Next Poll - Page 40 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are Scottish fitba' fans, specifically national(!) team fans, predominantly YES? (Rhetorical)

I was in Germany and it must have been 95% and up.

Why? We're not all working class, we're all different, we all flew in from different countries. We're all different but the same ultimately.

I really want to ask why people are voting NO... but maybe my mind is just too focused or perhaps indoctrinated to even consider that someone would, and it probably wouldn't make sense anyway.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cool as a cucumber.

With respect, Scotty, I'm not sure if you have ideas about moving back home. I do if it's a YES. I want to live in my country again (and I think you also).

If it's a NO, I'm not so sure. We love our country of course, but I want our country to be better than it has been. We're clever people and I hope that pushes us well over the winning line.

Prof John Curtis on BBC2 Scotland 2014 just now (the boffin from Glasgow Uni who appears on all these political programs) mentioned that a lot of the polls tend to have more middle class rather than working class and more older rather than younger voters.

This means that those (probably) who are more likely to vote Yes, are not regularly polled. In other words this could slightly misrepresent the overall voters and therefore the poll results, by a small amount.

PS Jeane Freeman (whom I didn't know last night) is also on just now.

Edited by fringo