Coronavirus - Page 381 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Scotland's rule really are fucking warped

2 negative PCRs and 7 negative LFTs in 9 days but I still have to isolate. I am tempted to get on the next flight home, won't be back till this shot show is over. I can't risk Sturgeon going OTT again and me being stuck here again

I can see why some people are starting to resent her now. 

40 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotland's rule really are fucking warped

2 negative PCRs and 7 negative LFTs in 9 days but I still have to isolate. I am tempted to get on the next flight home, won't be back till this shot show is over. I can't risk Sturgeon going OTT again and me being stuck here again

I can see why some people are starting to resent her now. 

I thought it was established you didn’t need to isolate? Did something change or was that not correct? 

Just now, TDYER63 said:

I thought it was established you didn’t need to isolate? Did something change or was that not correct? 

Because my mum stayed with us in England on the 24th, 25th and 26th and we flew up together, she gets classed as a household contact therefore we have been told to isolate by track and trace. 

I felt sorry for the woman on the phone having to pass the info, you could tell she agreed it was total nonsense.

Since the 21st of December we've done 2 PCRs and 7 LFTs each but have to stay in. 🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Because my mum stayed with us in England on the 24th, 25th and 26th and we flew up together, she gets classed as a household contact therefore we have been told to isolate by track and trace. 

I felt sorry for the woman on the phone having to pass the info, you could tell she agreed it was total nonsense.

Since the 21st of December we've done 2 PCRs and 7 LFTs each but have to stay in. 🤣🤣🤣

What date did your mum test positive ? If it was only 3 or 4 days ago I can perhaps  understand why you need to isolate at the moment, any tests you did prior to her testing positive are largely irrelevant, but I don’t know how long it can take for a close contact to show as positive. 

edit: IMO though 10 days is far too cautious , she is being excessive on that. 

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

What date did your mum test positive ? If it was only 3 or 4 days ago I can perhaps  understand why you need to isolate at the moment, any tests you did prior to her testing positive are largely irrelevant, but I don’t know how long it can take for a close contact to show as positive. 

edit: IMO though 10 days is far too cautious , she is being excessive on that. 

She tested positive on the 27th.

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I thought you would have been off to the pub as soon as you discovered that you weren't legally obliged to isolate? 😂😷

See above mate. Track n trace in Scotland said we should stay in. I'm not bother about the pub but not seeing other friends and family even though all of us are negative is fucking stupidity 

I just cancelled my trip home as soon as the current restrictions were announced - I'll go visit those who I need to see when they're lifted again

Time will tell if the decisions have been right or wrong - I certainly don't view it as some form of power trip though

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

See above mate. Track n trace in Scotland said we should stay in. I'm not bother about the pub but not seeing other friends and family even though all of us are negative is fucking stupidity 

Aye, sorry, I posted before reading to the end of the thread.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Sounds like a classic case of your situation being too confusing to fit neatly into the rules. So the the test and protect team have gone "fuk this, this geezers story is far too complicated, just tell him to isolate to be on the safe side" 😂

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its 10 days isolation from when the persons symptoms were first showing. You absolutely sure she didn’t have a bad cough on 20th ? 😉

Then again if he tests positive tomorrow, his 10 day clock gets reset to zero. 😉

I believe Nicola is planning to change to a 7 day rule on vanderark's 10th day of isolation.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

She tested positive on the 27th.

So it makes perfect sense then that’s she’s considered a household member as it’s likely that she was infected, infectious or even both while she was staying with you which raises your chances of being infected. 

23 minutes ago, aaid said:

So it makes perfect sense then that’s she’s considered a household member as it’s likely that she was infected, infectious or even both while she was staying with you which raises your chances of being infected. 

Does it fuck, not surprised to see you being the one to agree with this shite🤣🤣🤣

Edited by vanderark14

I have just received a text from my pal . Her son tested positive on 13 dec, someone at work tested positive so he had to get a pcr test even though he had no symptoms, and he tested positive too,  so had to do 10 days isolation. Out of isolation on 23rd. Was negative on 24 and 27th. Wasn’t feeling good on evening of 28th so did test yesterday . Positive 😫 Another 10 days isolation . He is really unwell this time though . FfS . Poor guy.

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Does it fuck, not surprised to see you being the one to agree with this shite🤣🤣🤣

What am I saying which is wrong.  She tested positive the day after she’d spent three days living with you so she was infectious at that time.

The reason why household members of a positive test are required to isolate is because there’s an increased Rick of transmission, it’s not so you can all keep each other company. 

Appreciate that this inconveniences you but it’s far from shite. 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

What am I saying which is wrong.  She tested positive the day after she’d spent three days living with you so she was infectious at that time.

The reason why household members of a positive test are required to isolate is because there’s an increased Rick of transmission, it’s not so you can all keep each other company. 

Appreciate that this inconveniences you but it’s far from shite. 

With respect, fuck off min. We are all negative but have to stay in another 6 days. Its overkill no matter how you spin it

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

When's your 10 days up?

Nicola was asking.

Next Tuesday or wednesday. I'm not 100% sure.

If I'm negative on the day of my flight I'm going home and won't be back to this lovely country till sturgeon and her advisers wise the fuck up

Edited by vanderark14

26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have just received a text from my pal . Her son tested positive on 13 dec, someone at work tested positive so he had to get a pcr test even though he had no symptoms, and he tested positive too,  so had to do 10 days isolation. Out of isolation on 23rd. Was negative on 24 and 27th. Wasn’t feeling good on evening of 28th so did test yesterday . Positive 😫 Another 10 days isolation . He is really unwell this time though . FfS . Poor guy.

That sounds bizarre being reinfected so soon.  Maybe he had Delta and then Omicron. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Next Tuesday or wednesday

OK cheers. We'll make it 5th of Jan for introducing the 7 day rule then. 😉

It could be worse. You could actually have it and feel properly shit instead of just a wee bit annoyed. Hope your maw is awright and recovers quickly.