Europa League 19/20 - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Absolute amateur hour defending from Tavernier.  He's been rotten for most of this season and could do with a spell on the bench but I don't think we've got anyone to come in and take his place.  Maybe if we hadn't signed 22 wingers....:rolleyes:

Back to the game, I thought Jack was the best player on the pitch before he went off and I was surprised at Stewart coming on for him and not King (who is also starting to look like a pretty baffling signing).  Ojo was as good as a man down and how he stayed on for the full 90 minutes is a mystery.  Morelos was very impressive again and continues to develop in to a cracking player with the discipline stuff looking to be under control.  It was a really frustrating night.  But for some poor finishing and a couple of cracking saves we should have been out of sight and top of the group but you can't defend so poorly at that level and expect to take anything.  We now have 2 really tough games against Porto back to back and it wouldn't surprise me if we're still on 3 points after those.

Tavernier is also the captain, so there's even less chance of him getting dropped. 

Hopefully Porto take the 2 games against us as lightly as the 2 they've had so far. 

It is shaping up to be an interesting group. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Great game.  Very even.  Hard to predict the 2nd half but knowing Rangers something ridiculous will happen that proves we are a Scottish team.  Hope I am wrong though.  C'mon the Gers.

Rangers hadn’t been in the game at all before Porto scored. It was when not if they’d score. Some strike.

The reaction from Rangers was excellent though, great play and finish for the goal.

Morelos summed up in 30 seconds, scores a lovely composed finish, then appears to be trying his hardest to get booked for his “celebration“. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers hadn’t been in the game at all before Porto scored. It was when not if they’d score. Some strike.

The reaction from Rangers was excellent though, great play and finish for the goal.

Morelos summed up in 30 seconds, scores a lovely composed finish, then appears to be trying his hardest to get booked for his “celebration“. 🤷‍♂️

Didn't think his celebration was too bad for a change.  Took the goal well though.

He just seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time carrying out various fairly subdued celebrations in front of the Porto fans behind the goal and eventually got a bite from a substitute.

He’s having a decent game though.

If the Chinese are watching.... 💲💲💲💲

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Morelos’ celebration. Think you’re looking for something that’s not there.