Old Firm Game - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Rangers ( or more to the point Gerrard) totally out thought and out fought Celtic who are going nowhere under Lennon. Totally deserved win. What the fuck was Kents gunshot to the head celebration all about and Morales cut throat gesture. 😂🙈 Rangers under Gerrard have a really good chance of winning the league, why the fuck would their players behave like utter cunts and risk blowing their chance ? 😂 Don’t understand it all. They really dont help themselves 🤷‍♂️

Morelos' gesture is a common gesture in Colombia, it basically means you lose and doesn't mean the same as it does here. If he gets in trouble for that he could easily appeal it, as it a cultural misunderstanding. I know people will say he has been here long enough but unless it is specifically pointed out what that means here, how on earth would he know it means I'm going to kill you? He would just assume people are saying you lose to him.

Kent I honestly couldn't tell you, just baffling and he could get in trouble.

9 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Morelos' gesture is a common gesture in Colombia, it basically means you lose and doesn't mean the same as it does here. If he gets in trouble for that he could easily appeal it, as it a cultural misunderstanding. I know people will say he has been here long enough but unless it is specifically pointed out what that means here, how on earth would he know it means I'm going to kill you? He would just assume people are saying you lose to him.

Kent I honestly couldn't tell you, just baffling and he could get in trouble.

That might well be true, but it sounds like bullshit from followfollow or similar. 

"Paila – Something’s wrong
The open hand or one finger cutting to the neck gesture signifies that something is wrong or not going to happen. Well, in fact, we’ve seen it used in many circumstances, but it’s always in a negative sense, such as some place is closed so you can’t go. If it’s used for your ‘delectation’, then you need to revise your plans. "

https://wwcorrigan.blogspot.com/2013/04/more-than-words-colombias-useful-to.html

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

That might well be true, but it sounds like bullshit from followfollow or similar. 

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

To be honest I was really just wondering why two of their best players act the cunt that could easily land them in trouble; when a bit of focus and professionalism could see them win the league. 🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Gestures, words means different in other parts of the world... Go figure. It's almost like HSBC have been telling us this for years 😅😅

I mean could very well know what it means here 

I that old saying when in Rome comes to mind.

35 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

To be honest I was really just wondering why two of their best players act the cunt that could easily land them in trouble; when a bit of focus and professionalism could see them win the league. 🤷‍♂️

Footballers , who knows what goes through their minds at the best of times.  

10 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Of course he did- he was just guessing at certain points. Either he missed the hand ball (whilst looking at it), or has forgotten the rules have changed. Not sure what is worse.

It's why VAR gives me the fear up here, the ref's are woeful in Scotland and can only imagine how bad they'd get it wrong with VAR.

8 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Huns moaning about bad referees. Give me fucking peace. You cunts have had everything going for 100+ years from the truly corrupt powers in Scotland. 😂

Colin, I get it mate and what you're saying is true - against the "smaller" teams both us and Celtic get the benefit.

However, it's not corruption it's just absolute horse shit refereeing.  

Today's decisions were atrocious apart from the Penalty and Morelos sending off. 

VAR as shit as it is would mean there is less hiding place, wouldn't it?