Scottish cup weekend - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

OK you made a false equivalence argument,

much like people do for gays and pedo;s, another example of false equivalence.

Complaining about the form of the argument against doesn't excuse from the substance of it.

Everything here is sophistry. In my opinion of course.

Anyway back to reading about a true sophist david brailsford.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I thought uefa stated that live football can’t be shown on a cl night? I may obviously be wrong. 

I think this was ingnored down south last year due to a fixture build up. Talk of it being ignore in Germany too- but no idea if it ever was. Sure it was in the Guardian, if anyone is bothered to check. 

21 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I think this was ingnored down south last year due to a fixture build up. Talk of it being ignore in Germany too- but no idea if it ever was. Sure it was in the Guardian, if anyone is bothered to check. 

i'm sure the rule was officially relaxed last year after english clubs broke the rule with no punishment from UEFA.

in previous years no SPL matches were televised the same night as champions league games.

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Take a look at your brash, odious language - you're clearly displaying a bigoted view (based on an assumption) and you don't even know me.

You shouldn't have called Parkie a bigot. He'll never forgive you or forget. 

He's held it against me for years. 

What he doesn't appear to understand is that you were making a valid point and not actually calling anyone a Taig. 

He's just taking offence because he cannot allow anything positive to come from Rangers or their fans. 

It's disappointing as he can actually be quite entertaining and sensible on other subjects. 

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Taigs? That’s a wee bitty shite is it not?

Sorry Ormond but your constant use of the word Hun means this comment is total hypocrisy. 

I don't care about the term as I couldn't give a toss what folk call me but others do. 

And despite the frothing fervour to point out that hun is not a bigoted term, it is meant as an insult. 

You can't moan about other insults if you fire them out constantly. 

You big tractor driving snowflake! 

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry Ormond but your constant use of the word Hun means this comment is total hypocrisy. 

I don't care about the term as I couldn't give a toss what folk call me but others do. 

And despite the frothing fervour to point out that hun is not a bigoted term, it is meant as an insult. 

You can't moan about other insults if you fire them out constantly. 

You big tractor driving snowflake! 

You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree. If you keep it up you will go back on my Hun list. :)

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What he doesn't appear to understand is that you were making a valid point and not actually calling anyone a Taig. 

He's just taking offence because he cannot allow anything positive to come from Rangers or their fans. 

It's disappointing as he can actually be quite entertaining and sensible on other subjects. 

As much as I enjoy your posting Renfrew, you can’t honestly think there is anything “positive” about the use of the word Taig? :blink:

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

As much as I enjoy your posting Renfrew, you can’t honestly think there is anything “positive” about the use of the word Taig? :blink:

Not that particular word, no. However the point that insulting folk is the same no matter what, would be a step forward from saying one word is worse than another. 

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not that particular word, no. However the point that insulting folk is the same no matter what, would be a step forward from saying one word is worse than another. 

I thought you were smarter than that. You and Fairbairn usually don’t bite because you know I throw out the Hun word to watch eejits like GRBear and BlueGaz get their Union Jack knickers in a knot. 

Anyway, whatever the view is with my use of the word Hun is it’s not anywhere near a sectarian term. 

Is my continued use of the word Hun an insult? Absolutely. But, if braindead animals act like neanderthal barbarians causing bother wherever they go then expect me to continue labelling them like the Huns they are. :D

Yours, a tractor driving, knee deep in sheep shite farmer. :ok:

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nonsense, he was attempting to paint a picture where "Hun" is and equivalent of "taig". Which is exactly the kind of sophistry that has enabled bigotry to thrive amongst Rangers' fan base for so long. 

They are nothing like equivalent terms and anyone attempting to equate them, like the OP, is a fucking idiot. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nonsense, he was attempting to paint a picture where "Hun" is and equivalent of "taig". Which is exactly the kind of sophistry that has enabled bigotry to thrive amongst Rangers' fan base for so long. 

They are nothing like equivalent terms and anyone attempting to equate them, like the OP, is a fucking idiot. 

I wasn't trying to "paint" anything as equivalents. Offence is subjective and you dont need to run to a dictionary or the laws of the land before deciding if you're allowed to be upset or feel marginalised.

For whatever reason you've missed my original point which is that certain types of language is intended to cause offence.

23 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, Ross county v Celtic/Rangers.

Id think they’d want the OF game on its own, they know it will get an audience other Scottish games wouldn’t and they’ve got advertising to sell. So why put it up against an EPL game.

They don't really have much choice. They've got Southampton vs Chelsea (12:30) on the Saturday and Wolves vs Birmingham (12:00) and Newcastle vs Arsenal (13:30) on the Sunday. Regardless of what they do, it's going to be on at the same time as an English game - unless they go for an 11am kick-off or something bizarre like that.

Guest BlueGaz
7 hours ago, Ormond said:

I thought you were smarter than that. You and Fairbairn usually don’t bite because you know I throw out the Hun word to watch eejits like GRBear and BlueGaz get their Union Jack knickers in a knot. 

Anyway, whatever the view is with my use of the word Hun is it’s not anywhere near a sectarian term. 

Is my continued use of the word Hun an insult? Absolutely. But, if braindead animals act like neanderthal barbarians causing bother wherever they go then expect me to continue labelling them like the Huns they are. :D

:lol::lol:

1) so you do still care.  Yasssss.  Full of shite as usual.

2) show me where I give a shit about the word Hun and I will apologise.  

Can wait till you're sober, nae bother.

Guest BlueGaz
10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He's been called a bigot many times, and rightly so.  

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

absolute nonsense, don't lower yourself to that level RB.

The term hun is not sectarian, its been used to describe rangers fans since I've been going to the football, in the same way Tims and sheep shaggers is used to describe celtic and aberdeen fans. Nothing bigoted about it. 

The Non TA section has finally sank to the levels of the Scotland Mad board

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

You're wrong Parklife. He wasn't. He's clearly said so. 

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

I clearly said Hun isn't a Sectarian term, although Nil By Mouth say it is. 

It's the intention to insult that isn't required. 

Now away and clear the snow so yer Coos can get into the barn. 😀