Alexander Elliot Salmond - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Elliot Salmond

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol: Fantastic. I am now even more convinced that TAMB Alan and this geezer is the same person. :lol:

"I predict big things from this exciting new author, shines a light on the dark and twisted mind of one of the most egotistical narcissistic individuals around in Britain today. Also has a few mentions of Alex Salmond"

an old one but i lol'd

If scottish people vote to elect a majority of pro independence candidates to the Scottish Parliament (again), then under what grounds do you think the UK government should block a referendum?

On the grounds that an SNP majority in Holyrood does not = a majority for independence. As we have seen.

A democratic decision was taken, so this rubbish about anti-democracy is laughable. There the matter needs to rest for a long time.

On the grounds that an SNP majority in Holyrood does not = a majority for independence. As we have seen.

A democratic decision was taken, so this rubbish about anti-democracy is laughable. There the matter needs to rest for a long time.

Why?

So because there was a referendum, whatever happens in this democratic society, is irrelevant. Ridiculous. In that case whoever wins an election should stay in power permanently.

Well, area voted Libdem for last 30 y for mp. In a county with NOC.

Funny place: farmers, "aspirational oilers", aberdonians who can no longer afford to live in Aberdeen, I believe Dyce and bridge of don sit in the constituency, which is home to shell, BP, total, Halliburton etc etc etc and I perceive then to be highly influential in forming people's opinion.

shell is tullos and seafield , unless they've moved in last few years -

lot of folk choose to head outside city to get a bit of land / pseudo country living

shell is tullos and seafield , unless they've moved in last few years -

lot of folk choose to head outside city to get a bit of land / pseudo country living

I stand corrected

No one said it equals a majority for independence. It equals a majority of people accepting their manifesto though, which will no doubt promise a referendum. Or do you want governments to ignore manifesto promises?

A democratic decision was taken. Why do you want democracy to stop? You realise that democracy is an on going process? That's why we have frequent elections. :ok:

Just seen a video on facebook from the bbc with 2 people outside westminster, the guy saying he wished Salmond would just die :blink:

A big laugh saying you want folk to die apparently.

No one said it equals a majority for independence. It equals a majority of people accepting their manifesto though, which will no doubt promise a referendum. Or do you want governments to ignore manifesto promises?

A democratic decision was taken. Why do you want democracy to stop? You realise that democracy is an on going process? That's why we have frequent elections. :ok:

A majority of MPs doesn't equal a majority of the vote either - one of the inadequacies of the system although it's not as bad as the UK one.

Even though he is a big favourite going by the bookies to win this seat I am slightly worried.

There will be a massive effor rom unionists to unite and vote for the Lib Dem candidate purely to beat Alex Salmond. Better Together and project fear will be back in action for this contest. We have already seen recent articles slamming Salmond over finances even though he gave half of a payment to charity. If the unionist vote does block together which I think it will it will make things very difficult for Salmond.

A defeat would be a big set back for the SNP and the YES movement as a whole as it will be fought on referendum issues, at least from the unionist side.

Aye. Also the other parties are taking a risk here, maybe snobby Gordon won't mind folk voting for the Tories, but other parts of Scotland will see the Lib Dems and Labour fighting hand in hand with the Tories here.

Even Michael Kelly has urged Labour voters to vote Lib Dem

They're going to chuck everything at this - which will make it all the better if Salmond wins