Performance Director - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Performance Director

Alan

"Exclusive" in The Times today Austin MacPhee is preferred candidate over Alan Irvine and John Park.

Assistant at N Ireland.  Worked at Cowdenbeath and St Mirren.  Mexico scout for 2014 World Cup.  AMsoccer club in Fife.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Alan said:

"Exclusive" in The Times today Austin MacPhee is preferred candidate over Alan Irvine and John Park.

Assistant at N Ireland.  Worked at Cowdenbeath and St Mirren.  Mexico scout for 2014 World Cup.  AMsoccer club in Fife.

Bell Baxter High School and an Arab. That is good enough for me

9 hours ago, Alan said:

John Park there's a name. Hoping the Lennons connection will bring him back to Hibs. He done a superb job at finding players in his time.

I think his strengths are more scouting players. If he took the role at the Sfa he'd be restricted to Scottish eligible plsyers 

10 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Ian Cathro given his background in player development would be a good fit for this role.

Alan Irvine!? May aswell be Ricky Sbragia...

Obvious choice IMO for the development of Scottish football, but he'll be managing at a decent club level in the next 2-3 years so it depends on his career choice.

44 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

get him in then, although he'll probably go to Hearts.

you don't go from being assistant at valencia and newcastle with your stock high to become the illustrious "performance director" of scotland, mind you being manager of hearts doesn't usually come to much either. 

Edited by LewisEDI

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Everybody I know who went to Bell Baxter is a Jambo. Must be right Hertz country around Cupar.

Was there for 6 years and I can hardly remember any Jambos certainly not from Cupar and certainly not those who went to BB from North Fife (Newport, Tayport, Wormit) like me. Plenty arabs and fans of old firm and some Raith fans. Prob a few fans of Hearts and Hibs from the likes of Muchty (e.g. Proclaimers) Gateside, Freuchie, Falkland 

Austin McPhee, from Cupar, is Defo an Arab 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

25 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Was there for 6 years and I can hardly remember any Jambos certainly not from Cupar and certainly not those who went to BB from North Fife (Newport, Tayport, Wormit) like me. Plenty arabs and fans of old firm and some Raith fans. Prob a few fans of Hearts and Hibs from the likes of Muchty (e.g. Proclaimers) Gateside, Freuchie, Falkland 

How old are you?

On 01/12/2016 at 8:14 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

No coincidence that Dundee Utd took off after they opened the Tay Bridge and opened up Fife to the potential tangerine hoards, just as Dundee FC went down the pan. 

23 hours ago, wanderer said:

Looks like both Cathro and McPhee will both ended up as the head and assistant coaches at Hearts going by the main media outlets this morning.

Sportsound reported this last night and said Malky Mckay was next in line if McPhee goes to Hearts.

^?^^?^