Aberdeen v Celtic - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Celtic

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Fair difference between a few and 9 I'd say. A 'few' more and Hibs would be challenging Celtic too mind.

Yea its not much though, celtic are far from clear and a few results either way could swing things, they have proved they are not as untouchable as last season.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

9 points and 12 points respectively, hardly a few points. We've also been pretty poor at times this season, our injury list from the word go has been ridiculous, we've been playing in Europe since July and we've already played in another cup final. We might not get to 10, but there is no way teams managed by Murty and McInnes will stop us.

Yes but as above you are not in the clear. Stop all yer excuses now, every team has injuries. ok you may have europe but you also have  more money, a far bigger squad and utilities such as youth squads with higher quality players so i dont buy injuries etc

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Sorry Kirk, you are correct mate. I should have said 12 in a row...😁

aye that makes sense

42 minutes ago, Ormond said:

So, how is he correct then? Surely you’d have to get ten before you got twelve?

The rammy book of numbers does what it wants

20 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Yes but as above you are not in the clear. Stop all yer excuses now, every team has injuries. ok you may have europe but you also have  more money, a far bigger squad and utilities such as youth squads with higher quality players so i dont buy injuries etc

9 points ahead with a vastly superior goal difference to the team in second and only 10 games left, if that doesn't constitute being clear then I'm not entirely sure what does.

Also, if you don't think injuries have an impact on even the best team then you must live in some sort of fantasy land. 

Either way, it is great to see people, Huns in particular clinging onto the fact there might be a title race. The hurt, anger and confusion that will reign when we turn up to Ibrox in a few weeks and take three points will be the sweetest since the last time we done it.

54 minutes ago, Mox said:

9 points ahead with a vastly superior goal difference to the team in second and only 10 games left, if that doesn't constitute being clear then I'm not entirely sure what does.

Also, if you don't think injuries have an impact on even the best team then you must live in some sort of fantasy land. 

Either way, it is great to see people, Huns in particular clinging onto the fact there might be a title race. The hurt, anger and confusion that will reign when we turn up to Ibrox in a few weeks and take three points will be the sweetest since the last time we done it.

Because although unlikley you could still lose the league, very unlikley obviously. I just dont think Celtic have been as convincing as they believe.

Yes of course it makes an impact but you have a much larger resource pool and also as in the winter window you could just go out and hanpick a few players to strengthen, a lot of teams dont have that ability.

I dont honestly believe there is a title race this year, but i think it will get closer the next couple and it certainly wont be a walk in the park anymore. And i wouldnt bank on winning at ibrox either, you were less than brilliant last time the teams met.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Depends what you mean by clear I suppose. Personally I agree with you that you are clear but I don't think the title is won just yet. 

It will require us to win our last 10 games though. That is the first part and would see us just 3 behind. I just don't see it happening. 

21 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It will require us to win our last 10 games though. That is the first part and would see us just 3 behind. I just don't see it happening. 

And with Celtic potentially going to Ibrox for a 3rd time post split, you never know.

:lol:

Kidding aside, Rangers look a far better side than they did in December, not sure they are good enough to put together a run like that though.

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

And with Celtic potentially going to Ibrox for a 3rd time post split, you never know.

Kidding aside, Rangers look a far better side than they did in December, not sure they are good enough to put together a run like that though.

We are certainly on the right track. We are still a bit suspect at the back and shipping too many goals and wasting too many chances at the other end, but hey, at least the games are a bit exciting.

I went to the pub to watch this thinking Aberdeen had a good chance against a tired and injury hit Celtic squad.  Conor Sammon at Thistle has scored more goals than Dembele this season. The keeper is a bomb scare.  The defence is shaky.

I was genuinely angry at how poor Aberdeen were. No ambition. Too much respect. Dull. Unambitious. Scared even. Total and utter shit.  Everything that is wrong with teams versus Old Firm.  Derek McInnes as Scotland or even Rangers manager? Naw.

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

We are certainly on the right track. We are still a bit suspect at the back and shipping too many goals and wasting too many chances at the other end, but hey, at least the games are a bit exciting.

This. If we can do the right things in the summer then we maybe put in a proper challenge next season. 

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Glorious run and finish from KT to clinch it. The away support were on top form yesterday too.

He’s a great player, and comes across a decent level headed boy. Shame he didn’t get brought up to support his local team, but that’s the worst I can say about him.

The difference between his instinct to run the length of the pitch to the Celtic fans and Browns instinct to GIRUY to the dons fans was what I noticed.

38 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He’s a great player, and comes across a decent level headed boy. Shame he didn’t get brought up to support his local team, but that’s the worst I can say about him.

C’mon, it’s Scotland we are talking about here. 

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

If Celtic weren’t down to 10, that wouldn’t have been a straight red. 

He should have gone on intent alone.

Instead of saving him for the Celtic fixture (where he was out of his depth in experience regarding the occasion) Cosgrove perhaps should have been introduced against Motherwell as that tie would have probably suited him better.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

He’s a great player, and comes across a decent level headed boy. Shame he didn’t get brought up to support his local team, but that’s the worst I can say about him.

The difference between his instinct to run the length of the pitch to the Celtic fans and Browns instinct to GIRUY to the dons fans was what I noticed.

He is disgustingly likable and a fantastic footballer. 

Hopefully off to England in the Summer. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

He does come across as a likeable guy, as obviously Burns was. 

It's just typical, from a Scotland point of view, that we have him and Robertson who are both top players and play in the same position. Tierney has still done well at RB when asked though but ideally he'd play where he plays for his club.

21 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It's just typical, from a Scotland point of view, that we have him and Robertson who are both top players and play in the same position. Tierney has still done well at RB when asked though but ideally he'd play where he plays for his club.

It’s a tricky one, as Robertson has broken into a good Liverpool side and has been the star man of late.

Hes likely to be a bit of a victim of his versatility.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a tricky one, as Robertson has broken into a good Liverpool side and has been the star man of late.

Hes likely to be a bit of a victim of his versatility.

Think you're probably right with that. I'd say we'll have Tierney at right back and Robertson at left. 

However against some of the stronger teams I'd like to see Robertson play in front of Tierney on the left. We'd need to find a decent right back first.