2nd Place - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2nd Place

COLT NY

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You're calling me negative? You're mental. I'm pointing out how we can do it with 7 points and you're just lazily saying "we need to win all 3 games". 

Yes - negative since you did say we have slim to fuk all chance of winning our last three games. Seems very negative to me.

It is you that is mental if you think seven points is going to be enough. You flung in a scenario of us beating Slovakia 5-0 - well if that happens or you think it has a chance of happening then why do you feel us winning all three games has slim to fuk all chance of happening? Odd, very odd. More chance of us winning 1-0 V Slovakia and 1-0 V Slovenia.

It's all coming together nicely for another glorious failure

We'll be all full of optimism going into the Slovakia game and the buzz around the nation will be electric!

Scotland kick off and Slovakia are straight of the mark and pinning us back, less than 90 seconds in, a loose ball from Teirney will be pounced upon by Hamsik, he goes 1 on 1 with Craig Gordon and he slips a low side footed shot under his near post. The next 88 minutes(plus stoppages) sees Scotland pressure the Slovakians but can't break the deadlock. The full time whistles sounds and everyone is deflated but still manage to applaud another failure

We all meet up again in Ljubljana and the "No Scotland, No Party" brigade are out in force. We beat Slovenia 3-0 going on 10 and the fans chant "there's only one Gordon Strachan". Wee chicken baws will bring the players onto the field to have a photo taken with us in the background. We all go home happy and have to settle with watching the World Cup on the tele 

Meanwhile the debate on Wee Chicken Baws' future will rear its head again and many a debate on the wireless, in workplaces and boozers up and down the country alike will divide opinion before Gollum gives WCB time to go away and decide his future which see' WCB remaining in charge for the Nations League campaign. Gollum will delightfully express his belief that there is no one else who could do a better job 

We'll mump and moan for a few days then when the £50 SSC memberships go on sale we will lap them up like dummy tits in oyster milk and treat ourselves to the new home and away jerseys to wear when we play friendlies in May/June as part of other teams World Cup training camps

We'll meet up in September for the Nations League and be ready to do it all over again

WHA'S LIKE US!

Edited by DoonTheSlope

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's all coming together nicely for another glorious failure

We'll be all full of optimism going into the Slovakia game and the buzz around the nation will be electric!

Scotland kick off and Slovakia are straight of the mark and pinning us back, less than 90 seconds in, a loose ball from Teirney will be pounced upon by Hamsik, he goes 1 on 1 with Craig Gordon and he slips a low side footed shot under his near post. The next 88 minutes(plus stoppages) sees Scotland pressure the Slovakians but can't break the deadlock. The full time whistles sounds and everyone is deflated but still manage to applaud another failure

We all meet up again in Ljubljana and the "No Scotland, No Party" brigade are out in force. We beat Slovenia 3-0 going on 10 and the fans chant "there's only one Gordon Strachan". Wee chicken baws will bring the players onto the field to have a photo taken with us in the background. We all go home happy and have to settle with watching the World Cup on the tele 

Meanwhile the debate on Wee Chicken Baws' future will rear its head again and many a debate on the wireless, in workplaces and boozers up and down the country alike will divide opinion before Gollum gives WCB time to go away and decide his future which see' WCB remaining in charge for the Nations League campaign. Gollum will delightfully express his belief that there is no one else who could do a better job 

We'll mump and moan for a few days then when the £50 SSC memberships go on sale we will lap them up like dummy tits in oyster milk and treat ourselves to the new home and away jerseys to wear when we play friendlies in May/June as part of other teams World Cup training camps

We'll meet up in September for the Nations League and be ready to do it all over again

WHA'S LIKE US!

:lol:

Aye, it's like the same old film being played on an endless loop.

Except I think we will be 2-1 up against Slovakia five minutes into stoppage time and Hamsik pops up to score the equaliser.

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Except I think we will be 2-1 up against Slovakia five minutes into stoppage time and Hamsik pops up to score the equaliser.

Some of us have decided not to pay to watch the repeats. 

I didn't renew my SSC membership this time or my kids. It's quite simply not worth it. 

Unless the price drops there's no way I'll be getting a membership ever again. 

I have a recurring nightmare of 0-0 with 2 mins to go and we get a penalty. We miss it and Slovakia break away and score. ?

50 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Being 2-1 up at Hampden has always been dodgy for us going into injury-time. Belgium, Czech Rep, Poland, England......?

3 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

We could have the weird scenario of Slovakia beating England then England needing us to do them a favour against Slovakia to avoid the play-offs......

Could actually be a 3 or 4 way race to top the group if England don't win on Monday and ourselves and Slovenia both win....

England have only conceded Griffiths free kicks in the entire group

they will not be losing v average Slovakia at home

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Qualification is a bonus, but i think we can have a right good side on the horizon. Some way off the top European sides, but enough to qualify for the next few tournaments.

Qualification is a bonus from what like?? Qualifying is the be-all and end-all. 

2 hours ago, Bino's said:

Strachan's woken up and realised playing an attacking formation with the in form players on the park is a good idea

Malta, will win

Slovakia, can win

Slovenia been looking very average too

Thank f@ck you put a comma after malta ?

12 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Qualification is a bonus, but i think we can have a right good side on the horizon. Some way off the top European sides, but enough to qualify for the next few tournaments.

Only thing that worries me is since euro 2008 we have had groups where qualification was definitely possible, there tended to one game where we made a boaby of it. Sooner or later we are going to get a stinker of a group.

16 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Only thing that worries me is since euro 2008 we have had groups where qualification was definitely possible, there tended to one game where we made a boaby of it. Sooner or later we are going to get a stinker of a group.

Germany Poland and Ireland was a stinker

as was Belgium Serbia and Croatia

The reality is, the conversation we are having here is the same one we have had for the last four or five major tournaments. We manage to turn in some decent performances towards the middle/end of the qualifying and as such, it becomes simple, if we win the last three games, we make the play offs. The question you have to ask though is will we take 6 points from Slovakia at home and Slovenia away? I'd wager heavily on no chance.

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

The reality is, the conversation we are having here is the same one we have had for the last four or five major tournaments. We manage to turn in some decent performances towards the middle/end of the qualifying and as such, it becomes simple, if we win the last three games, we make the play offs. The question you have to ask though is will we take 6 points from Slovakia at home and Slovenia away? I'd wager heavily on no chance.

Every chance of takeing 6 points. We have momentum. Usual negative doom and gloom from Tamb.

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

Bet you were tipping us to slip up V Lithuania as well. I wonder what happened there?

16 minutes ago, Doric said:

Every chance of takeing 6 points. We have momentum. Usual negative doom and gloom from Tamb.

We've not had any sort of momentum in the national team since about 1978. Three games unbeaten isn't momentum, it's unusual.