Barton - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, Topcat said:

bluegaz you guys can be whatever you want to be whenever you want to be it but you're going to have to be a bit more resilient and take the verbals when the proverbial bear is poked - as the digs most probably won't go away & will undoubtedly continue indefinitely.- as a Jags fan I really couldn't give a monkeys whether you are or aren't whatever it is you aspire to be but harping on about issues in the past is part an parcel of some of your songs at the big hoose - maybe if you stop taking the bait it will all go away one day - but don't let it spoil your weekend :ok: 

anyway from an employment perspective (which was why I responded to parky) there appears to be a shifting dynamic at play here - reading between the lines on the sports pages

• original suspension for training ground incident - suspensions are used either when there has been potential gross misconduct which could be grounds for summary dismissal OR when working relationships have broken down OR as a precaution to protect the employee as their continued attendance may inflame the situation leading to further issues (e.g. confrontation/harassment or attempting to influence an ongoing investigation)
  • rangers probably hoped he'd go off, be an utter fanny and bring further shame on the club/himself making the severance a shoe-in
  • barton keeps quiet, plays the game, does the dance, goes off somewhere else to train/keep fit & appears at Ibrox when asked suited & booted - making clear that he wants back in
  • the club therefore don't have enough to punt him and so the suspension continues
  • the first interesting dynamic is that you now have executives at the club unable to make a difficult decision which could undermine the manager (warburton) or possible other complainant (halliday) - the decision should have been to get him back to the club into training with the club on a 6/9/12 month warning 
  • as such the stumbling block is potentially warburton who appears to be refusing to accept him back 
  • as the club will absolutely not want to shove warburton through a disciplinary for refusal to co-operate/insubordination the situation will only resolve if he goes or barton is offloaded in a transfer window
  • the betting incident is a side issue especially of rangers failed to advise him formally of the regulations in the short period he was here - which is highly likely
  • interesting dynamic no.2 is the leaking of interest in the wigan job - are the gers board trying to get rid of warburton?
  • the gardening leave will continue until the board grow a pair of balls and make a decision OR warburton goes & miraculousy barton will be available to a new manager.

You appear to be talking mince for most of this.

The betting thing is the same north and south of the border. Not sure how you think it's likely Rangers didn't inform him of the rules. I'm pretty sure every employer does a formal induction these days including handbooks to read etc. My money is on Barton just not reading the rulebook supplied.

As for the leaking of interest in Wigan. Warburton has come and stated his lack of interest.  Your imaginary power play appears to be completely in your head.

You should try sticking to facts as opposed to making stuff up to suit your opinion. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad an idea as it may have seemed to sign him it seems now just as short sighted / stupid not to make the best of him. With a better manager I think he could have been an inspired signing. Thought when he went to Dubai(?) to boot camp maybe that would have been his redemption... probably all just paper talk.

Still I predict he will do well at his next club. Missed opportunity for RFC.

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You appear to be talking mince for most of this.

The betting thing is the same north and south of the border. Not sure how you think it's likely Rangers didn't inform him of the rules. I'm pretty sure every employer does a formal induction these days including handbooks to read etc. My money is on Barton just not reading the rulebook supplied.

As for the leaking of interest in Wigan. Warburton has come and stated his lack of interest.  Your imaginary power play appears to be completely in your head.

You should try sticking to facts as opposed to making stuff up to suit your opinion. 

Not making stuff up RB - there's plenty of facts in there - perhaps you would like to go through it point by point - I'll kick off with the first 4 bullet points 

• fact + employment law facts relating to suspensions
  • fact 
  • fact 
  • fact ...

... I'll let you pick up the slack on your 'most of this' sweeping generalisation.

On the subject of the leak regarding interest in the wigan job I never mentioned it was warburton doing the leaking - it came shortly after you drew 1-1 with the perth saints and the continuation of the suspension - facts given by the quality broadsheets north & south of the border - question is if it wasn't warburton doing the leaking then it really may point to your board doing the dirty & leaking whispers to the press about the manager -  shoogly peg indeed.

38 minutes ago, Topcat said:

Not making stuff up RB - there's plenty of facts in there - perhaps you would like to go through it point by point - I'll kick off with the first 4 bullet points 

• fact + employment law facts relating to suspensions
  • fact 
  • fact 
  • fact ...

... I'll let you pick up the slack on your 'most of this' sweeping generalisation.

On the subject of the leak regarding interest in the wigan job I never mentioned it was warburton doing the leaking - it came shortly after you drew 1-1 with the perth saints and the continuation of the suspension - facts given by the quality broadsheets north & south of the border - question is if it wasn't warburton doing the leaking then it really may point to your board doing the dirty & leaking whispers to the press about the manager -  shoogly peg indeed.

