Bye Bye Strachan! - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye Bye Strachan!

BlueBonnetsowertheBorder

40 minutes ago, JECK said:

What's even worse to come is the SFA don't  have a clue who to replace him with and once they settle on the replacement you cannot trust they will be the right person

I'm not sure that anyone really knows who to replace him with. I know I don't. He's failed, it's not good enough, he should go, but... what now?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should go for being daft enough to give Forrest another cap and then keep the wee t*t on for the whole game.

Who to get? Anyone that can teach players to mark opponents standing in acres of space in the box.  If they won't pick Hanley either then that would be a nice bonus.

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Christ, they could overtake us at this rate

I think they will. They've done so well in recent years, so was just wondered if their gaffer would be worth considering.

That said, I don't think our media (nor a percentage of our fans) would accept hiring a guy from the likes of The Faroes

6 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

I think they will. They've done so well in recent years, so was just wondered if their gaffer would be worth considering.

That said, I don't think our media (nor a percentage of our fans) would accept hiring a guy from the likes of The Faroes

this would be funny if it wasn't so unbelievably sad

A revolution implies dramatic change. We have nothing to change to. 

I'm not sure there are better players out there......with the possible exception of the likes of Shinnie, McCormack, Rhodes etc.

What we need is a manager who can get the team to be greater than its whole (like Northern Ireland). Who can get the players comfortable with the way he wants to play, and who can instill the belief that he actually knows what he's doing.

Strachan has been the master of his own downfall. Bizarre selections, misplaced loyalty to certain players, rigid tactics and a demeanour that inspires no confidence at all.

I'm not even sure that the players have believed in what he's been trying to do for around 18 months now.

16 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Christ, they could overtake us at this rate

Wouldn't surprise me.  

Look at Iceland - we currently have a 100% win record against them but I certainly wouldn't fancy our chances if we drew them anytime soon.

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

This is an all time low for me. Supporting Scotland has become a horrible, depressing experience. 

Strachan, McGhee, regan - GTF. 

For once I agree with you Parklife.  I never made game yesterday and fecking glad.  I remember being at Wembley in 96 (20 years ago ffs) and even then two old timers who had been to world cups since Germany 74 both said that they wouldnt be back as couldnt take the pain any more.  It is bloody painful.  But what do you do?  Never been a quitter but it is hard mate.  Think I'll go and watch tennis.  English are shite at that.

10 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

I really wouldn't fancy our chances against the Faroe islands unfortunately that is our level under Strachan

They are currently doing better in a harder group than we have.

We are obviously a much stronger side but with such a poor manager I think I agree with you sadly

After the third goal last night was the worst I've ever felt at a football match.

I've just listened to Strachan and when asked about his position (rightly!) he came away with the "if you think I'm thinking about myself just now, then you don't know me!"  Another defensive wall thrown up that would make Donald Trump envious.

Can it with the smart ass stuff.  Admit we're poor, the game wasn't "cruel" and preferably leave.

1 hour ago, JamDav1982 said:

An Ireland side no better than Scotland have just won away in Austria as they looked water tight at back and frustrated them.

Embarrassing.

Just seen that. Now top their group. Never ending punches to the face.