Barton - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest BlueGaz
8 hours ago, Topcat said:

whether or not they pay the legal companies invoice is another matter!

What makes you say that?  we have no history of that, so not sure what prompted you to make that assumption.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

did I not read somewhere that Barton has claimed that he was not informed of the ban on betting in Scotland. v surprised if that wasn't in his contract tbh.

Nothing surprises me at the moment.  Even disregarding what actually happened that day at training, everything has been a total farce. from the day rangers first spoke to barton.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Nothing surprises me at the moment.  Even disregarding what actually happened that day at training, everything has been a total farce. from the day rangers first spoke to barton.

definitely one signing you could have done without.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, ShedTA said:

definitely one signing you could have done without.

Understatement.  I long for one season were we can just be criticised for the football/results etc, this is just getting tedious now and very frustrating.  dont see it getting too much better for the rest of this season though.

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Understatement.  I long for one season were we can just be criticised for the football/results etc, this is just getting tedious now and very frustrating.  dont see it getting too much better for the rest of this season though.

TBF its been mostly about the football for  a while now - but this barton sideshow is not helping this season.

If he is suspended on full pay, I doubt if Rangers feel they have sufficient grounds for dismissing him. Otherwise they would surely have done so by now. Viewed from the outside it looks like they are trying to agree a deal with him that doesn't cost too much, but that he isn't cooperating. They might be best advised getting him to something approaching match fitness to make him a viable option in January.

Edited by Pool Q

51 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

If he is suspended on full pay, I doubt if Rangers feel they have sufficient grounds for dismissing him. Otherwise they would surely have done so by now. Viewed from the outside it looks like they are trying to agree a deal with him that doesn't cost too much, but that he isn't cooperating. They might be best advised getting him to something approaching match fitness to make him a viable option in January.

The story I was told is that we're prepared to let him leave on a free transfer in January, with Villa the likely destination, but we want to get back a £1M advance we gave him at the start of his contract,  He's supposedly in negotiations with Villa for them to pay him the £1M which he'll then give to us.  In the meantime they don't really want him integrated back in to the squad hence the continued suspension.  Not sure how accurate that is but it came from a relatively reliable source.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

did I not read somewhere that Barton has claimed that he was not informed of the ban on betting in Scotland. v surprised if that wasn't in his contract tbh.

I think it is usually PFA Scotland who go around all of the clubs pre-season and let the players know of the rules against betting. With Barton not joining us until later as he was at the Euros doing stuff for the media my guess was that he missed this and nobody filled him in when he joined up with the squad.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The story I was told is that we're prepared to let him leave on a free transfer in January, with Villa the likely destination, but we want to get back a £1M advance we gave him at the start of his contract,  He's supposedly in negotiations with Villa for them to pay him the £1M which he'll then give to us.  In the meantime they don't really want him integrated back in to the squad hence the continued suspension.  Not sure how accurate that is but it came from a relatively reliable source.

Sounds unlikely. Why would villa play £1 million for a player they could likely get for £0? 

Thats without even going into how he'd get away with not paying tax on a £1 million payment from villa. 

45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I thought it was banned down south too? 

I think they can bet on competitions they are not involved in down south?

I can understand the zero tolerance approach though, as it removes any grey areas.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Sounds unlikely. Why would villa play £1 million for a player they could likely get for £0? 

Thats without even going into how he'd get away with not paying tax on a £1 million payment from villa. 

I am assuming Villa would provide salary advance to repay Rangers salary advance - maybe he spent the money already on the bookies :-)

6 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

What makes you say that?  we have no history of that, so not sure what prompted you to make that assumption.

can't pick and choose your history now bluegaz although it was a lighthearted comment - however to be pedantic if you accept the history of previous trophies then you certainly do have previous in not paying your bills :ok: 

6 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

What happened the first day they spoke to him like?

Guest BlueGaz
4 hours ago, Topcat said:

can't pick and choose your history now bluegaz although it was a lighthearted comment - however to be pedantic if you accept the history of previous trophies then you certainly do have previous in not paying your bills :ok: 

Which is what i wanted and which is correct - but keep getting told we are not rangers anymore, are we, or aren't we?  depends what the discussion is seems to be the answer.

bluegaz you guys can be whatever you want to be whenever you want to be it but you're going to have to be a bit more resilient and take the verbals when the proverbial bear is poked - as the digs most probably won't go away & will undoubtedly continue indefinitely.- as a Jags fan I really couldn't give a monkeys whether you are or aren't whatever it is you aspire to be but harping on about issues in the past is part an parcel of some of your songs at the big hoose - maybe if you stop taking the bait it will all go away one day - but don't let it spoil your weekend :ok: 

anyway from an employment perspective (which was why I responded to parky) there appears to be a shifting dynamic at play here - reading between the lines on the sports pages

• original suspension for training ground incident - suspensions are used either when there has been potential gross misconduct which could be grounds for summary dismissal OR when working relationships have broken down OR as a precaution to protect the employee as their continued attendance may inflame the situation leading to further issues (e.g. confrontation/harassment or attempting to influence an ongoing investigation)
  • rangers probably hoped he'd go off, be an utter fanny and bring further shame on the club/himself making the severance a shoe-in
  • barton keeps quiet, plays the game, does the dance, goes off somewhere else to train/keep fit & appears at Ibrox when asked suited & booted - making clear that he wants back in
  • the club therefore don't have enough to punt him and so the suspension continues
  • the first interesting dynamic is that you now have executives at the club unable to make a difficult decision which could undermine the manager (warburton) or possible other complainant (halliday) - the decision should have been to get him back to the club into training with the club on a 6/9/12 month warning 
  • as such the stumbling block is potentially warburton who appears to be refusing to accept him back 
  • as the club will absolutely not want to shove warburton through a disciplinary for refusal to co-operate/insubordination the situation will only resolve if he goes or barton is offloaded in a transfer window
  • the betting incident is a side issue especially of rangers failed to advise him formally of the regulations in the short period he was here - which is highly likely
  • interesting dynamic no.2 is the leaking of interest in the wigan job - are the gers board trying to get rid of warburton?
  • the gardening leave will continue until the board grow a pair of balls and make a decision OR warburton goes & miraculousy barton will be available to a new manager.

Guest BlueGaz
8 hours ago, Topcat said:

bluegaz you guys can be whatever you want to be whenever you want to be it but you're going to have to be a bit more resilient and take the verbals when the proverbial bear is poked - as the digs most probably won't go away & will undoubtedly continue indefinitely.- as a Jags fan I really couldn't give a monkeys whether you are or aren't whatever it is you aspire to be but harping on about issues in the past is part an parcel of some of your songs at the big hoose - maybe if you stop taking the bait it will all go away one day - but don't let it spoil your weekend :ok: 

I very rarely comment on it, and I think about it even less.  On top of that, I haven't heard it mentioned during discussions with other fans - since - a long time ago.  I only respond to the likes of you who "couldn't give a monkeys" bringing the subject up.  Only Kilie can spoil my weekend - and Honey G.