Coronavirus - Page 382 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Just now, Orraloon said:

OK cheers. We'll make it 5th of Jan for introducing the 7 day rule then.Ā šŸ˜‰

It could be worse. You could actually have it and feel properly shit instead of just a wee bit annoyed. Hope your maw is awright and recovers quickly.

My mum is fine. A wee cough which is better already.

I only wish we made the same decision as Redz because we'd be able to go out where common sense prevails.

29 minutes ago, aaid said:

That sounds bizarre being reinfected so soon. Ā Maybe he had Delta and then Omicron.Ā 

I know, if I had read it somewhere I would have thought it was wrong. But hearing first hand from a friend who doesnā€™t exaggerate I know it is true. All I can think of was perhaps he was actually still infected after the 10 days and the tests on 24 and 27 were wrong. Think those tests were just LFT as he was mixing with friends so tested before going out. Or unless he told his maw they were negative and they werent ! šŸ™„Ā 
Cant see that either right enough. Its strange how he has gone from being fine to being quite ill after such a period of time, does potentially sound like a different strain.Ā 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

With respect, fuck off min. We are all negative but have to stay in another 6 days. Its overkill no matter how you spin it

You do realise that the tests are not 100% accurate don't you?

1 minute ago, Lamia said:

You do realise that the tests are not 100% accurate don't you?

But the more tests you do, and they all give the same result, the more confident you can be that the result is correct.Ā 

He could still be incubating the disease and could still test positive yet at a later date, though.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

But the more tests you do, and they all give the same result, the more confident you can be that the result is correct.Ā 

He could still be incubating the disease and could still test positive yet at a later date, though.Ā 

Well not really - you can be ok one day and infections the next - the test has just as much chance of being inaccurate.Ā 

13 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Well not really - you can be ok one day and infections the next - the test has just as much chance of being inaccurate.Ā 

Aye, you're right, but those are two separate things. The accuracy of the test is one variable, and how far the disease has progressed is another. There is also the sampling technique to factor in as well.Ā 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I only wish we made the same decision as Redz because we'd be able to go out where common sense prevails.

For now VDA, and time will tell if common sense has prevailed

Over the piece the SG appear to have been very good, despite not having the financial clout to 'own it'Ā 

Personally I'm going to cut them some slack here, even if in time its shown that they've shot their load too early of late

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He is incapable of disagreeing with the SNP.

I like aaid's political analysis and, (In my view) it is on point

However I can see why you may feel that way

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Wow, where have you been hiding. Welcome back.

Cheers

Boring story but i only ever accessed the TAMB on my desktop PC which was already on it's last legs and running Windows 7

When it stopped being supported last January it became extremely temperamental and sites like the TAMB caused it to crash - which coincided with me being fed up with the usual shite that was being posted so it was a convenient excuse

I see nothing much has changed ....

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotrail cancelled over 100 services on Wednesday too. What's your thoughts on that?

That equates to about 5% of Svotrailā€™s daily services, so while not great for those affected itā€™s not particularly significan in comparison.

in other news, hospitalisations in England up by 50% in the last week Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Scotrail on its knees here too with daft isolation rules.

5% of services cancelled doesnā€™t strike me as a service being on its knees. Ā I guess a period of bad weather has more impact on the network.

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Lamia said:

So have they not applied for exemption? If not you would have to ask why?

100 services cancelled in a day. Ā That seems like a big number. Ā Whatā€™s that Scotrail has around 2000 services daily, so itā€™s 5%. Ā Suddenly doesnā€™t seem like such a big number does it.

Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

100 services cancelled in a day. Ā That seems like a big number. Ā Whatā€™s that Scotrail has around 2000 services daily, so itā€™s 5%. Ā Suddenly doesnā€™t seem like such a big number does it.

Ā 

Ā 

Aaid, it's now hogmanay...huv a day aff.Ā