The Brexit Thread - Page 158 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

29 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Nothing. People just go back to voting for the status quo 

No - i'm asking you what is the Brexit you are referring to and what are the consequences of it

Leaving the EU in a "meaningful way" that is

This is similar to these zoomers that are rolled out on Question Time every week shouting "just get on with it" and "why havent we left yet"

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

No - i'm asking you what is the Brexit you are referring to and what are the consequences of it

Leaving the EU in a "meaningful way" that is

This is similar to these zoomers that are rolled out on Question Time every week shouting "just get on with it" and "why havent we left yet"

Brexit won’t happen, the elites don’t want it to happen

32 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Brexit won’t happen, the elites don’t want it to happen

Just answer the question Mr Farage. What in your opinion, would be an acceptable form of Brexit? What is it that you want to see happen?

I'm not asking what you think will happen. I'm just interested in what you think should happen.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Just answer the question Mr Farage. What in your opinion, would be an acceptable form of Brexit? What is it that you want to see happen?

I'm not asking what you think will happen. I'm just interested in what you think should happen.

Mr Farage? :lol: you don’t have a fucking clue 

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Mr Farage? :lol: you don’t have a fucking clue 

;)

It's the kind of question he should have to answer if there is an election before we leave the EU. I'm just interested if your answer is different from his. Or, if either of you have an answer.

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

;)

It's the kind of question he should have to answer if there is an election before we leave the EU. I'm just interested if your answer is different from his. Or, if either of you have an answer.

Farage is a puppet so good luck trying to get a straight answer from that prick.

I want to leave the EU, no deal, nothing.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Good luck trying to get a straight answer from the Australian Scotty, absolutely no chance of that happening. 

Expect that’s pish, you just don’t like what I say 

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Farage is a puppet so good luck trying to get a straight answer from that prick.

I want to leave the EU, no deal, nothing.

Expect that’s pish, you just don’t like what I say 

So, does that mean you want no trade deal either? Do you want us to trade with the EU on WTO terms or just stop trading with the EU altogether?

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

So, does that mean you want no trade deal either? Do you want us to trade with the EU on WTO terms or just stop trading with the EU altogether?

In an ideal world absolutely nothing to do with the EU. You can’t trade with globalists. The problem is the Uk government is corrupt beyond repair as well so it’s all a circus. 

Apologies if that’s a sound bite :lol:

Edited by ParisInAKilt

18 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

In an ideal world absolutely nothing to do with the EU. You can’t trade with globalists. The problem is the Uk government is corrupt beyond repair as well so it’s all a circus. 

Apologies if that’s a sound bite :lol:

You do realise that around 75% of Scottish Beef (just for a start) is bought by countries in the EU? Where do you then shift that Scottish Beef trade deal on to at the drop of a hat? Bearing in mind that it is not the sort of produce that can be stored for long and does not travel great distances well.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You do realise that around 75% of Scottish Beef (just for a start) is bought by countries in the EU? Where do you then shift that Scottish Beef trade deal on to at the drop of a hat? Bearing in mind that it is not the sort of produce that can be stored for long and does not travel great distances well.

Are you from better together in 2014?

For me the only way of sorting out this mess is a GE especially if the EU grant the extension until January 2020. It will be a GE fought on the basis of Brexit plans. If the Tories win it and get a big enough majority to form a government it would seem obvious to me that people are happy with his deal and that should settle it. If Labour end up in power then let them try their hand at sorting this mess. As I understand it that would be them negotiating their own deal and putting it to a People's Referendum thereafter.

Cherry and blackford need to step awa and get out the limelight, they are now doing damage to the snp IMHO, not only do they appear to he putting brexit before independence they are coming across smug and slimy. Sturgeon rightfully has taken a step back from the brexit carry on but these two have stepped in and are doing by bloody head in. I am SNP through and through and will always be for scottish self determination but these two are trying my patience, how the feck can the snp strategists not see this. 

The SNP need to get the nationalist back into the party thats what they are voted in for, bot to save England from itself 

19 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Cherry and blackford need to step awa and get out the limelight, they are now doing damage to the snp IMHO, not only do they appear to he putting brexit before independence they are coming across smug and slimy. Sturgeon rightfully has taken a step back from the brexit carry on but these two have stepped in and are doing by bloody head in. I am SNP through and through and will always be for scottish self determination but these two are trying my patience, how the feck can the snp strategists not see this. 

The SNP need to get the nationalist back into the party thats what they are voted in for, bot to save England from itself 

Joanna Cherry is becoming more popular than Sturgeon among the SNP activists I know. Very impressed with her. 

Ian Blackford is someone who clearly cares deeply about Scotland and would walk a million miles for the cause. However, he really does talk far too much for his own good. Uses ten words where one would suffice. It would be better if he went back to being the SNP finance spokesman at Westminster, which he was actually quite good at, and someone like Tam Sheppard or Joanna Cherry took over as Westminster leader.

Can you please explain in detail what you mean by "get the nationalist back in the party"

The SNP are in a difficult position. Whatever they do they are going to annoy a lot of folk. Different folk will get annoyed by different things. The SNP (or any other party for that matter) can only fight one election at a time. Currently the SNP are assuming that the next vote will be a general election. They are currently doing what they think is right to get as many votes as they can in that election. We could argue about their tactics all week, but they are doing these things because they think that is what most folk in Scotland want them to do. Once that election is out of the way the tactics might change?

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Joanna Cherry is becoming more popular than Sturgeon among the SNP activists I know. Very impressed with her. 

Ian Blackford is someone who clearly cares deeply about Scotland and would walk a million miles for the cause. However, he really does talk far too much for his own good. Uses ten words where one would suffice. It would be better if he went back to being the SNP finance spokesman at Westminster, which he was actually quite good at, and someone like Tam Sheppard or Joanna Cherry took over as Westminster leader.

Can you please explain in detail what you mean by "get the nationalist back in the party"

When i say get the nationalist back in the party, i mean dont be scared to talk scotland up to the hilt and put scotland first and not the EU. Its just seems stale and mundane, its a boring politics they are playing, no grit just text book politics,, its actually hard to describe what i mean, and no not blood and soil politics.

cherry and her politics would not be the direction i would like the snp to go down, the party need to remember the politics that got them so very close to independence, that political position would have us in a much healthier position than we see ourselves at the moment 

30 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

When i say get the nationalist back in the party, i mean dont be scared to talk scotland up to the hilt and put scotland first and not the EU. Its just seems stale and mundane, its a boring politics they are playing, no grit just text book politics,, its actually hard to describe what i mean, and no not blood and soil politics.

cherry and her politics would not be the direction i would like the snp to go down, the party need to remember the politics that got them so very close to independence, that political position would have us in a much healthier position than we see ourselves at the moment 

Thank sweet merciful feck you aren't in charge then.

Your approach would drive away quite a number of SNP voters I know. 

I couldnt help noticing that none of the main media outlets have been pushing the line of the Letwin amendment being an insurance policy against a crash out because of failure to legislate

When you have an ex tory minister who actually backs Johnson's deal pushing this amendment as he clearly doesn't trust fellow  tories especially those in the ERG to vote through the legislation then you know there were moves afoot

The fact that the ERG are pissed at the amendment tells you all you need to know that their no deal crash out (cunningly dressed up 'as we ran out of time to pass the legislation'  has been blocked