This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 87 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Some folk saying this should have been a red...

38 mins
Celtic skipper Scott Brown has had a quiet afternoon so far but he's now getting roundly booed by the home fans as he goes in high and late, chopping down goalscorer Vykintas Slivka near the halfway line.

Straight red.  A cowards challenge

Today was the first time I’d been to a Hibs game without any enthusiasm whatsoever since the final in 2016

I thought today was a combination of Hibs being outstanding and Celtc being absolutely shite. Hibs were pressing, chasing and winning the ball back today which has been lacking for months

Its a pity Vykintas Slivka only seems to put a shift in against Rangers and Celtc as that’s when he shows how much quality he has, yet he seems to do fuck all against the other 10 teams in the league 

GGTTH!

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Today was the first time I’d been to a Hibs game without any enthusiasm whatsoever since the final in 2016

I thought today was a combination of Hibs being outstanding and Celtc being absolutely shite. Hibs were pressing, chasing and winning the ball back today which has been lacking for months

Its a pity Vykintas Slivka only seems to put a shift in against Rangers and Celtc because he seems to do fuck all against the other 10 teams in the league 

GGTTH!

Well fone today. Did the greatest fans in the world stay to the end? Maybe i will ask brendan.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Nah. The greatest fans in the world will support scott brown. What goes around etc. Wonder what rod kidon scotsman will be singing tonite. We are crying? Brilliant.

If Rod Stewart (who has a Scottish father) is a "kidon scotsman" what does that make those idiots in Ulster you love who regard themselves as Scots because their Great-great-great-great-great-great-great granny and granda came from here ?

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If Rod Stewart (who has a Scottish father) is a "kidon scotsman" what does that make those idiots in Ulster you love who regard themselves as Scots because their Great-great-great-great-great-great-great granny and granda came from here ?

Rod Stewart is more Scottish than gimps like Matt Philips, Richie etc will ever be.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There wasn’t half as many empty seats as there was at Parkheid between 2012-2016

All aboot the Rangers

Where were the greatest fans in the world yesterday? I quoted sir brendan on here the other day as they left en mass at parkhead last week. Only quoting the great man himself. And yet!! ☺. Yon wee boy erzat will be on shortly claiming i am a ulster scot or whatever. Please come back ormond. We know u are watching x

That wouldn't happen to coincide with Celtic stepping up to the mark and getting a great manager, would it? You could see there was going to be an influx of people coming back the moment you seen the amount of people that turned up to welcome Rodgers appointment.

Club spend money on the upkeep of the team and more fans turn up; that can't be a new thing.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That wouldn't happen to coincide with Celtic stepping up to the mark and getting a great manager, would it? You could see there was going to be an influx of people coming back the moment you seen the amount of people that turned up to welcome Rodgers appointment.

Club spend money on the upkeep of the team and more fans turn up; that can't be a new thing.

I'd say it's half and half. Defo the Rodgers effect to some extent but the only domestic game that's truly full at Parkhead is when you play Rangers.

For example you were playing the league leaders the other week and apart from the standing section (fair play to them they never leave early and always turn up in comparison) there were plenty of gaps in the stadium (even more after 80 mins)T hink the attendance was given as 58,000 last week against us but it was more like 50,000 at a push.

Rodgers being there and the team winning everything is defo a factor but there's no denying the lure of the old firm has sold season tickets too.

Rodgers being there has defo boasted your away attendances though as they've more than doubled at RP from the Delia seasons.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say it's half and half. Defo the Rodgers effect to some extent but the only domestic game that's truly full at Parkhead is when you play Rangers.

For example you were playing the league leaders the other week and apart from the standing section (fair play to them they never leave early and always turn up in comparison) there were plenty of gaps in the stadium (even more after 80 mins)T hink the attendance was given as 58,000 last week against us but it was more like 50,000 at a push.

Rodgers being there and the team winning everything is defo a factor but there's no denying the lure of the old firm has sold season tickets too.

Rodgers being there has defo boasted your away attendances though as they've more than doubled at RP from the Delia seasons.

Can't deny that there will be some folk who are coming back for the Old Firm reason, would be daft to deny otherwise. I probably wouldn't be quite pushing it to 50/50 though, but that can't really be argued one way or another by either of us.

I'd imagine it wasn't as full as Rangers, and Aberdeen/Hearts, would be is probably down to the fact it was Kilmarnock. Without wanting to sound like an arsehole (I'm probably failing), despite the fact you were the league leaders at the time, it was still a game v Kilmarnock. Christmas/New Year always sees attendances drop off to an extent as well. I'd imagine that's bound to be similar at other grounds? Perhaps that's the Irish factor?

Rodgers has absolutely given the club the boost it needed though.

44 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I'd imagine it wasn't as full as Rangers, and Aberdeen/Hearts, would be is probably down to the fact it was Kilmarnock. Without wanting to sound like an arsehole (I'm probably failing), despite the fact you were the league leaders at the time, it was still a game v Kilmarnock. Christmas/New Year always sees attendances drop off to an extent as well. I'd imagine that's bound to be similar at other grounds? Perhaps that's the Irish factor?

Our attendances always seem to go up in December for some reason. That said, it was just 4,700 on Saturday with 200 Dundee fans but it was a horrendous day. I get what you're saying about it being against Killie but surely you go to see your team and not base it on the opposition. Not saying you do for one minute but some folk must?

46 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Rodgers has absolutely given the club the boost it needed though.

100%, not disagreeing with that. Maybe I should have said that if Rodgers wasn't boss, crowds would have still gone up with the arrival of the huns.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Our attendances always seem to go up in December for some reason. That said, it was just 4,700 on Saturday with 200 Dundee fans but it was a horrendous day. I get what you're saying about it being against Killie but surely you go to see your team and not base it on the opposition. Not saying you do for one minute but some folk must?

You would think so, but it's not always the case. If some people have a season book and can maybe only commit to one or two a month then they're always going to prioritise games. Especially around this time.

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You would think so, but it's not always the case. If some people have a season book and can maybe only commit to one or two a month then they're always going to prioritise games. Especially around this time.

More money than sense if you buy a season ticket then pick and choose your games.

:lol: