Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 47 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Interesting article from the courier

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/436038/new-polling-data-tories-favourites-perthshire-north-east-fife-will-likely-stay-snp/

do partys do much internal polling? Is it just a case of collecting data from the door steps?

They do their own polling but that will most likely be from canvas returns.  They will have data going back many years which they can use for comparison.

However, that relies - as all other means of polling does - on people telling the truth.

I just dont get the attraction of the Lib Dems in Scotland at all

Always been a mystery

What is it they offer apart from not being Left Labour (sic) or Right Tory

Can maybe see the point in England but in Scotland i've always felt it's the ultimate fencesitter vote

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Salmond more popular than Sturgeon? People despise Sturgeon? lol

What the f***?! Absolutely laughable. 

Thats the lie of the land up here, may be different where you are from,,, salmond is held in real high regard up here, yes you had the bitter torys who hated him but look at the majorities he held,,,absolute legend in most minds,, sturgeon however is less than popular

Edited by hampden_loon2878

On a brighter note, the sub sample from the next poll looks good even though its a sub sample

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/indications-that-new-survation-phone.html

Aye - the UK Poll is Tories on 43%, Labour on 37%

Scottish Sub Sample has SNP 47%, Tories 26%, Labour 21% & Lib Dems 4%

On a brighter note, the sub sample from the next poll looks good even though its a sub sample

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/indications-that-new-survation-phone.html

Right. Lets choose this one to believe or i will be on pills for me nerves before this election is over, with all your to-ing and fro-ing.  

How I yearn for the days when you only needed to worry about how much your wife was spending on her weekly shop ?

33 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Right. Lets choose this one to believe or i will be on pills for me nerves before this election is over, with all your to-ing and fro-ing.  

How I yearn for the days when you only needed to worry about how much your wife was spending on her weekly shop ?

Haha not much has changed on that front I'm afraid she still spends a fortune,, 

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I just dont get the attraction of the Lib Dems in Scotland at all

Always been a mystery

What is it they offer apart from not being Left Labour (sic) or Right Tory

Can maybe see the point in England but in Scotland i've always felt it's the ultimate fencesitter vote

The reason why the Lib Dems have traditionally done well in rural areas, such as the North East, Highlands, Borders, NE Fife is that the working classes were largely agricultural workers, not unionised and so were less likely to look to the Labour Party to look after their interests.  

That's largely the same in England as well in areas like the South West and is why they got hammered there in 2015 for going into a coalition with the Tories. 

This cow has got it bad

Probably has never even been to Scotland

Carole Malone Retweeted Nicola Sturgeon

You might be good at debates Ms Sturgeon but thanks to you Scotland is economically+educationally a basket case #BattleForNumber10

5 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I just wonder if that YouGov poll - encouraging though it is - is this election's equivalent of the 51/49 poll a week and a half before the indyref vote.

Graham Linehan says yes lol

Graham Linehan Retweeted Sam Coates Times

True or false, this will really get the racist uncle vote mobilised, so don't get complacent

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

I just wonder if that YouGov poll - encouraging though it is - is this election's equivalent of the 51/49 poll a week and a half before the indyref vote.

Absolutely this will feed their agenda and scare stories of a coalition with the snp,, helping the torys on both sides of the border

Scottish Conservatives leader Ruth Davidson received a higher satisfaction rating than First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in the survey.

Thats when you know it's shite

I can't remember who founded Yougov but I think Nadim Zahawi, a Tory MP, is involved.  A serial trougher and pocket-liner.  I don't trust Yougov to measure opinion and I suspect they will be doctoring their results to try to lead opinion as usual.  Is it significant that there have been no specifically Scottish polls published recently?  Have none been done or is it just that "they" don't like the results?

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Scottish Conservatives leader Ruth Davidson received a higher satisfaction rating than First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in the survey.

The media consistently confuse a poll about the effectiveness of a leader at their job with popularity.

I agree that Davidson is 'doing a good job' of rallying the 55% and opposing Sturgeon. Doesn't mean i like her, which is what the headlines would have you believe.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1367060-poll-ruth-davidson-more-popular-with-scots-than-sturgeon/

Poll: Ruth Davidson more popular with Scots than Sturgeon 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

More to the point, Kezia Dugdale and Willie Rennie have both received a higher rating than NS ...?