My Heart Bleeds: Unemployable Politicians - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My Heart Bleeds: Unemployable Politicians

Guest flumax

still hard to believe so many of them have really gone - frank roy, ian davidson, etc. etc.

:(

I know it's terrible.

What has become of the political non-entities that were like Gemma Doyle, Tom Greatrex, Michael McCann, Gregg McClymont, Ann McKechin, Fiona O'Donnell, Jim Sheridan, Pamela Nash, John Robertson, Sandra Osborne, Tom Clarke, Graeme Morris, Iain McKenzie, Sheila Gilmoure, Willie Bain and Jabba the Hood ?

Here's a question for everyone. How many of the above names did you actually recognise ? Did you even know that they were Scottish Labour MP's until May ?

And let's not forget the Lib Dems either. What will we do without scary Jo Swinson, Fanny Alexander, Viscount Thurso (how the feck was he allowed to stand for the Commons ?) and Alan Reid.

Unfortunately, Anas Sarwar and Thomas Docherty have got themselves list places for the 2016 Scottish Parliament election. We haven't heard the last of them yet.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Interesting fact, she was MP for Aberdeen South for eighteen years but never once got more than 39.8% of the votes cast.

Not really that surprising. If you're in a constituency where the vote's being split 4 ways pulling nearly 40% will get you elected every time.

Not really that surprising. If you're in a constituency where the vote's being split 4 ways pulling nearly 40% will get you elected every time.

As long as she's gone that's the main thing. Good riddance to her. I remember her on TV blaming the TA for those anglophobic attacks* during the 2006 World Cup.

*Which I do not condone, they were dispicable. She shouldn't have blamed the TA for them though.

As long as she's gone that's the main thing. Good riddance to her. I remember her on TV blaming the TA for those anglophobic attacks* during the 2006 World Cup.

*Which I do not condone, they were dispicable. She shouldn't have blamed the TA for them though.

Not surprising considering the friends she had.

http://nopenothope.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/scottish-labour-mp-campaigned-with.html

i am trying to think of any that i would like to stand , and win, in Holyrude.

Michael Moore, Katie (missus Scunnered) Clark, any more ?

and to think if Labour had done the right thing and campaigned for a YES and Scotland had won, we would probably be facing an election just now between Salmond and Douglas Alexander to see who would be Scotlands first Prime Minister... and also woulnae have Cameron in Westminster...

The odious fibdem Mike Crockart is looking for employment apparently. Can tell that by the way he keeps popping up on the local village Facebook page.

Mike Crockart v Michelle Thomson? The woman was ripping people off bt buying their homes under market value and flipping them for a profit taking advantage of their dire situation. Winner of the most overrated "business woman" status i.e. She was a contractor like half of Edinburgh financial workforce. Director of a company employing one person (herself) for the tax breaks. #snpbad.

'Many former Westminster politicians.. left without the networks in Tory-ruled London or SNP-run Edinburgh they can pitch to future employers.'

a better illustration of the jobs for the boys mentality you could not find. God forbid a former Labour MP would have to find a job based on their skills and experience like the rest of humanity.

Ed Balls was the shadow chancellor at the point he was turfed out of politics. Even if that is not true this business genius has just taken a job as a 'chairman' of a really quite pish football club. A job I am sure is a bit of a joke in reality and at which he will be a bit pish. It is tragic he is not in charge of UK economic policy now as we would probably have made a few big name signings with him at the helm and not be the joke nation we are now. Shadow Chancellor = Chairman of Norwich FC ehhh WTF?

These guys have only ever 'trained' to be politicians. It's always been a travesty in the UK where these numpties can be given roles such as 'minister for transport' or 'minister for health'. The minister for transport in France and Germany (and probably other European countries) is actually a proven transport expert nominated by the government. In the uk it's a politician with no particular knowledge of transport.

Mike Crockart v Michelle Thomson? The woman was ripping people off bt buying their homes under market value and flipping them for a profit taking advantage of their dire situation. Winner of the most overrated "business woman" status i.e. She was a contractor like half of Edinburgh financial workforce. Director of a company employing one person (herself) for the tax breaks. #snpbad.

Flipping?

Crockhart was crying wolf continuously during indyref about people treating him badly. During the GE, he lied about closures of Sports centres and opposed building on Greenbelt in Cammo whilst setting up home on a development in the same constituency built on greenbelt land which the local community opposed and also after the developer used dodgy tactics overturning a democratic vote against the plan at Council.

But then again, he isnt SNP , so all good.