league cup - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

15 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I can hear the don's fans on here already. Prepare for the verbals.:hammer:

I believe that it's important to be gracious.

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Fair play to Aberdeen.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Their game plan was clearly to put 11 men behind the ball and make no attempt to attack and grab one from a set piece and they’ve worked it to a tee. 

We lined up to attack, but Scott Wright wasn't as strong in the #10 position as we would have hoped and James Wilson was 'starved'.

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If Morelos or Lafferty play that game...

Yon replacement had what? A half dozen offsides and a yellow for diving?

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I hope Gerrard has words with Morelos after the game. 

He really needs to mature.

We went into our one semi v Motherwell without Shinnie, McLean, and Logan.

Was always going to play a role in the outcome.

20 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We’ve not done enough to break them down  

The stats are showing that you had a shot on target, but I'm struggling to remember it.

Guest faircity
7 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

Really thought Aberdeen would be better than that but happy for them . Are they always that bad or did they think they were playing brazil today

Italy were shite all those years tae. 

Im loving these thinly veiled barbs. Sook it up. 

Just now, DaveyDenoon said:

It really ought to be. Anything else would be a disgrace.

Also each side should get half the North stand, half the South (less the corporate etc) and behind one goal.

Couldn’t care less which side gets which end, it should be based on ease of travelling and nothing else. If there’s no real advantage travel-wise which would make life easier for supporters busses then toss a coin to decide.

Guest faircity

Aye fair play to Bobby madden, he had a decent game, I must confess to thinking he was running in to award the penalty and a card but he done well. 

22 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

50:50 split for the final then?...

I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't be.

9 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Also each side should get half the North stand, half the South (less the corporate etc) and behind one goal.

Couldn’t care less which side gets which end, it should be based on ease of travelling and nothing else. If there’s no real advantage travel-wise which would make life easier for supporters busses then toss a coin to decide.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

5 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

You must be delighted the 'conspiracy theory' didn't materialise. Good prediction tho.

I was basing it on our squad's returning numbers and their missing players (plus I'm bias).

6 minutes ago, faircity said:

Aye fair play to Bobby madden, he had a decent game, I must confess to thinking he was running in to award the penalty and a card but he done well. 

Jeezo he was keen but a that's a bit unprofessional. He should have let John Beaton handle it since he was assigned the game 

Guest faircity
15 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Jeezo he was keen but a that's a bit unprofessional. He should have let John Beaton handle it since he was assigned the game 

Whoops. That's who I meant. Christ. Or Bob valentine. 

Edited by faircity

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Fair play to Aberdeen. Their game plan was clearly to put 11 men behind the ball and make no attempt to attack and grab one from a set piece and they’ve worked it to a tee. We’ve not done enough to break them down  

If Morelos or Lafferty play that game I reckon we win it by a couple but it wasn’t to be and I hope Gerrard has words with Morelos after the game. 

We were embarrassingly bad today. The better team didn’t win. Fair play to the fans who made the effort to turn up - they should enjoy this. Hope Considine is ok - but he shouldn’t have started. Lowe from the start would have helped us enormously. McGinn looks like he couldn’t give a fexk. GMS in a better team is going to do a lot of damage. 

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

The stats are showing that you had a shot on target, but I'm struggling to remember it.

Despite dominating territory, Steven Gerrard's side didn't test goalkeeper Joe Lewis at all. He made one significant save, keeping out a James Tavernier but it was one you'd expect him to make every time.

Without top-scorer Alfredo Morelos, their attack was blunt. - BBC