Old Firm Game - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

40 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Youโ€™re a bigger stalker than trolling hills considering itโ€™s water off a ducks back, the only things the same are the arrogance & the bigotry. GIRUY ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น

23 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

We were discussing your team, I am aware that not all clubs supporters think or behave the same. Apparently itโ€™s only a minority who sing the bigotry shit๐Ÿ‘

Err, no.ย  It's a direct accusation of bigotry towards me - not about the team, club, all or some fans, but toย two specific people, one of who is me.

So I'll ask you again, where's the evidence of that?

ย 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

If you read my post properly youโ€™ll see I was talking in general terms and not just decisions against my team. If youโ€™re happy with the overall standard of officiating in Scotland then crack on. As usual on here people playing the man and not the ball.ย 

I did read your post properly. It was written almost immediately after a decision that went against Rangers, therefore it would be logical to assume that you weren't talking in general terms.

ย 

8 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

With Rangers is all about self belief and we have proven in the last 2 OF games we can win key head to head battles in important areas of the pitch. We have a great chance to win the league. Need to take it.ย 

That's a fair point, we have looked weak in contrast.ย 

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

With Rangers is all about self belief and we have proven in the last 2 OF games we can win key head to head battles in important areas of the pitch. We have a great chance to win the league. Need to take it.ย 

What you saw last season was that Rangers could raise their game to be competitive in games against Celtic but to beat them as in the "New Year" fixture last year, it would take a bad day from Celtic and Rangers being on their game.ย  ย They also struggled for consistency and so struggled in other games.

This season, they seem to have the consistency although Celtic do seem to be able to beat other teams more easily and not only are they competitive against Celtic, this game today and the cup final showed they were capable of outplaying Celtic over 90 minutes.ย  ย  ย In the game at Ibrox last season, Rangers largely won because Celtic had an off day and Lennon made some bizarre tactical selections.ย  ย Today, Celtic were poor but I think thats more because outwith the last 10 minutes of each half, Rangers were so dominant.ย  ย Getting the win today though is hugely important both in terms of points and also pyschologically.

A lot still to play for and the pressure will be on both sides but arguably more on Celtic.ย  ย 

It'll be interesting to see in one or both teams splash out in the transfer window, I suspect Celtic might be more tempted to do so.ย  I'm never convinced that January signings are worth it unless its down to trying to replace players who're injured.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

What you saw last season was that Rangers could raise their game to be competitive in games against Celtic but to beat them as in the "New Year" fixture last year, it would take a bad day from Celtic and Rangers being on their game.ย  ย They also struggled for consistency and so struggled in other games.

This season, they seem to have the consistency although Celtic do seem to be able to beat other teams more easily and not only are they competitive against Celtic, this game today and the cup final showed they were capable of outplaying Celtic over 90 minutes.ย  ย  ย In the game at Ibrox last season, Rangers largely won because Celtic had an off day and Lennon made some bizarre tactical selections.ย  ย Today, Celtic were poor but I think thats more because outwith the last 10 minutes of each half, Rangers were so dominant.ย  ย Getting the win today though is hugely important both in terms of points and also pyschologically.

A lot still to play for and the pressure will be on both sides but arguably more on Celtic.ย  ย 

It'll be interesting to see in one or both teams splash out in the transfer window, I suspect Celtic might be more tempted to do so.ย  I'm never convinced that January signings are worth it unless its down to trying to replace players who're injured.

That's bigoted!!!

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Morelos was the one shining light for us today. Whilst relying on that cunt you're fucked!ย 

Agree. Two points off top in league with a game in hand, heโ€™s our top scorer. Last 32 of Europe, heโ€™s our and competition top scorer. Absolutely fucked right enough.ย 

13 minutes ago, Emoji said:

Agree. Two points off top in league with a game in hand, heโ€™s our top scorer. Last 32 of Europe, heโ€™s our and competition top scorer. Absolutely fucked right enough.ย 

Loose cannon and failing constantly in the biggest domestic game of the season ๐Ÿคฃ

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

Loose cannon and failing constantly in the biggest domestic game of the season ๐Ÿคฃ

I actually do feel kinda sorry for you guys on here.ย  But you must have known that Rangers would return to where we belong.ย  You milked it when we were unfairly relegated and rightly so.ย  But you must have known surely.ย  We are all neil lennonย ๐Ÿ˜€

11 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I actually do feel kinda sorry for you guys on here.ย  But you must have known that Rangers would return to where we belong.ย  You milked it when we were unfairly relegated and rightly so.ย  But you must have known surely.ย  We are all neil lennonย ๐Ÿ˜€

You werenโ€™t unfairly relegated. You weren't even relegated. You went bust, ceased to exist, had to reform and start again and do so,ย rightly, from the bottom.

But yes we all knew youโ€™d be back one day. Except, it seems, the Celtic board which has failed miserably to prepare for it.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Nae arrogance, what about the simply the best bullshit or the we are the people pish. Now away back to your dark room & enjoy your teams deserved win. Happy new year & all the best for 2020. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

How is Rangers fans singing Simply The Best any different from the countless clubs that sing theirย team is โ€œby far the greatest team the world has ever seenโ€?

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

How is Rangers fans singing Simply The Best any different from the countless clubs that sing theirย team is โ€œby far the greatest team the world has ever seenโ€?

You won't win.ย  It is called the Bile.ย  They just canny take it.ย  That is my Glenlivet finished.ย  Down to Gluepot for the Kareoke.ย  Simply the Best.

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Cos the other teams' fans don't feel the need to bring the Pope and the IRA into it?

33 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

You werenโ€™t unfairly relegated. You weren't even relegated. You went bust, ceased to exist, had to reform and start again and do so,ย rightly, from the bottom.

But yes we all knew youโ€™d be back one day. Except, it seems, the Celtic board which has failed miserably to prepare for it.

FFS, you know absolutely why that fat turd is baiting with it and you bite.ย ๐Ÿ™ˆ

15 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Cos the other teams' fans don't feel the need to bring the Pope and the IRA into it?

Hearts..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5108076/hearts-f-the-pope-ira-chant-hibs/amp/

Anyway, to have a debate on singing and the rights & wrongs, you can't pick and choose what you hear and don't hear.ย 

ย 

3 minutes ago, Debian said:

Hearts..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5108076/hearts-f-the-pope-ira-chant-hibs/amp/

Anyway, to have a debate on singing and the rights & wrongs, you can't pick and choose what you hear and don't hear.ย 

ย 

Don't you dare post facts on here.ย  Macy and Ormond will have a seizure.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Iโ€™m somewhat confused by today. Have Rangers won the Champions League today, has England won the World Cup, thatโ€™s the only possible conclusion that I can make after seeing the joy and gloating by the gammons.ย 

They come right back down to earth if you tell themย that Singapore has just surrendered to the Japanese.