league cup - Page 44 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Christie wasn’t fouled, he was clear to move forward but he chose to dive. I get it’s your team and you’ll defend them but that wasn’t a foul, it wasn’t a penalty and he cheated.

He was fouled. A relatively innocuous foul, but a foul.

Anywhere else on the pitch and that would’ve been given with little argument.

Interestingly, the BT studio ref agreed it was a penalty, presumably having seen it a number of times from a number of angles.

Salt in the wound now. Cheating pplayer changes dynamic of the whole match and then scores a goal. 

Hearts fans will have every reason to be pissed off  but their team’s reaction to going down hasn’t been good enough

Just now, DaveyDenoon said:

Interestingly, the BT studio ref agreed it was a penalty, presumably having seen it a number of times from a number of angles.

Everywhere on the pitch, if the same incident happened I would have said the same - Christie dives.

dont really care what a ref says because in this case he’s wrong

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The defenders hand were all over him, using your own logic that’s a foul and therefore a penalty.

neither incident was a foul 

Having his hands all over him doesn't make it a penalty. Football is a game where you’re allowed to put you’re hands on another player. Wasn’t being held and wasn’t being pulled so no foul.

Christie was clipped by the defender, not much in it, but clipped enough to impede him.

Studio qualified ref agrees so that’ll do for me.

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

This is where I think people with no real idea of playing football fall short. Anywhere else on the pitch, the player simply keeps going with the ball at his feet and no foul is blown for, regardless of someone making a poor half arsed attempt at a tackle. Because he was in the box Christie threw himself to the floor.

👍

Just now, DaveyDenoon said:

Having his hands all over him doesn't make it a penalty. Football is a game where you’re allowed to put you’re hands on another player. Wasn’t being held and wasn’t being pulled so no foul.

Christie was clipped by the defender, not much in it, but clipped enough to impede him.

Studio qualified ref agrees so that’ll do for me.

Contraction city in there

Just now, Jim Beem said:

This is where I think people with no real idea of playing football fall short. Anywhere else on the pitch, the player simply keeps going with the ball at his feet and no foul is blown for, regardless of someone making a poor half arsed attempt at a tackle. Because he was in the box Christie threw himself to the floor.

👍

BINGO 

2 minutes ago, JECK said:

Pathetic from hearts, no fight nothing. Far to easy for Celtic yet again.

Bit harsh.

Thought Hearts did well and fought hard up until going behind. But if you’re talking about their reaction to going behind then yes you’re right.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Contraction city in there

Not at all

Try reading and understanding what I’ve said. Understanding the laws might help too.

There is zero similarity in the two incidents so cannot be compared and there cannot therefore be any contradiction.

2 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Bit harsh.

Thought Hearts did well and fought hard up until going behind. But if you’re talking about their reaction to going behind then yes you’re right.

They go 1-0 down in a national semi final and just collapse. These semi finals have been built up for weeks so much and it's not even close. Embarrassing really 

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Not at all

Try reading and understanding what I’ve said. Understanding the laws might help too.

There is zero similarity in the two incidents so cannot be compared and there cannot therefore be any contradiction.

Erm, I’ve clearly read it. 

A player putting his hands on another can impede another player so using your logic it’s a pen. 

Even a few tims I know who are watching the game are pissing themselves laughing because it wasn’t a pen. Your team has won so I’m fecked if I know why you’re trying to justify Christie’s cheating. He was the same at Aberdeen, a diving wee prick and I doubt he will change

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A player putting his hands on another can impede another player so using your logic it’s a pen. 

Even a few tims I know who are watching the game are pissing themselves laughing because it wasn’t a pen. Your team has won so I’m fecked if I know why you’re trying to justify Christie’s cheating. He was the same at Aberdeen, a diving wee prick and I doubt he will change

A player putting his hands on the League Cup will be Scott Brown. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Maybe a diving wee prick in your opinion. but if he was involve in a similar situation playing for Scotland in an important qualifier and it gave us a win then sure as fuck i wouldn't be complaining and i doubt you would, well maybe you would?

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes a player putting his hands on another CAN impede his opponent. But in Sinclair’s case it didn’t. Hence no penalty. Also by my logic not a pen. Easy really.

Of the four penalty shouts, only one was a pen and it was given.

Could Christie have stayed on his feet? Maybe he could. Nobody but him will ever know for sure. But if he could it still doesn’t mean he wasn’t fouled.

Edited by DaveyDenoon