Canada Gemme - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Canada Gemme

Ormond

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadful, even given it was a friendly. Canada were honking and we were at their level, if not worse. Some players were way worse than others which is an achievement in itself. Apart from Tom Cairney I don't think one player who appeared in a Scotland shirt, either starter or sub, gets any sort of credit out of that at all. Ok maybe Robertson injected a wee bit of drive down the left but still. If its possible to field 11 on Sunday who weren't playing last night then I would do so.

Players that can retire from international football, Chris Martin, Berra, Mulgrew, Darren Fletcher, Wallace, Naismith, Stevie Fletcher, all past it or just not good enough.  Am sure there are others ahh cant remember just now, but that last night was a disgrace, lack of effort on the pitch again.  Strachan and his side kick McGhee (AKA the chuckle brothers) need to go, they have a chance in a friendly to give players like Cooper, McGinn, Fraser a start and give them real game time, not just throwing on McGinn for the last 15 or so mins.  Snodgrass hasn't kicked a ball for Scotland since the Malta game, been rank the last 4 games since it as well.  We need leaders on the park and quite frankly I have no idea where Scotland go to change this now.  It will be 20 years next year since we qualified for a tournament and ahh cant see us qualifying for another 10 years at least.  We need to go back to grass roots and would start giving a good few of the under 21 team a chance now and keep a few of the current team build it around players like Fraser, Cooper, Burke, Griffiths, Robertson, Tierney, McArthur.  Totally disillusioned with Scotland the now, we are utter mince to watch and its no wonder folk get steaming, because you need to be blootered to watch that S**t on the park.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Strachan thinks last nights game was one of the best ideas he and the SFA have had :blink:

Yeah, to give players 90 mins who need it, which makes your comment earlier all the more truthful.

Why didn't Liam Cooper feature at all last night ? Strachan knows what Mulgrew and Berra can do yet still didn't give Cooper any game time . He is not gonna be thrown straight into the team on Sunday for an important qualifier so what was the point in calling him up . Should have been given 2nd half last night especially after the debacle at Canada's goal 

13 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

He has to go. We are now firmly into Berti Vogts territory.

There is such a thing as giving a young player a bit of support and not just writing him off because he's having one bad game, and not being helped out by his stupid manager playing him out of position.

Over running the ball, taking hefty touches and slack passes is nothing to do with the manager.

Last night was a neat little package of Scottish football over the last decade or so. Can't defend and can't score and fans clamber for players to get a chance and when they do they invariably end up flopping and we are left with the next rising star to come along to build-up and watch flop.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I'd be gobsmacked if we get away with any result other than a defeat on Sunday. Plus points last night? There weren't any. Clutching at the thinnest of straws I would say at least Cairney got a chance but that is it.

Plus point last night was that strachan  is a step nearer to getting slung 

3 hours ago, Geed said:

Players that can retire from international football, Chris Martin, Berra, Mulgrew, Darren Fletcher, Wallace, Naismith, Stevie Fletcher, all past it or just not good enough.  Am sure there are others ahh cant remember just now, but that last night was a disgrace, lack of effort on the pitch again.  Strachan and his side kick McGhee (AKA the chuckle brothers) need to go, they have a chance in a friendly to give players like Cooper, McGinn, Fraser a start and give them real game time, not just throwing on McGinn for the last 15 or so mins.  Snodgrass hasn't kicked a ball for Scotland since the Malta game, been rank the last 4 games since it as well.  We need leaders on the park and quite frankly I have no idea where Scotland go to change this now.  It will be 20 years next year since we qualified for a tournament and ahh cant see us qualifying for another 10 years at least.  We need to go back to grass roots and would start giving a good few of the under 21 team a chance now and keep a few of the current team build it around players like Fraser, Cooper, Burke, Griffiths, Robertson, Tierney, McArthur.  Totally disillusioned with Scotland the now, we are utter mince to watch and its no wonder folk get steaming, because you need to be blootered to watch that S**t on the park.

