New National Anthem For Euro2016 Ties - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New National Anthem For Euro2016 Ties

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there could be a significant collapse in the support.

It is not just the song that jars now.

I mean, what is the point of national football team if you do not even want to be a nation? Before I could kid myself we did because we had never had a vote. Now I can't.

Aww fukk it, better things to do today.

I'll still go because I like football and I come from Scotland but FoS has to be replaced now.

That said any small chance I may have gone to the England friendly has gone now and I'm seriously questioning the Ireland game too, that could be another beemur...

Dignified silence during FOS, but what during GSTQ. I for one was fed up in this campaign of having tread on eggshells so we didnt get bad publicity, and guess what, we got it anyway. I hate the UK flag and i hate their song, I for one will let them know

This. I can almost hear, "You're just a small part of England, Just a small part of England, small part of England, just a small part of England".

J

I think the Irish might give that an airing too. And to be honest, I wouldn't blame either of them. We have made our bed and we now need to be prepared for the pelters that will surely come our way.

Aside from football, I wonder if Scotland's reputation on the world stage entered the heads of anyone who voted No yesterday. Scotland the Brave nae mair, nae mair.

I think the Irish might give that an airing too. And to be honest, I wouldn't blame either of them. We have made our bed and we now need to be prepared for the pelters that will surely come our way.

Aside from football, I wonder if Scotland's reputation on the world stage entered the heads of anyone who voted No yesterday. Scotland the Brave nae mair, nae mair.

Exactly.

Not sure what you mean by the last part given the original context in the song.

Booked up for Poland, Ireland and Georgia, as well as the home games, really can't be bothered, certainly won't be singing FoS.

Same here... I was really looking forward to the Saturday Georgia game and a little trip away to Warsaw - the atmosphere is going to be so flat! I am going to the cinema for the England game - don't want to watch a second of it

Really can't be bothered with the two upcoming home qualifiers and glad I hadn't ordered tickets for the England friendly.

Might not even bother going to the games now, but as I've booked travel I'd be as well to try and enjoy a day or two in the largest city in the north region of GB.

We can still rise now and be a nation again?

Think now we can see what our nation consists off.

Edinburgh and Aberdeen self interest. Orkney and Shetland weird and

so non Scottish in outlook.

The Borders, Dumfries and Galloway too close to English influences..

New anthem? Jimmy Somerville- never can say goodbye.

The way I am at the moment I've probably finished with Scotland trips and games. Had a great laugh over the last 11 years with 25+ visits but see little point now. Home or away.

Try and do a few weekend trips away to Europe with the Mrs instead now.

Ive got tickets for the Georgia game but hadn't bought the others yet. Didn't take the Season ticket as it's a feckin rip off.

Will definitely be skipping the England and Ireland games now. Not going to go and take the abuse with no come back.

An organised boycott is required now. The team will be gone soon enough now anyway so why bother.

As for FoS, I'll never sing it again. I'll leave that to the hypocritical, back stabbing No voting bast@rds.e