I'll keep this simple so you get it. Look at the second point in you big mental rant. You've now said it's a fact even though the original line starts "Rangers probably". 

Now I'm no English professor but even I know what follows that is pure supposition on your part.

So be a good boy and stop demanding that your opinions are facts.

38 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'll keep this simple so you get it. Look at the second point in you big mental rant. You've now said it's a fact even though the original line starts "Rangers probably". 

Now I'm no English professor but even I know what follows that is pure supposition on your part.

So be a good boy and stop demanding that your opinions are facts.

always interested to know if a gers fan knows the difference between a majority and a minority - for example when the whole stadium is bouncing singing songs they shouldn't it's a 'minority' - when a city is smashed to pieces by the masses it's another 'minority' ... you have subsequently claimed that 'most of it' is mince but don't have the wherewithal to back up your statement - I would hazard another fanciful notion that it is yourself who is talking pure pish in this instance.

i deal with this type of scenario in my line of work and was trying to shed some light on it - but trying to educate the brainwashed is perhaps a step too far.

Suspensions really should be a last option in any investigative process - and I can tell you where they occur it's highly likely that the employee (should they get poor advice) will be a fanny which has further ramifications in a disciplinary hearing.If you really think that in suspending Barton that your club thought that he was a model employee and would continue to be one during the suspension then you are deluded. 

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Topcat said:

always interested to know if a gers fan knows the difference between a majority and a minority - for example when the whole stadium is bouncing singing songs they shouldn't it's a 'minority' - when a city is smashed to pieces by the masses it's another 'minority' ... you have subsequently claimed that 'most of it' is mince but don't have the wherewithal to back up your statement - I would hazard another fanciful notion that it is yourself who is talking pure pish in this instance.

i deal with this type of scenario in my line of work and was trying to shed some light on it - but trying to educate the brainwashed is perhaps a step too far.

Suspensions really should be a last option in any investigative process - and I can tell you where they occur it's highly likely that the employee (should they get poor advice) will be a fanny which has further ramifications in a disciplinary hearing.If you really think that in suspending Barton that your club thought that he was a model employee and would continue to be one during the suspension then you are deluded. 

Cant discuss most of that with you because Im in the same position as you, we don't know enough about it to discuss it in any detail.  However, you may be in a position to educate me, genuinely.

"for example when the whole stadium is bouncing singing songs they shouldn't it's a 'minority'"

When did you witness this happening?  I'm with you, it shouldn't happen, but I haven't witnessed it for a long time, so genuinely interested to hear about the times you have recently witnessed it.  

10 hours ago, Topcat said:

That's fine, you haven't answered the specific point I raised. Just more pish about how many points etc.

Typical of someone who knows they are wrong.

You also seem to think you know more about employment law than me. Not sure how your good your knowledge is but rest assured I know my stuff in this area and I wasn't actually arguing about any legal points. just your pile of supposition and imaginary "facts".

1 minute ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Seems Barton is staying with Rangers...

Reading between the lines I reckon it means he'll be training with the kids till the January window opens,

Midfielder Joey Barton will stay with Rangers, the club have confirmed.

A club statement said: "Joey Barton has been told he will return to full-time training following the conclusion of a disciplinary procedure.

"The Auchenhowie management team will inform the player of appropriate training arrangements to which he must adhere for as long as he remains a Rangers player. Neither the club nor the player will comment further."

The 34-year-old midfielder has been absent since a training-ground row after the club's 5-1 loss to Celtic in September.

sounds like the senior management/HR took a not unreasonable amount of time from last weeks disciplinary hearing to reach their disposal - however I would agree that the club statement is non-committal as expected due to confidentiality although would appear to suggest that the matter is closed and that there will not be an appeal from barton - surmising that the disposal could be along the lines of demotion of some sort (to training alone or in the company of the youngsters) - if this wasn't the disposal it would open up a few other avenues for barton to take the club on legally

1 hour ago, Admin4 said:

Thank you for the reports. The transgressor will not be posting again.

What did he say that was wrong? Did I miss something?

How much did that lot pay for Barton? I wonder what kind of loss they'll take on him? It's been a right shrewd investment.

27 minutes ago, macy37 said:

What did he say that was wrong? Did I miss something?

How much did that lot pay for Barton? I wonder what kind of loss they'll take on him? It's been a right shrewd investment.

We paid £0 for him although there is a rumour of a £1m advance. No idea if that's true or not.