This Weekends Games - Page 104 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Your reputation is taking a pasting today Larky.

What's the point?

When I responded to that post the religious connotations of the acronym hadn't yet dawned on me, again it's my fault and if there are consequences there are consequences I can't do anything about that.

11 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Calling a Celtic fan a SFB and refusing to say what it meant many times when pressed about it, you knew which way I was going to take it the moment you put it down and this back track is nearly as bad as your comment in the first place

Maybe you're looking a bit too hard for something that isn't there?

The mods on this board are pretty hot where sectarianism is concerned, anyone coming out with any of that nonsense tends to get banned quickly.  Larky has been an obstreperous and argumentative member of this board for years, that wouldn't have been the case if he'd been posting bigoted crap.

Maybe you need to have a bit of self-reflection and consider whether your own bias is contributing to you making judgements about someone's character that you know nothing about?  Just saying, like.

Edited by aaid

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

The mods on this board are pretty hot where sectarianism is concerned, anyone coming out with any of that nonsense tends to get banned quickly.  Larky has been an obstreperous and argumentative member of this board for years, that wouldn't have been the case if he'd been posted bigoted crap.

Maybe you need to have a bit of self-reflection and consider whether your own bias is contributing to you making judgements about someone's character that you know nothing about?  Just saying, like.

That's a long winded way of saying stop being a bloody mope:lol:

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Google says "super hot bird". 

Sorry Larky but I reckon Macy needs to get himself down to specsavers. ? 

Oh I don't know, in the right light and with enough beer.

Great effort from the Huns today. I'm almost happy for them. The amount of 7-1 chat, Hun baiting that went on in the build up was embarrassing. You don't get many games like the 5-1 hunskelping in September, certainly not more than one in a season!

We were as poor today as they were good, hopefully we take the lesson as learned and resume normal service next time out! 

Re the late penalty claim, haven't seen it yet. Any unbiased souls care to offer an opinion?

Just now, slasher said:

Great effort from the Huns today. I'm almost happy for them. The amount of 7-1 chat, Hun baiting that went on in the build up was embarrassing. You don't get many games like the 5-1 hunskelping in September, certainly not more than one in a season!

We were as poor today as they were good, hopefully we take the lesson as learned and resume normal service next time out! 

Re the late penalty claim, haven't seen it yet. Any unbiased souls care to offer an opinion?

Stonewall penalty. 

1 minute ago, slasher said:

It was a penalty, no doubt. Strachen  offered a reasonable explanation on why it wasn't given. Referee was immediately behind the players and the flight od the ball suggested the tackle had got the ball first. Complete nonsense from the shot from behind the goal but has merit if you are watching from behind the players in real time.

4 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Are we not allowed to celebrate a late equaliser? I didn't see any wild celebrations after the match either. Sounds like unfair sneering and disappointment at the fact we chose not to lie down to them.

Presume Aberdeen still have to play Celtic twice in the league whereas we play them only once more? The fact Aberdeen increased their lead over us is therefore a touch disingenuous. Anyway, I fully expect Aberdeen to finish 2nd.

3 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Ah well, fair enough. My point remains though; I gave up on 2nd after the recent ICT defeat.

It can't. The point has failed the 'disingenuous' claim.

49 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Your religion never came into for me, in all my time on the various boards I've insulted lots of people over lots of things but their religion has never been a factor.

The prosecution calls... Scotty CTA.

32 minutes ago, aaid said:

The mods on this board are pretty hot where sectarianism is concerned, anyone coming out with any of that nonsense tends to get banned quickly.  Larky has been an obstreperous and argumentative member of this board for years, that wouldn't have been the case if he'd been posting bigoted crap.

He has. 

His brave niggily posts are always from the position of anonymity.

44 minutes ago, aaid said:

So... does Larky have a history of posting 'SFB' (for 'so f**king bored' as he claims) or was today the first time that just happened to be after a new old firm game?

(Pretty unlucky if it was.)

34 minutes ago, slasher said:

Stonewaller for me. 

And I hate you both,not sure if one more than the other. 

Edited by dandydunn
Wasn't sure if I made any sense,probably not.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

SFB is the Internet acronym for Shit For Brains, hardly worthy of a ban. 

Firstly, it would still be personal abuse, and one of the factors that invariably drags a messageboard down.

Secondly, we warn, suspend, re-suspend (if necessary), and THEN ban.

We do our best to avoid 'straight reds' but the 'players' have to do their part too.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Firstly, it would still be personal abuse, and one of the factors that invariably drags a messageboard down.

Secondly, we warn, suspend, re-suspend (if necessary), and THEN ban.

We do our best to avoid 'straight reds' but the 'players' have to do their part too.

Nice to the farmers out with the pitchforks, mods do me favour just ban me then I don't have to be distracted by useless c*nts like Scotty and Parklife in the future. 

1 minute ago, Larky Masher said:

Nice to the farmers out with the pitchforks...

I face that every day. :wave:

(Perhaps God would like you to get a wee taste of what it's like to be the guy on the cross.)

2 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

... mods do me favour...

;)

3 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

...just ban me then I don't have to be distracted by useless c*nts like Scotty and Parklife in the future. 

Well, when you ask so nicely... :lol:

Anyway, I want you to know that I hold nothing against you, and that I never did. I will continue to pray for you. All the very best, Larky! :ok:

Just now, Scotty CTA said:

I face that every day. :wave:

(Perhaps God would like you to get a wee taste of what it's like to be the guy on the cross.)

;)

Well, when you ask so nicely... :lol:

Anyway, I want you to know that I hold nothing against you, and that I never did. I will continue to pray for you. All the very best, Larky! :ok:

Blah blah