Scottish player transfers - Page 220 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Ryan One joined Sheff. Utd permanently not sure of the fee.

Looks to have all the physical tools (strong and very fast) but I'm not too sure on his technical ability yet. At only 17 he has time to improve on that though. His physical make-up is pretty uncommon in a Scottish player so hopefully he can continue to progress.

17 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Looks to have all the physical tools (strong and very fast) but I'm not too sure on his technical ability yet. At only 17 he has time to improve on that though. His physical make-up is pretty uncommon in a Scottish player so hopefully he can continue to progress.

Sounds like Olly Burke #2

24 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Exactly my thinking. 

Not really tbh, Burke is an athlete with elite physical tools trying to be a footballer. He appears to have no understanding of the game at all (at an elite level) and therefore is unable to use the advantages he has effectively.

One is definitely a footballer and has an understanding of the game. When I say I am not sure about him technically I mean in the sense of whether that part of his game is well enough developed at this stage for him to have an elite ceiling. He is probably already more game aware than Burke and is probably also more technically developed IMO.

5 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Not really tbh, Burke is an athlete with elite physical tools trying to be a footballer. He appears to have no understanding of the game at all (at an elite level) and therefore is unable to use the advantages he has effectively.

One is definitely a footballer and has an understanding of the game. When I say I am not sure about him technically I mean in the sense of whether that part of his game is well enough developed at this stage for him to have an elite ceiling. He is probably already more game aware than Burke and is probably also more technically developed IMO.

I can only talk for myself, I know nothing about Ryan One, but the description given above made him sound like Oli Burke not that he would suffer from the same issues.  Oli Burke may yet feature for us in the future, he will be losing some of his pace as he gets older and I read that he does work hard and listen well from his coaching, I cant help but wonder if he was able to work at one club for a few years and work with the same staff it could do him wonders. 

56 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I can only talk for myself, I know nothing about Ryan One, but the description given above made him sound like Oli Burke not that he would suffer from the same issues.  Oli Burke may yet feature for us in the future, he will be losing some of his pace as he gets older and I read that he does work hard and listen well from his coaching, I cant help but wonder if he was able to work at one club for a few years and work with the same staff it could do him wonders. 

I've seen a little bit of Ryan One and I would say that he looks to have a good degree of football intelligence. 

As far as Burke is concerned I'm pretty sure that when he started at Forest he was often coming off the bench as a supersub or impact player. I imagine playing against someone of his power and pace would be the last thing a tiring defender wanted. Perhaps the limited time also covered up one or two weaknesses in his game.

A few bits of youngster news from the last week

New long term deals at Fulham scot u21 players Ibane Bowat and Connor Mcavoy, both rated highly 2 years plus an option of a 3rd, Bowat is impressing in the Austrian prem and Mcavoy had a successful loan at Partick last season but got injured.

Also Murray Campbell joined Burnley from St mirren another young CB, Burnley beat a number of other prem sides.

Young Hamilton attacking midfielder Cormac Daly joined Nottm forest. 

6 hours ago, syecosse said:

New long term deals at Fulham scot u21 players Ibane Bowat and Connor Mcavoy, both rated highly 2 years plus an option of a 3rd, Bowat is impressing in the Austrian prem and Mcavoy had a successful loan at Partick last season but got injured.

Also Murray Campbell joined Burnley from St mirren another young CB, Burnley beat a number of other prem sides.

Bowat again started for Hartberg and is a mainstay at CB against Austria Vienna they won 2-1 and are up to 4th after 7 games. 

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Hopefully not Liverpool.  Does he replace Robertson or sit on the bench behind Alexander Arnold, further blocking the path for Calvin Ramsay?  No-win move for Scotland.

And hopefully not Man United. A disaster of a club woefully run and managed heading in no direction. Also underlying turmoil. No thanks. Sooner he stayed put and McTominay got the hell out of there.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:57 AM, syecosse said:

More good info Syecosse, excellent work👌

• 2 months later...