.

Trump on the other hand tapped into a significant minority of the US population, the sort that make you realise that the UK and US really two countries separated by a common language.

Edited by aaid

Ive no time for Starmer, and less than that for Gove, but these 'protesters' are an absolute disgrace. Chris Witty was abused last year, these incidents are becoming more common.

The UK is rapidly becoming more and more like the Yanks, we have been on this route for a very long time, its depressing as fuck to see this nonsense.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Test positivity and low ICU is surely a good thing? Means that even though lots of folk are still positive, it's not having the same effect on illness/mortality?

Given the state of the country is in financially just now, then i can't see them continuing to test en masse for much longer.

Depends if you care about the long term impact of catching even mild Covid I suppose 

4 hours ago, Lamia said:

Depends if you care about the long term impact of catching even mild Covid I suppose 

He doesn't

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

“Scottish Government seeking to retain powers allowing for implementation of Covid measures until September this year.”

well thats one way of driving folk away from independence, everyone just wants back to normal, lets just get on with it FFS 

Roughly 1500 people a week are dying from Covid (mainly in England)

But lets just get on with it

I would rather political decisions are based on the science

Edited by Ally Bongo

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

He doesn't

Roughly 1500 people a week are dying from Covid (mainly in England)

But lets just get on with it

I would rather political decisions are based on the science

I am sure you can find that amount of folk who have died in the past week who have had the common cold in the past 28 days, the “science” they use to count the covid death is bullshit 

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

“Scottish Government seeking to retain powers allowing for implementation of Covid measures until September this year.”

well thats one way of driving folk away from independence, everyone just wants back to normal, lets just get on with it FFS 

Retaining powers doesn’t equate to implementing or retaining restrictions.

48 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I am sure you can find that amount of folk who have died in the past week who have had the common cold in the past 28 days, the “science” they use to count the covid death is bullshit 

Oh dear - keep off the Kool Aid sites

But bullshit may be right as Global "Excess deaths" may be up to 4 times higher than the "official" Covid death toll