This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 123 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

14 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, we're winning basically every week and still can't get near you!

Was hoping you'd slip up at weekend when it was 0-0 for so long.

well that was another game that Hibs would have buggered up in the past.  Lennon has put some steel into the side.  9pts ahead of Killie now is good, still think 2nd will be a tough ask given its looking like a third trip to Ibrox and away to Aberdeen and the Yams.

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

I was wondering if there was some guy sitting in Hampden with piles of crumpled paper and a calculator trying to figure out one post split fixture.

:lol:

Last year the SPFL announced the old firm time, date, venue and TV channel 10 days before the rest of us found out anything and before they even knew who the top 6 were.

This year we’re all waiting so they can figure out how to avoid Celtic winning the league v Rangers and not anger the bears with 4 Away games... (1 option certainly won’t be on the table to alleviate that issue).

33 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I was wondering if there was some guy sitting in Hampden with piles of crumpled paper and a calculator trying to figure out one post split fixture.

:lol:

Last year the SPFL announced the old firm time, date, venue and TV channel 10 days before the rest of us found out anything and before they even knew who the top 6 were.

This year we’re all waiting so they can figure out how to avoid Celtic winning the league v Rangers and not anger the bears with 4 Away games... (1 option certainly won’t be on the table to alleviate that issue).

Instead of tackling sectarian and other sub-species type behaviour, we bury our heads in the sand and try to accommodate it irrespective of whether it's to the detriment of other clubs and our game in general.  Whereas, England can't wait for Man City to win the league against Man U.

9 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Instead of tackling sectarian and other sub-species type behaviour, we bury our heads in the sand and try to accommodate it irrespective of whether it's to the detriment of other clubs and our game in general.  Whereas, England can't wait for Man City to win the league against Man U.

spot on

31 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

You’re bang on!

Same would apply to La Liga etc.

We’re told this game is the only marketable thing about our game, surely Celtic potentially sealing the title against their biggest rivals or Rangers getting the chance to spoil the party is great box office...

Guest BlueGaz
12 hours ago, giblet said:

well that was another game that Hibs would have buggered up in the past.  Lennon has put some steel into the side.  9pts ahead of Killie now is good, still think 2nd will be a tough ask given its looking like a third trip to Ibrox and away to Aberdeen and the Yams.

I think you will get 3rd though.  Yourselves and Aberdeen are playing well at the moment, as are Killie.  I think we will be ok on Saturday and then we are fucked for the rest of the season.  On current form, I cannot see where we are going to pick up points in the split.  Certainly not enough to stay in top 3.  I think it will finish with Aberdeen in 2nd, Hibs, Killie/Rangers, then Hearts.

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I think you will get 3rd though.  Yourselves and Aberdeen are playing well at the moment, as are Killie.  I think we will be ok on Saturday and then we are fucked for the rest of the season.  On current form, I cannot see where we are going to pick up points in the split.  Certainly not enough to stay in top 3.  I think it will finish with Aberdeen in 2nd, Hibs, Killie/Rangers, then Hearts.

Pittodrie when DM shites himself

You're at it now......:lol:

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Redz said:

Pittodrie when DM shites himself

You're at it now......:lol:

I'm not Redz.  :lol: Its true what you say, but thats about all the hope I have to hang on to.  I would rather be going in to those games with a few points to spare and a bit of form, rather than hoping that DM shites it or Killies bubble bursts. 

13 hours ago, giblet said:

it'll be 6pts once we win our game in hand....

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You’re bang on!

Same would apply to La Liga etc.

We’re told this game is the only marketable thing about our game, surely Celtic potentially sealing the title against their biggest rivals or Rangers getting the chance to spoil the party is great box office...

Some idiot throws a coin at a referee 19 years ago and we still have this rule. Sane with the cup finally riot in 1980, to this day we still have an alcohol ban

It's just lazy from the Spfl and the police.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Some idiot throws a coin at a referee 19 years ago and we still have this rule. Sane with the cup finally riot in 1980, to this day we still have an alcohol ban

IIRC that was a 605pm KO day on the Sunday of a holiday weekend (presumably the early May holiday?)

Bit of a perfect storm.

18 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

To be fair it was more than just a coin, there was tons. Not to mention the numerous fans running onto the park to have a go at him and then the tube that chucked himself off the top tier!

it was a perfect storm though with KO time/bank holiday etc.

Like the Hibs-Rangers Cup final it made for great TV for the neutral!

Same with the dozen or so ASC trying to have a pop at the Rangers fan in the Sunday night game, might have been the same season!

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Same with the dozen or so ASC trying to have a pop at the Rangers fan in the Sunday night game, might have been the same season!

After Rangers fans had spent ages throwing coins at Robbie Winters and got the game stopped... 

Daily Record style reporting there SH ;) 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

After Rangers fans had spent ages throwing coins at Robbie Winters and got the game stopped... 

Daily Record style reporting there SH ;) 

I honestly couldn't remember the reason.

I only saw the highlights that day, I'm sure I was on bus home from Perth and we listened to it on the radio!

Actually met one of those Aberdeen boys in Amsterdam for the Scotland game a few years later (or he said he was one of them)

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye.

I wouldnt be too sure

It's been clearly obvious the last couple of games with his team selections that Canning is getting the team ready for the run in

Crawford has been good to go after injury and only got 10 minutes last night

Templeton will be back and remember the name Mickel Miller who is about to get a run after a few weeks at the club

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I wouldnt be too sure

It's been clearly obvious the last couple of games with his team selections that Canning is getting the team ready for the run in

Crawford has been good to go after injury and only got 10 minutes last night

Templeton will be back and remember the name Mickel Miller who is about to get a run after a few weeks at the club

I was partially joking but we rested Jones and Mulumbu at the weekend and still won fairly comfortably.

Plus our record at Hamilton is pretty good.....we've not lost there in ages.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a sad indictment of not only our game but also our country that a championship decider, what should be and what would be a showpiece event in any other countries league cannot be allowed to happen here due to the neanderthals that follow two of the clubs involved. Not only the fans at the ground singing their bile but there’s also the fans in Glasgow and the surrounding areas who decide to give a hiding to their other half’s if their team gets beat

People make Glasgow eh

Edited by DoonTheSlope