Alexander Elliot Salmond - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Elliot Salmond

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many politicians you can say is one of us. Met him once at an SNP dance at the Kestrel in Balerno (a much missed roadhouse) and once in St Ettiene before the Morocco game. A really pleasant guy and as much as the Unionists may try and berate his character, will go down in history as one of our Great Scots.

Eck is the most accomplished politician I have ever met, he genuinely cares about people, done the dirty by various characters who couldn't take him on face to face, but his best is yet to come.

Agreed.

I've had the pleasure of dining with Mr Salmond once at Hampden. A true gent who genuinely cares about our country and the inhabitants of our country.

Without him we would not have been in the position to hold a referendum. He has laid the groundwork and when we do become independent I hope he gets the recognition he truly deserves. When that day comes, one word will sum him up - LEGEND.

It will be interesting to see what Nicola S will bring, different qualities, for the next stage.

She will surpass Salmond. Certainly in achievement terms (i.e. she'll deliver an independent Scotland in 10-15 years).

Salmond, is the best Scottish politician of his generation, but the cultish love-in is a bit... dodgy! :blink: