Europa League 19/20 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Winners and runners up go through along with the 8 3rd places champions league teams to the “round of 32”

It's harder to get knocked out this tournament than it is to go through to the next round. 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It wasn’t meant as a compliment. 😂

It was a reference to his wonderful ability to play in semantics and completely ignore the massive holes in his argument.

I know. I was joking. 

And not to be too pedantic there are no holes in my argument, this time. 

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And Rangers are back with a thud.  Can't wait for Sunday.  Only show in town.  Well Gala anyway.  You coming down for a drink Macy?  I will order in some Buckfast for you pal 😎.  You are not getting any of the champagne I have kept on ice. (for the past 8 years).

You going to the Gala game on the 14th?

Just now, Debian said:

That's the one. I'll be getting the train down

Meet up then and I will go to game.  I am sure it won't be all ticket!!  I was going to go to the Innerleithen Highland Games that day but rather watch the football.  Went to Bathgate yesterday and seen the Dale winning 7- 1.  Great result. Give me a pm and meet up for the game.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, Jim Beem said:

Troll or just an imbecile I’m not sure. Maybe both. Either way, the continued responses to his drivel makes this section of the board pretty much now unreadable. The TA section is the same and is effectively a no go area due to the constant dirge form a previously banned, attention seeking self indulgent sad act.  Not many sections left worth reading to be honest. 🤷‍♂️

Yep. It is like a gradual suffocation of the board.

I think most posters have got the picture by now regarding the trolling and ignoring it point blank.

But now we have trolls replying to trolls as a way to keep themselves going... look at who replies the most at this point. Pure troll on troll action.

You really have to wonder what energizes these folk. It does seem like they want to kill the tamb. 

• 3 weeks later...

Played ok, dreadful mistake for the penalty. Bolingoli is just awful, difficult to actually comprehend how many small mistakes he makes. Forrest and Christie making poor decisions as well, I like Christie but he's not better than Ntcham or Rogic.

Celtic deserve to be level based on the play. It's a very even game but there's so much diving going on from both teams. It's embarrassing. 

Not 100% sure Forrest was fouled for the penalty and the replay wasn't great but a draw would be a fair result I think. 

That's a good point for us in the end. Some really good performances as well although the likes of Boli and Ajer really need to tighten up their act at that level. 

I was surprised to see Cluj defeat Lazio. Maybe the Italians aren't taking it too seriously or maybe they're not up to much. Anyone keep tabs on Serie 'A' these days? 

21 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Deserved point for Celtic IMO. Although, its yet another dreadful dive from Forrest for the penalty 😂 Rangers could have buried Feyenoord first half, played sone decent stuff. Surely Feyenoord aren’t  this bad though ? 😳  

Feyenoord better in 2nd half, but Rangers still getting a lot of openings.

If they want 3 points, they need to punish these mistakes.

Rangers better hope the UEFA delegate is Campbell Ogilvie, or deaf. 😂

31 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Pleased with that, though it should have been 3 or 4.

We were far to open towards the end. We need to be smarter.

Yep. They should have had a couple too. It wouldn't have been a shock to see a 5-2.

Thought we tired quite badly. Morelos looked like he was towing a caravan for the last 20 minutes. 

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yep. They should have had a couple too. It wouldn't have been a shock to see a 5-2.

Thought we tired quite badly. Morelos looked like he was towing a caravan for the last 20 minutes. 

I thought Morelos was fantastic last night.  Didn't score but his hold up play was superb and he bullied their back 4 all night.

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

100%.  Jack, Kamara, Arfield and Morelos could hardly move towards the end.  Absolutely goosed.

Mcgregor was brilliant as usual, Tav was crap, has been all season, Goldson was ok, but got caught a few times, Helander did ok, Flannigan was good, Davis was ok, Kamara was ok until mid way through 2nd half, Jack the same, Arfield was poor, touch, passing all poor, Ojo was shite for majority of game, Morelos was poor, far too greedy, thinks he is Van Basten sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Emoji said:

100%.  Jack, Kamara, Arfield and Morelos could hardly move towards the end.  Absolutely goosed.

Mcgregor was brilliant as usual, Tav was crap, has been all season, Goldson was ok, but got caught a few times, Helander did ok, Flannigan was good, Davis was ok, Kamara was ok until mid way through 2nd half, Jack the same, Arfield was poor, touch, passing all poor, Ojo was shite for majority of game, Morelos was poor, far too greedy, thinks he is Van Basten sometimes.

Disagree on Flanagan, he was like the invisible man.  Didn't contribute a single thing all night.....