This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 52 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Because you suggested that people who want to be able to have a pint at the game "need" it and have a problem if they can;t go without a pint for a couple of hours. It annoyed me. It annoyed me because it's the nonsensical bullshit that daft politicians and police chiefs come out with, in their attempts to continue treating football fans like scum. 

That wasn't what I was intending to suggest, so apologies if it sounded like that. 

Football fans don't help themselves though, albeit it may be a tiny minority. 

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

No different from Lennon, Scott Brown & Kris Boyd then, as i've said Logans nae the smartest whereas the others I've mentioned are supposed to be, Boyds even got a newspaper column to spout his wisdom 😳 

I've never heard anyone ever try and say Boyd is smart.

The other 3 got abuse for years, Logan only seems to get it as he starts his shite with fans first in my experience, he likes to think he's relevant when in fact he's a bang average full back. I've never seen Boyd (for all his faults) react to abuse in any other way other than a smile. Aberdeen fans give him pelters every game but he normally just scores and points to his belly.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Logan only seems to get it as he starts his shite with fans first in my experience, 

Nope. He got abuse from Celtic for grassing on Tonev first. 

No matter how much some Celtic fans want to re-write history. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

PS - You can drink in free bars for hours either side of games all across Scotland in hospitality boxes every weekend. Wine on table, drink freely flowing on table service. It's okay though as you are wearing a suit.

Thats a good point.    Got to admit Ive been in a few states at hospitality, far drunker than I have ever been having a few pre match scoops as per normal. In fact, far to drunk fir the football if truth be told. Ive never been chucked out though or caused any hassle.

56 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Is Lennon to blame for these idiots? No. Could Lennon help avoid these situations occurring by altering his behaviour? Undoubtedly. 

Agreed.Two completely separate arguments in my opinion. T suggest one would not happen without the other is daft and pointless. 

Edited by Jim Beem

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Nope. He got abuse from Celtic for grassing on Tonev first. 

No matter how much some Celtic fans want to re-write history. 

Wasn't talking about Celtic, I was talking about him generally being a bellend at Killie-Aberdeen games I attend.

He's an attention seeking thicko.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wasn't talking about Celtic, I was talking about him generally being a bellend at Killie-Aberdeen games I attend.

He's an attention seeking thicko.

Yeah, i can accept he gets abuse off other fans for being a wanker. That wasn't what came first at Celtic Park though. I was merely clarifying that. 

4 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Just to clarify, are Celtic the only club who aren't allowed to give him abuse unless they are racists? Need to know if I should be ordering a MAGA cap for the cup final or not.

I never said anyone giving him abuse was racist. Where you getting that from? 

What i said was that he started getting abuse because he grassed up Tonev. Are you denying that? 

The reason he gets abuse now may be nothing to do with that incident, however it'd be bizarre if there was no correlation. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What i said was that he started getting abuse because he grassed up Tonev. Are you denying that? 

The reason he gets abuse now may be nothing to do with that incident, however it'd be bizarre if there was no correlation. 

I perhaps misinterpreted your post a few up. Fair enough. Can't really argue about much there, chief.

My understanding is he received abuse from Celtic fans due to him grassing up Tonev and both Tonev and Celtic fans believed he was a lying cunt. Nothing to do with racism or religion just the plain fact Celtic fans, like other teams fans, felt he was a whank.

Its poles apart from the actual reason Lennon is a target. 

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

My understanding is he received abuse from Celtic fans due to him grassing up Tonev and both Tonev and Celtic fans believed he was a lying cunt.

Celtic fans who wouldn't have a fucking clue and are just blindly supporting a guy because he wore their shirt a half dozen times? 

LOL

26 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Nail on the head here yet the denial continues. This board encapsulates the whole of our pitiful nation. 

http://www.skysports.com/share/11542578

if McInnes & Gerrard carried on the way Lennon does at games over the next 18 months

they would be getting coined every rangers aberdeen game

they may already do, i dont know

lennon is a lovely bloke off the pitch, having met him a couple of times, pleasent/approachable seems happy to give everyone the time of day no problem

on the pitch/pitchside he is incendiary

7 minutes ago, Bino's said:

if McInnes & Gerrard carried on the way Lennon does at games over the next 18 months

they would be getting coined every rangers aberdeen game

they may already do, i dont know

lennon is a lovely bloke off the pitch, having met him a couple of times, pleasent/approachable seems happy to give everyone the time of day no problem

on the pitch/pitchside he is incendiary

As I was saying.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Celtic fans who wouldn't have a fucking clue and are just blindly supporting a guy because he wore their shirt a half dozen times? 

LOL

Aren't Aberdeen fans just blindly supporting Logan and his accusations because he plays for their club then? Because there's been no proof to suggest he was telling the truth whatsoever. Just one player's word against the other 

21 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Aren't Aberdeen fans just blindly supporting Logan and his accusations because he plays for their club then? Because there's been no proof to suggest he was telling the truth whatsoever. Just one player's word against the other 

Not this guy. I never said Logan is correct. I'm merely saying he started getting booed because he reported Tonev as having racially abused him. 

Not this guy. I never said Logan is correct. I'm merely saying he started getting booed because he reported Tonev as having racially abused him. 

Ok well it's just that your post that I quoted suggested otherwise. That incident brought him to our attention but he currently gets booed for being a complete knob.