This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 86 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Only seen the Thistle penalty, was a bit on the soft side, but fair play to the ref for giving it despite the player trying to stay up, I wish we saw more of that, then perhaps we’d see less diving.

It's not soft at all, should be a pen every time but refs don't often give it if the attacker stays up as you say 👍

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I would like to think so but based on the last game I think Aberdeen will have more about them in the second half. 

This is a Derek McInnes Aberdeen team, there is not a chance in hell they'll turn this round, they always fold in big games and today wont be any different.

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Even if I was blootered I widnae be serious with that. :lol:

Scotland had their chance with Levein. Thankfully he is back at Hearts and creating a real legacy with his work at the academy. Sadly the smsm will totally ignore this

19 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Scotland had their chance with Levein. Thankfully he is back at Hearts and creating a real legacy with his work at the academy. Sadly the smsm will totally ignore this

He was a complete and utter failure with Scotland. Never won a thing in his career. Born loser. Hearts are welcome t9 him. 

13 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I see Neil McCann has gone into full Neil Lennon mode, yet again. He really is a horrible wee turd. 😀 

McCann was right, McGinn should have been sent off. I guess he will ge used to gett8ng away with challenges like that if he does become the successor to Scott Brown;) 

10 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Do we get to keep Aberdeen now ?

You can take the manager now if you want. You’ve dodged a bullet there, he’s weak when it comes to big matches. With hibs and hearts getting their act together it won’t be long before he and the players start shitting their pants in these fixtures too.

Edited by vanderark14

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You can take the manager now if you want. You’ve dodged a bullet there, he’s weak when it comes to big matches. With hibs and hearts getting their act together it won’t be long before he and the players start shitting their pants in these fixtures too.

My guess Aberdeen will be focusing on the stadium redevelopment for the next few seasons instead of investing in the squad. Not sure what their youth development is like. However even though we have beaten Aberdeen on three occasions this season we are still on level points. 

1 minute ago, Blackpool78 said:

Guess you mean in the national team cos he ain't good enough for Celtic

He’s a young player improving every year, he has the potential to be his replacement, it was a joke by the way as I’ve heard some on sportsound tout him as the potential successor to brown, it was after the hibs v Celtic match where McGinn matched brown that day.

10 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

My guess Aberdeen will be focusing on the stadium redevelopment for the next few seasons instead of investing in the squad. Not sure what their youth development is like. However even though we have beaten Aberdeen on three occasions this season we are still on level points. 

The stadium funding is apparently not going to have an effect on the playing budget. Regarding youth, well...........erm we’ve got Scott McKenna 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Raise your game against the 'big teams' but a lack of motivation when playing the fodder?! :ph34r: