Coldest you have been.. - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coldest you have been..

This is what’s weird. We had the coldest New Year’s Day on record which was scary cold. But this week is going into a mini heatwave for this time of year and by Thursday it’s meant to hit 12C. That’s crazy shit for it to fluctuate so much. It still won’t change the minds of the heaps of cunts living around me who deny global warming is an issue though. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

This is what’s weird. We had the coldest New Year’s Day on record which was scary cold. But this week is going into a mini heatwave for this time of year and by Thursday it’s meant to hit 12C. That’s crazy shit for it to fluctuate so much. It still won’t change the minds of the heaps of cunts living around me who deny global warming is an issue though. :rolleyes:

All the scientists are wrong - It's down to the bumming mate.       

13 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

-37 in Edmonton 5/6 years ago, which dropped to -47 with the wind chill. So cold that it was painful to breathe if you didn't give yourself a coule of seconds to adjust before breathing in.

I've always wondered why people choose to live in places where it gets that cold? I would imagine the summers are nice enough but that kind of temperature is barely habitable if you ask me. Fair enough if you're born there you don't necessarily know any different but why move there?

Although in saying that, extreme temperatures are maybe more bearable than our constant damp greyness.

I lived in Edmonton during this particularly cold spell:

http://climate.weather.gc.ca/climate_data/hourly_data_e.html?hlyRange=1961-01-01|2012-04-12&dlyRange=1959-05-01|2012-04-11&mlyRange=1959-01-01|2012-04-01&StationID=1865&Prov=AB&urlExtension=_e.html&searchType=stnName&optLimit=specDate&StartYear=2009&EndYear=2009&selRowPerPage=25&Line=2&searchMethod=contains&Month=12&Day=13&txtStationName=Edmonton&timeframe=1&Year=2009

Summers could be pretty nice though!  :)

So 3 days ago it was -41 here in Ottawa. Yesterday we got 15cm of snow, and thursday it will rain and the temperature will be +5.  That is a 46 degreè turnaround. WTF?? Not complaining, but this global warming bit may have a bit of balls to it..🤤🤤

15 hours ago, Ormond said:

The thick fvcks who say things like "So much for global warming, eh?" when it's really cold, make me want to punch them. Morons. 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

The thick fvcks who say things like "So much for global warming, eh?" when it's really cold, make me want to punch them. Morons. 

That's one of favourite things to say. Although i say it as a trap. Duper's Delight they call it. Although it's more dangerous in sociopaths/psychopaths. My conscience means I don't do shit like lying about important stuff. It's mostly just to show how easy it is to get tricked.

On 08/01/2018 at 5:08 PM, Jim Beem said:

Working in a nut shrinking minus 5 in Aberfeldy early this morning.  

I was a kid in aberfeldy in the 80s when there were some seriously cold winters. down below -25 at night and not much above -10 during the day