Scottish player transfers - Page 217 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

I don't pay much attention to the transfer window, I only look out for Scottish players.  Can a player still go out on loan after the transfer window is over?  Only asking as there are a few players that could be stuck without any game time at all, yet some are first picks for us. Just hoping if they don't get a transfer they could still move to get game time.

18 minutes ago, stitch said:

I don't pay much attention to the transfer window, I only look out for Scottish players.  Can a player still go out on loan after the transfer window is over?  Only asking as there are a few players that could be stuck without any game time at all, yet some are first picks for us. Just hoping if they don't get a transfer they could still move to get game time.

No, the only players who can move after the deadline are free agents or players going to countries with a different transfer deadline e.g Saudi Arabia who's window is open until 20th September.

Really hope he can get something sorted before the transfer window closes. I've no idea what but clearly something has happened behind the scenes. At this point I wouldn't even be totally against him going back to Celtic for a season on loan - at least he'd be playing regularly.

5 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Really hope he can get something sorted before the transfer window closes. I've no idea what but clearly something has happened behind the scenes. At this point I wouldn't even be totally against him going back to Celtic for a season on loan - at least he'd be playing regularly.

Anywhere but back to Celtic, maybe when he is 30+ but not now he is still at his peak.

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

Anywhere but back to Celtic, maybe when he is 30+ but not now he is still at his peak.

I agree with this but will he have a choice? Will Arteta or Arsenal let him move to an EPL club? Spain, Italy or Germany is where I would like to see him go if he cant stay in England. 

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Better that than him rotting in the reserves at Arsenal.

Ideally someone will come in for him, although Newcastle and Real Sociedad were seemingly put off by the amount of money Arsenal were asking for.

I'm still quite ambivalent to Tierney not playing 1st team for Arsenal. He's been at his brilliant best for Scotland of late still and less chance of him being overplayed in 60 game seasons which would affect his long term fitness which has been shaky in prior years.

Until we see side effects of his lack of first team football bleed into his international form I'm not too bothered.

29 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Better that than him rotting in the reserves at Arsenal.

Ideally someone will come in for him, although Newcastle and Real Sociedad were seemingly put off by the amount of money Arsenal were asking for.

Yeh I know what you meant but surely Arteta( whom I liked but due to this debacle I'm going right off!) Is confident a permanent deal is going to get done otherwise why banish such a excellent professional from training.

Celtic couldn't afford him permanently & even though we all know he loves the club I  don't want one of our best players at 26 years old giving up on playing in a top league to come back to the spl.

24 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I'm still quite ambivalent to Tierney not playing 1st team for Arsenal. He's been at his brilliant best for Scotland of late still and less chance of him being overplayed in 60 game seasons which would affect his long term fitness which has been shaky in prior years.

Until we see side effects of his lack of first team football bleed into his international form I'm not too bothered.

Sorry mate but it's time to be bothered, he is not even as bit part player now so he simply has to get out of there.

28 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh I know what you meant but surely Arteta( whom I liked but due to this debacle I'm going right off!) Is confident a permanent deal is going to get done otherwise why banish such a excellent professional from training.

Celtic couldn't afford him permanently & even though we all know he loves the club I  don't want one of our best players at 26 years old giving up on playing in a top league to come back to the spl.

Depends what he's done to upset him, I suppose.  Tierney isn't noted for being a troublemaker though, so you might be right.

Maybe I wasn't clear before but I wasn't suggesting he go back to Celtic permanently; like you say, he'd be massively wasted playing in the SPFL at this stage of his career and there is no chance Celtic could afford him anyway.  A season-long loan move back there, though, where he would play regularly, keep his profile high - thus keeping him "in the shop window" - and, crucially, from a Scotland perspective, match fit for the Euros (when hopefully we've qualified!), wouldn't be a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Fabrizo Romano saying deal has been agreed to take Tierney to Real Sociedad on loan for the season

Obviously any move is good for him if he wasn't even training with the first team at Arsenal anymore but I think he'll do well in La Liga and good to see he's gone to a club in the champions league

17 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Sorry mate but it's time to be bothered, he is not even as bit part player now so he simply has to get out of there.

If he performs for Scotland then I don't care. We've not done too badly out of players who aren't necessarily first choice for their clubs, Anya for example. My feelings aren't hurt by him not playing.

Anyway he appears to be off to Sociedad so surely that will alleviate the arbitrary concerns of this group.