Aye, let's get Mulgrew and Berra to retire and bring in Cooper who's utter pish.

Also, get Naismith and Fletcher to retire and build a team round McArthur who is the exact same age. 

Sound logic.

Strachan will have wanted to play this game to keep the loyal diddies, some of the press, and some supporters happy by giving the likes of Darren Fletcher a run out, trying some new players and giving a Rangers player a game.

Job done on that score.

Come Sunday there will be no Darren, no Rangers players and the only new face will be Armstrong who is an absolute stick on to start given his recent form.

Steven Fletcher will start up front as well, given the shitey reports on all the other strikers, the idea being that he holds the ball up for Armstrong to make those late runs and save the day.

Easy.

Strachan has lost the plot & he's lost the dressing room in my opinion. I go to see Clyde quite often & I can honestly say without fear of contradiction that there are forwards playing in our domestic league 2 (our lowest senior league) that are fitter, faster & can take the odd chance that fall there way, who could easily contribute more than that stiff lump of f*****g lard Martin !!!!!!

Still Fckn Raging ....

3 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Strachan has lost the plot & he's lost the dressing room in my opinion. I go to see Clyde quite often & I can honestly say without fear of contradiction that there are forwards playing in our domestic league 2 (our lowest senior league) that are fitter, faster & can take the odd chance that fall there way, who could easily contribute more than that stiff lump of f*****g lard Martin !!!!!!

Still Fckn Raging ....

I definitely think he has lost the dressing room. I probably happened at the end of the last campaign when  he stuck the boot in and said the players aren't good enough what more could he do blah blah 

17 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

Lee Wallace is obviously not everyones cup of tea but the level of abuse he gets on here is embarrassing.

I would have to agree. Especially from the poster who was clearly distressed that someone dared to say Burke hadn't had a good game.

16 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Disgraceful. Manager and a number of players have to be ditched.

By the way, if any Canadian fans are reading this - you can be very proud of your national football team :ok:. At least they care about playing for their nation. Best of luck in the future.

:lol:

FFS

14 hours ago, Ormond said:

Each one of them will probably have raging hard-ons and stay behind to clap the team and Strachan after we get gubbed.

Didn't you just say you booked up for Lithuania? What's with the criticism of those going to the Slovenia game?

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Didn't you just say you booked up for Lithuania? What's with the criticism of those going to the Slovenia game?

My criticism has nothing at all to do with going to the game. It's the twats that applaud failure time and again that gets on my tits.

Just now, Ormond said:

My criticism has nothing at all to do with going to the game. It's the twats that applaud failure time and again that gets on my tits.

Ok fair enough, but it's not "each one of them", I can assure you.

6 hours ago, calmc92 said:

Over running the ball, taking hefty touches and slack passes is nothing to do with the manager.

Of course it is, be picked them, then went on to say that this is what happens when players aren't playing a lot. If they aren't playing don't pick them, pick players who are playing week in week out and are in form. Look at Snodgrass last night for example. Most people would probably have him as a first pick on Sunday because he scored a hat trick 7 months ago, but he's not kicked his arse since December and has been dropped by his club. I'd imagine he's not exactly brimming with confidence.

32 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Of course it is, be picked them, then went on to say that this is what happens when players aren't playing a lot. If they aren't playing don't pick them, pick players who are playing week in week out and are in form. Look at Snodgrass last night for example. Most people would probably have him as a first pick on Sunday because he scored a hat trick 7 months ago, but he's not kicked his arse since December and has been dropped by his club. I'd imagine he's not exactly brimming with confidence.

That doesn't explain anything though. Fans were baying for Griffiths to play and he has been picking his arse on the bench at Celtic and done nothing much when he came on. One of our better players last night was Anya and he hasn't been playing regularly himself. 

If any player is worth their salt then they should be able to trap, pass, cross and score given the chance. I saw precious little to enthuse over last night.