Next Poll - Page 41 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the first polls I remember all those months ago, was the one they did in one of the first debates right on the border for the BBC.

It came back 63% Yes, 37% No and there was a genuine surprise that that was the case.

I get that same feeling all these months later and I hope that they are this surprised on Friday morning.

But I'm probably just currently in one of my euphoric mood swings and will be back later to berate my own post for being pish!

:lol: This is a big generalisation but I reckon you could go through threads like this pick out who is, and who isn't, actively involved on the ground of this campaign. Folk who are involved know the score. 60% minimum. :ok: Still plenty of work to do to make sure that folk actually do get out and vote but that will happen. The GOTV machine is already in motion.

:lol: This is a big generalisation but I reckon you could go through threads like this pick out who is, and who isn't, actively involved on the ground of this campaign. Folk who are involved know the score. 60% minimum. :ok: Still plenty of work to do to make sure that folk actually do get out and vote but that will happen. The GOTV machine is already in motion.

I've not done anything door to door, but I've done a fair amount on social media, and have helped to sway maybe a dozen or fifteen people to yes. Hope its enough.

Probably my fault. I started saying he was Glasgow, corrected by others to Strathclyde and now Edinburgh ! I can't keep up !

Prof John Curtice is a long time Strathclyder (still at Strathclyde)

Prof James Mitchell was also at Strathclyde for 20+ years but he's now moved across to Edinburgh

Prof John Curtice is a long time Strathclyder (still at Strathclyde)

Prof James Mitchell was also at Strathclyde for 20+ years but he's now moved across to Edinburgh

Ah! I must have missed a Prof link in between switching multiple channels, reading the TAMB and FB. :blink:

John Curtice is the man you'll probably recognise. He's been on every channel every day for the past few weeks. He's the man that does the 'poll of polls' to analyse and pull all the various polls together

He also happens to be a very nice wee man

Yeah it is. He's the one I posted about originally. Don't know how/when the other Prof appeared in the discussion (I need to go to bed).

I seem to recall Curtis (I thought that was the spelling too) first appearing several years back (maybe the last Scottish elections or even just before ?).

Incredible effort from those on the ground. Feel a bit inadequate that I haven't done more.

But surely 60% isn't realistic.

Is this the additional 20% - maybe 750k - voters who don't come out for general elections mainly coming out for YES, because their vote actually counts for once.

I hope this is the case, but l'll take 51%.

I'm still wary of a stitch up, if it's close.

I've not done anything door to door, but I've done a fair amount on social media, and have helped to sway maybe a dozen or fifteen people to yes. Hope its enough.

I haven't done that much relatively speaking. I know one guy who has given up his job for six months for this campaign. Loads of folk have been using up their holidays to help out. I've just done a few hours here and there, as and when I've had time. I suppose if we lose this I might feel that I could have done more. But it is also possible to do too much I think. I was up at 0500 this morning helping out and you'd be surprised how many folk are out and about between 0500 and 0700 (well I was anyway). Loads of support from taxi drivers and other folk going about but the only negative vibes I got was from 3 different folk who said they had already voted YES and were totally fed up of folk speaking to them about it. Some folk have been well past overload for a while now.

But I have been over most parts of the city, at one time or another, and the support for YES is amazing which is why I am confident. I am in Dundee though, so I have to take that into account, which is why I have gone as low as 60%.

Next poll announced tonight from 22:00 ... :-))

I've heard a poll commissioned by us folk being released at 0630 ish tomorrow Edited by flumax

The fact the polls are so close is good for democracy.

It means that everyone knows their vote is going to count. It makes us more likely to make sure our voice is heard.

And if it does end up being close one way or the other, at least we will know it genuinely is the will of the people, and that there wasn't 30-40% who never even bothered.