Ticket sales picking up - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket sales picking up

hamilton wanderer

I had to get 4 extra tickets for our group and the sales are looking a lot better.  The north stand will be a certain sell out and the sections that are on sale at each end are beginning to fill up really well (they tend to release the tickets section by section as the ones next to them fill up). 

A bit of radio publicity should push the crowd to a respectable level.

With there now being a managerial appointment pleasing to the general consensus as well as it being a Saturday I'd be surprised if the attendance didn't post up as 40+ thousand, maybe pushing high 40s.

Must be a busy time in the booking office at Hampden since Clarke was unveiled

13 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

With there now being a managerial appointment pleasing to the general consensus as well as it being a Saturday I'd be surprised if the attendance didn't post up as 40+ thousand, maybe pushing high 40s.

Don’t think there’s anywhere near that amount sold so there will need to be a big surge in sales over the next week if you’re correct. 

I think there’s more likely to be around 25,000-30,000 but it’s difficult to tell. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Don’t think there’s anywhere near that amount sold so there will need to be a big surge in sales over the next week if you’re correct. 

I think there’s more likely to be around 25,000-30,000 but it’s difficult to tell. 

Casual gateist 😉

As N4Footsoldier said there'll be a huge uplift after the Clarke appointment but  recent years of SFA pricing and team results still won't sell out Hampden.

As a one off they should offer more  kids free (I've no idea if there is some sort of promo).

15 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Going by online sales, you'd be lucky if 15,000 have been sold.

9 hours ago, fringo said:

As N4Footsoldier said there'll be a huge uplift after the Clarke appointment but  recent years of SFA pricing and team results still won't sell out Hampden.

As a one off they should offer more  kids free (I've no idea if there is some sort of promo).

I don't get the pricing issue - the prices are fair IMO for international football.

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Get the price right and you get nearly 20.000 watching women play midweek even with the game being on the TV

True, but the game was free to SSC members, so got to factor that in as well.

I suspect it will be 35-40k on Saturday (how many times do we hear about these games being in the high teens/low 20’s then a late surge gets it above 30k).

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't get the pricing issue - the prices are fair IMO for international football.

Agreed. Especially if you bought the season ticket. My west stand season ticket works out at £18 per game which is the cheapest it’s been in recent memory.

I know the public sale tickets are dearer but it’s not any more expensive than going to your average Scottish Premiership match. 

21 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Agreed. Especially if you bought the season ticket. My west stand season ticket works out at £18 per game which is the cheapest it’s been in recent memory.

I know the public sale tickets are dearer but it’s not any more expensive than going to your average Scottish Premiership match. 

Yup, I'm £18 a game too.

My season ticket for Killie (which I think is decent value too) is around £18 a game also.

Pricing isn't the issue, the product is. We've around 15,000 hardcore home fans, the rest just show up when things look like they are on the up.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I agree. There was one or two recent campaigns they absolutely took the piss but they have been receptive to feedback. As individual ticket sales go it's not THAT bad now. People aren't happy if they're not moaning I suppose

5 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I agree. There was one or two recent campaigns they absolutely took the piss but they have been receptive to feedback. As individual ticket sales go it's not THAT bad now. People aren't happy if they're not moaning I suppose

That was pretty much what I was thinking of when I made my last post..

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

That was pretty much what I was thinking of when I made my last post..

Yeah and I like the idea of ticket giveaways if the stadium isn't selling out. As mentioned in other threads we've given ourselves a huge task of qualifying out of this group with the Kazakhstan result but hopefully it helps to take the pressure off Clarke to find his feet building up to the playoffs in good form to hopefully get Hampden rocking again by the end of the year.

His staple answer in the press conference this week was more of less "we'll wait and see" so I'm not brimming with immediate confidence but that's the reality of the situation we've found ourselves in. We can always hope.

I don't get the moans about pricing, we paid  £22 each for our tickets which is £2 cheaper than the last Premier League  game I attended at Easter Road.. I think kids are about a fiver and I know schools got free tickets for previous games  . So  the SFA seem to be  trying their besr as far as pricing is concerned .

Looks like close to 20000 sold  so hopefully over 25000 at the game, not brilliant but I dread to think what it would have  been had Eck still been in charge .

6 minutes ago, p gala ta said:

I don't get the moans about pricing, we paid  £22 each for our tickets which is £2 cheaper than the last Premier League  game I attended at Easter Road.. I think kids are about a fiver and I know schools got free tickets for previous games  . So  the SFA seem to be  trying their besr as far as pricing is concerned .

Looks like close to 20000 sold  so hopefully over 25000 at the game, not brilliant but I dread to think what it would have  been had Eck still been in charge .

Less than 15,000 I would reckon. Probably the lowest for a qualifier for 30-40 years or more. 

We’ll never know thankfully. 

13 hours ago, p gala ta said:

Ticket pricing has been done to death on here but from a personal point I would find it hard to justify going if a ticket was £50. However if it was £20 I would happily go and pay for my two adult children who are in full time education and therefor my dependants to come along too.

Comparing prices in different areas is difficult, the experience isn't as good in the cheaper seats.

Think the last time I discussed this on here I decided ticket prices should be means tested.

Sales still look pathetic.

Sections A In West and Sections G in East still completely closed off.

Upper South completely closed off.

North looking pretty much full, with first 5 sections of West and first 3 of East being similar. South lower looks okay but a pretty poor crowd as it stands.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sales still look pathetic.

Sections A In West and Sections G in East still completely closed off.

Upper South completely closed off.

North looking pretty much full, with first 5 sections of West and first 3 of East being similar. South lower looks okay but a pretty poor crowd as it stands.

that's concerning considering there's been a seriously positive swing with the Clarke appointment.  Quite surprised too, know my group has more than the die hards going.

never the 10-12 folk we used to get though.  

6 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

That's a shame, we should be getting 35,000 + for this kind of game and opponent or an even bigger crowd for a Saturday 3pm kick off.

7.45pm, but your point still stands

Its pretty desperate