Abuse of young players - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Abuse of young players

If anybody had asked any of us what we would have expected Eric Bristow's thoughts on the matter to be would we have been disappointed ?

He is from a generation and background where those views are typical

I doubt he knows of anything worthwhile outwith of Darts, gambling, drinking and smoking

If anyone's opinion of him has changed since his tweets then they clearly know nothing about him

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is just one of those guys that it's very hard to dislike & very good company for all that have met him 

That being said he shouldnt be allowed a twitter account

He is on Good Morning Britain tomorrow where no doubt Piers Morgan will rip him a new one

Edited by Ally Bongo

I see that Goal.com http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2016/11/26/29798652/footballs-worst-kept-secret-the-heartbreaking-truth-behind-child- had this article.

Strangely, the Celtic supporting Author of the Article chose to include a picture of Ibrox and some Children.  Whilst the abuse of children/adults and this is disgusting, it is appalling that he felt this was appropriate.

Now has a disclaimer apologising. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Could it not just be a stock picture?

Was it clearly ibrox? I have a mental image of the picture being kids playing football on the Astro across from the main entrance.

It's clearly Ibrox.  You can see the Rangers signage on the front.

On 29/11/2016 at 10:03 PM, Ormond said:

My Faither once played Bristow at darts. He spoke highly of him. But then my Faither is the cvnt of all cvnts. 

My uncle and Auntie used to play darts, My Auntie was really, really good. Shit load of trophies in the 80's and 90's.

The clubs get the players to come up for tournaments (before SKY and that)

Can't mind if it was Bristow or Lowe, but my Auntie played him one leg and beat him against the throw and he just walked out the club and never came back.

43 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It's clearly Ibrox.  You can see the Rangers signage on the front.

I've look through that link about 5 times and can't recognise Ibrox. Has it been changed? 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've look through that link about 5 times and can't recognise Ibrox. Has it been changed? 

I think it has, at the bottom there is the following clarification.  TBH, it's pretty shabby to use a picture that identifies any club in this context, there is obviously going to be a inference drawn.

n earlier version of the article had an image of children playing football with Ibrox in the background. The image has been removed. Goal apologises for any offence this caused, no implication between the club and the scandal was intended to be implied.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think it has, at the bottom there is the following clarification.  TBH, it's pretty shabby to use a picture that identifies any club in this context, there is obviously going to be a inference drawn.

Thanks. 

I agree. If it has been a deliberate act by the journalist than it's an extremely unprofessional and scummy move. 

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

the record story merely confirms that Rangers sacked the individual and reported it to the police so they followed protocol. Not sure if Torbett was reported to the police or merely shoved out the door and then later went on to commit more offences.

I doubt if any Rangers fan would use it to point score but you never know ...

10 hours ago, EddardStark said:

should have stated historical but I couldn't edit it. Doesn't read well.

I got what you meant on second reading, but i was not long awake nursing a coffee when i first read it. I also thought i had put "lol" not ffs, must have got me grumpy.