Venue - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Poland play very few of their Nations League games in Warsaw, I think they have only played something like 2 of their last 8 Nations League games in Warsaw.

Polsih FA president said that "at least one of the 3 games will not be in Warsaw", and they were suppose to announce the venue after the Play Off's a couple of months ago, but have not done anything on it.

Could be anywhere to be honest, from Gdansk to Wroclaw, and anything in between

On 5/17/2024 at 8:42 AM, wanderer said:

Poland play very few of their Nations League games in Warsaw, I think they have only played something like 2 of their last 8 Nations League games in Warsaw.

Polsih FA president said that "at least one of the 3 games will not be in Warsaw", and they were suppose to announce the venue after the Play Off's a couple of months ago, but have not done anything on it.

Could be anywhere to be honest, from Gdansk to Wroclaw, and anything in between

I wouldn't totally rule out Warsaw but I do agree they don't seem averse to moving the games about.

I'm not too worried about it. There are plenty of decent deals to cities in Poland from Glasgow and Edinburgh and intercity trains in Poland are actually cheap and efficient.

I was banging on about this last point when people were moaning about the Ukraine game venue being announced late. But that's a special circumstance. I imagine the Polish FA will easily adhere to the venue announcement deadline (I think that's now 120 days before)

Yip, there's an early flight out to Warsaw on the 17th so might just book that as plenty of time to get around then book the return flight dependant on where the game is

On 5/18/2024 at 1:29 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

I wouldn't totally rule out Warsaw but I do agree they don't seem averse to moving the games about.

I'm not too worried about it. There are plenty of decent deals to cities in Poland from Glasgow and Edinburgh and intercity trains in Poland are actually cheap and efficient.

I was banging on about this last point when people were moaning about the Ukraine game venue being announced late. But that's a special circumstance. I imagine the Polish FA will easily adhere to the venue announcement deadline (I think that's now 120 days before)

Yep, vast majority of the venues are around 2.5-4 hours by train from Warsaw, and there is numerous trains every hour you can select from (Polish railways as you said are very good).

I have booked to fly in to Berlin, as there is a concert in Poznan I am attending, and got all the next day to get to wherever the match will be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Booked EDN-STN on the 17th regardless as there is a rake of connecting flights to Poland from there then will book once the venue is announced. Hoping for Gdansk as somewhere different at least

13 hours ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Poland have announced the Croatia and Portugal home matches will be in Warsaw so our game is looking to be somewhere else.

where was this announced? went on their site and they seem to have taken down the entire fixtures section of the men's A-team section

5 hours ago, wanderer said:

where was this announced? went on their site and they seem to have taken down the entire fixtures section of the men's A-team section

The Croatia/Portugal fixtures are confirmed for Warsaw on the UEFA website

45 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

The Croatia/Portugal fixtures are confirmed for Warsaw on the UEFA website

Cheers, so looks like the Polish FA were spot on when they said "at least one game" would be away from Warsaw.

Reckon it will be Gdansk or Wroclaw for the game. All look too tight for you with the flight to Warsaw

Although nothing official has came out about the venue yet so would just hold tight until announced

Still nothing official anywhere, but a few posters on PieandBorvil have noticed Legia Warsaw ground as being mentioned.

"Wikipedia (i know!) has Poland's first two games at the National Stadium (Warsaw) but our game at Legia Warsaw's ground, I imagine there's some good information there to have a difference in venue from the Croatia and Portugal games, but can't see any reference for it.

Anyone seen anything on this? 

Disappointingly this would be a drop of 56k capacity from the national stadium, to 31K"

"Noticed Futbology had it listed as there too but nothing officially as yet, as far as I can see". 

1 hour ago, Derek said:

130 days to go.  Do they still have to make announcement by 120 days? 

Ukraine waited till about 5 weeks before announcing when we played in Krakow , basically they announce it when they feel like it and the SFA wait to be told 

On 7/9/2024 at 11:00 AM, tattiescone69 said:

Ukraine waited till about 5 weeks before announcing when we played in Krakow , basically they announce it when they feel like it and the SFA wait to be told 

Ukraine got special treatment because of the obvious.

• 2 weeks later...