Team for San Marino - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for San Marino

ICT fan Shaun

13 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

At least someone has picked Russell. Flies from the other side of the Atlantic to join up with the squad.  Always turns up to mostly warm the bench. I would play him too 

... And this is why we're shite, dish out a charity cap, because a dumpling is willing to fly fae America for one 

I know there are many who will not agree but we, the fans MUST stay behind the team. Turn up and support them. Yes, regardless. Otherwise we are another negative in this very negative picture. The players look totally demoralised and need us behind them. Not their fault SFA is a shambles. 

30 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

I know there are many who will not agree but we, the fans MUST stay behind the team. Turn up and support them. Yes, regardless. Otherwise we are another negative in this very negative picture. The players look totally demoralised and need us behind them. Not their fault SFA is a shambles. 

Part of the reason the SFA are a shambles is because until now the fans have followed the team regardless. 

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Part of the reason the SFA are a shambles is because until now the fans have followed the team regardless. 

Good point but Team still needs our support. Not sure even more empty stadia will change things. Country needs to put national team as highest priority. SPFL have too much clout. Wish I had some.

Just now, Jacques Hunt said:

Good point but Team still needs our support. Not sure even more empty stadia will change things. Country needs to put national team as highest priority. SPFL have too much clout. Wish I had some.

Theres not a hope in hell of the national team becoming priority. The priority for those with clout is to ensure the old firm are not upset and if one of them are, make sure the other side gets upset by just as much to restore the balance.

It really depends on what formation we are playing.

If we switch to 3-5-1-1 then: Marshall; Gallagher, Findlay, Taylor; Fraser, Armstrong, McTominay, Fleck, Robertson; Christie; Burke.

If we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 then: Marshall; Palmer, Gallagher, Findlay, Robertson; McTominay, Fleck; Fraser, Armstrong, Christie; Burke

Marshall

Palmer             Devlin          Gallagher                Robertson

McTominay              Christie                             McGinn                   

Russell                     Shankland                        Fraser

3-0 (to Scotland)

22 hours ago, andyD said:

Fleck, McGinn and McGregor all hid again last night, so all out of the side.
Christie always looks lively.
Use our pace out wide, Burke and Fraser should be effective.
Shankland continues up top as he didn't look bad 2nd half and he's the only goal scorer in the squad.
Marshall and Palmer did ok, so keep them in.
As good a game as any to blood Findlay and Gallagher, see if they can handle it.

Screenshot_2019-10-11 Football Formation Creator - Make Your Team and Share Tactics.png

I quite like the look of that team, I have always felt we play alot better with Armstrong in the team, problem is he's not playing much football if any for his club.

21 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Agree to an extent, but we need to start somewhere.

As Clarke said yesterday he hopes this is the lowest of the low.

Yes, a pub team, the worst team in UEFA etc ; but I hope we play out of our arses and put 7 or more goals past them.

Too naive and optimistic, probably, but we have 3 games and 3 winnable games to put some form together before those playoffs.

Yeh a really big win of say 4 or 5 nil would give the players a crumb of comfort so that we can then aim to build a little bit of confidence by winning the final two games.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, Tartan blood said:

Is it too late to call up players from the U21s? Some of them may be in with a shout of playing in the playoffs next March, so why not integrate them. Billy Gilmour, at least, should be brought in to familiarise himself with the squad and set up. Same with Hornby. 

The U21s have a crucial qualifier on Monday. Why would you think it was a good idea to take away their best players to play in a meaningless match against San Marino?

22 hours ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Are you blaming the SFA for the players performances against Russia over the last few games?