Rangers 2015/16 championship champions - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers 2015/16 championship champions

I think the media are even more excited than the Rangers support.

Warburton is a good manager and has put together what looks like (in a Scottish context) the nucleus of a half-decent side which, presumably, he'll now be able to add to. By and large he has gone about it the right way too, pretty much the polar opposite of what that clown McCoist did for 3 seasons. Good as it has been not to have them around, they have romped the Championship this season (not difficult, but they did what they had to do) by playing some attacking football.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Kirk said:

i meant in general, facebook etc

I'm not one for sweeping generalisations but the majority of people on Facebook are arseholes regardless of what team they support!  Best avoided and left to people who want to show off what they've had for their tea and ask "you OK babes"!!

14 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I think the media are even more excited than the Rangers support.

Warburton is a good manager and has put together what looks like (in a Scottish context) the nucleus of a half-decent side which, presumably, he'll now be able to add to. By and large he has gone about it the right way too, pretty much the polar opposite of what that clown McCoist did for 3 seasons. Good as it has been not to have them around, they have romped the Championship this season (not difficult, but they did what they had to do) by playing some attacking football.

The differences, are quite apparent on the pitch, but from what I hear, it's night and day when it comes to the daily running of the place, approach to training etc. 

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not one for sweeping generalisations but the majority of people on Facebook are arseholes regardless of what team they support!  Best avoided and left to people who want to show off what they've had for their tea and ask "you OK babes"!!

:lol: where is that like button when you need it

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was just about Kirk that. Seems mighty upset. Did we win something yesterday.......? 

Serious question... Is anyone outwith Rangers, the press and Neil Doncaster genuinely pleased to have them back in the Premier League?

Cant say I've encountered a lot of enthusiasm for it outside of those mentioned.

Edited by neil r

Spl definitely been poor without rangers but it was fking tediously boring with them in it. Couldn't stand only the same 2 teams challenging what felt like forever. Inevitable only a matter of time till natural order is preserved. The old firm games were dreadful aswell if you looked past the 'occasion'

6 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

He may well be. I don't know him personally, but I couldn't care less because he's been good for us this season.

Footballer in maybe being a bit of a ned shocker. He certainly stands alone in that regard.

I agree he's hardly alone in that sense, however, I did see him on christmas eve cutting about Ingram Street in a Rangers trackie which I thought was a new low or indeed set the bar higher than ever before for a footballer, whatever takes your fancy.

1 hour ago, neil r said:

Serious question... Is anyone outwith Rangers, the press and Neil Doncaster genuinely pleased to have them back in the Premier League?

Cant say I've encountered a lot of enthusiasm for it outside of those mentioned.

I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest. I am gutted they are back, no doubt about it.

The fact that the league is weaker this season has worked in Warburton's favour.

If a team like Hearts were still there. would Rangers have finished top ? 

I'm not sure they would have done any better than last season to be honest.

Phew I am so relieved armageddon is over. It was a shame those 6 clubs had to go to the wall because the top flight is nothing without Rangers. I am so looking forward to next season where at last we won't need to hear about any diddy clubs because naturally all we care about is what the OF are doing.

The dark days are over yippee! :cheers3:

13 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Phew I am so relieved armageddon is over. It was a shame those 6 clubs had to go to the wall because the top flight is nothing without Rangers. I am so looking forward to next season where at last we won't need to hear about any diddy clubs because naturally all we care about is what the OF are doing.

:ok:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

The fact that the league is weaker this season has worked in Warburton's favour.

We have better players, a better manager and less off field distractions. I'm approximately one million per cent certain we'd have done better than last season.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

The only thing I'm not sure about, is how you managed to get a bite with this. Well, the second part anyway, first part is stating the obvious. 

48 minutes ago, Lamia said:

In short, we are brilliant. Well said. 

2 hours ago, Mox said:

I agree he's hardly alone in that sense, however, I did see him on christmas eve cutting about Ingram Street in a Rangers trackie which I thought was a new low or indeed set the bar higher than ever before for a footballer, whatever takes your fancy.

Come on!  You've never finished work on Christmas Eve and dashed in to town for a bit of last minute shopping without getting changed out of your work gear.....?!