Question Time Tonight - Page 67 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

Aye, you have to go some to out-tosser Piers Morgan! :lol:

I though Hannah Bardell was somewhat poor: bland, by-the-book answers and she failed to put the uber-tosser right when he claimed that Salmond had made Donald Trump a trade ambassador for Scotland (it was Jack McConnell).

Yes - she missed an open goal by not rebutting the Trump smear.

She says on Twitter she couldn't get the words over in the rabble but I'm more inclined to believe that she just didn't know.

Also, she has said that McConnell was on same flight back last night - how ironic!

She says on Twitter she couldn't get the words over in the rabble but I'm more inclined to believe that she just didn't know.

Also, she has said that McConnell was on same flight back last night - how ironic!

Aye, even though she was being talked over a bit she still had ample opportunity to squeeze it in. Instead she just wittered on, blandly.

She is young, though, maybe she'll get better with experience.

It's a shame Hannah Bardell didn't do too well last night because I've watched her in the Commons managing fine and landing hits on the Tories. I don't think she suited the shouty round the table format.

The MP's best suited to the Question Time format I think would be Joanna Cherry QC, Angus MacNeil, Chris Stephens, Alison Thewliss, Stewart McDonald and Dr Phillipa Whitford. Hope we see them on representing the SNP soon, Dr Whitford in particular.

I thought she spoke quite well and articulately when she was actually able to get a word in edgeways, which she seemed to try to do on more than one occasion but was spoken over regularly. As a first timer dimbleby should've helped her out a wee bit but instead seemed to delight in this and allowed the rabble to continue.

She is clearly an intelligent woman and will only get better.

Given AS was her boss for a long time, I'd be very surprised if Hannah didn't know.

John Nicolson would also be good - he worked in TV for years and came over well on This Week immediately after Question Time.

Your right, he was very good on This Week. Dealt easily with the silly wee anti-SNP digs from Neil and didn't take himself too seriously.

He's also a much better advocate for Scotland than his predecessor, Jo Swinson, who always peddled the "Scotland is just too wee I'm afraid" line.

His interview with Ian Botham and the Scottish schoolkids from the 1980s is well worth a watch :-))

I thought she spoke quite well and articulately when she was actually able to get a word in edgeways, which she seemed to try to do on more than one occasion but was spoken over regularly. As a first timer dimbleby should've helped her out a wee bit but instead seemed to delight in this and allowed the rabble to continue.

She is clearly an intelligent woman and will only get better.

Can't believe how Dimbleby is still in that job. He talks far too much, interrupts constantly, often cannot control the debate and is never able to allocate each speaker a fair amount of time as he always favours the more aggresive panellists.

Hannah also used to work in TV.

Think her work was more behind the camera, whereas Nicolson was front and centre.

She did unfortunately have a bad night but Bardell's done alright in the Commons, she's a good MP and one to watch.

Can't believe how Dimbleby is still in that job. He talks far too much, interrupts constantly, often cannot control the debate and is never able to allocate each speaker a fair amount of time as he always favours the more aggresive panellists.

I think you do him a disservice. He's more than capable of controlling the debate and stopping those who are too aggressive and shouty.

He just chose, on this occasion, not to.

Hannah got nowhere near her fair share of airtime last night. And it was no accident. The SNP are tolerated on QT under sufferance. To anyone who watches regularly this is crystal clear.

There is absolutely no way she didn't know that fact. Even I know that, and I know next to fuk all.

That's true, he does know next to hee haw.

(Trying to keep the love flowing on the TAMB Orra, so agreeing with everyone whenever they make a true and valid point.)

Edited by G-Man

That's true, he does know next to hee haw.

(Trying to keep the love flowing on the TAMB Orra, so agreeing with everyone whenever they make a true and valid point.)

I never make anything other than "true and valid points" on the TAMB. Rule number 1 - never tell fibs on the internet. :wink2:

I never make anything other than "true and valid points" on the TAMB. Rule number 1 - never tell fibs on the internet. :wink2:

If my past career in modelling taught me anything it was don't fib. That's why i couldn't become a politician.

Or Admin 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...