Engerland Fans - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Engerland Fans

Ormond

3 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Im quite sure that chunky lad with the skinhead and traditional hoolie gear on who was screaming in the face of the police was just having a quiet wee beer before bed time.

Remember it's also Ramadan so if the English are noising up the locals before sunset they're going to get a stronger reaction back. Hunger can make people quite irritable...

I feel more intimidated in Glasgow than in Marseille to be honest.

When have you felt intimidated in Glasgow? 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Im quite sure that chunky lad with the skinhead and traditional hoolie gear on who was screaming in the face of the police was just having a quiet wee beer before bed time.

Remember it's also Ramadan so if the English are noising up the locals before sunset they're going to get a stronger reaction back. Hunger can make people quite irritable...

Intimidated in Glasgow? Grow a set.

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Taked lack of brains

Should have said takes**

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

They also had the crusader outfits on when they were asking where ISIS were !

Cap doffed lol

Eejits man

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Marseille is an absolute hovel.

My boss is there just now and says is pretty tense. He's certainly not a troublemaker. 

The folk on this thread jumping to conclusions are probably the ones that ran away/stood back and watched Scotland fans get a shoeing in Kiev....

I wasnt in Kiev so can I have an oppinion?

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Taking the wee man to Marseille next weekend for 3 nights to see Poland v Ukraine. Well, one night in Marseille and two nights on the coast in Cassis. Cannae wait, both of us are buzzing for it. Just away to pick up his Lewandowski 9 top from Football Nation. 

Worriers will be worriers, but we'll have a ball ??

Lucky buggars, will be brilliant for you both.

After all the wonderful words about Marseille in this thread, i can't wait to go there next week :lol: 

Lyon, Nice & Marseille for me and my mate. Can't wait! 

2 hours ago, thewelk said:

No sure about that to be honest. 

Like Paris, Marseille has some lovely areas where you can sit with a drink outside and think life is good. But like Paris, Marseille has some horrendously run-down immigrant areas where any non-local would be absolutely mad to set foot in. 

There a some shitey bits of Glasgow, but absolutely nowhere that compares to Marseille or Paris. 

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Joey Barton now being very disrespectful to Wales, apparently they are just happy to be there. 

There must be some reason why you are suddenly so interested in what Joey Barton has to say, I can't think why.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

There must be some reason why you are suddenly so interested in what Joey Barton has to say, I can't think why.

yes yes yes we know, its all about the rangers.

we are the people and all that

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

No sure about that to be honest. 

Like Paris, Marseille has some lovely areas where you can sit with a drink outside and think life is good. But like Paris, Marseille has some horrendously run-down immigrant areas where any non-local would be absolutely mad to set foot in. 

There a some shitey bits of Glasgow, but absolutely nowhere that compares to Marseille or Paris. 

Marseille I don't know well enough. But there's absolutely nowhere I wouldn't go in Paris. No ghettos at all in the city of Paris (despite what the media might feed you). Greater Glasgow is a comparable size to Paris and there are many places I wouldnt go.

The suburbs are a different story but that's not Paris ;)

Anyway, the main point was that Marseille isn't as bad as people would have you believe. And the English hoolies are just ignorant c##ts.

5 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Marseille I don't know well enough. But there's absolutely nowhere I wouldn't go in Paris.

Really, absolutely nowhere? :lol:

Like any big big city like New York, London or Paris I would think you could say there are areas you would not go (and feel safe which is the point). 

Absolutely nowhere... man you are a badass welk.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Really, absolutely nowhere? :lol:

Like any big big city like New York, London or Paris I would think you could say there are areas you would not go (and feel safe which is the point). 

Absolutely nowhere... man you are a badass welk.

I'm talking about the city of Paris itself, which is quite a well defined area, comparable in size to glasgow. Within that area there's nowhere I don't feel safe. The suburbs are another story (those aren't paris though, think lanarkshire) but who would ever go there anyway? Some might say I moved the goalposts slightly...

Edited by thewelk

8 minutes ago, thewelk said:

I'm talking about the city of Paris itself, which is quite a well defined area, comparable in size to glasgow. Within that area there's nowhere I don't feel safe. The suburbs are another story (those aren't paris though, think lanarkshire) but who would ever go there anyway? Some might say I moved the goalposts slightly...

So by excluding all the ghettos of Paris from the whelks green zone Paris that is moving the goal posts slightly?

That is moving the goalposts out the stadium. 

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So by excluding all the ghettos of Paris from the whelks green zone Paris that is moving the goal posts slightly?

That is moving the goalposts out the stadium. 

Those ghettos arent in paris though. And the actual city of paris is more comparible in size and population to glasgow. Need to compare apples with apples.

10 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Those ghettos arent in paris though. And the actual city of paris is more comparible in size and population to glasgow. Need to compare apples with apples.

or pommes with pommes.

No one anywhere in the world would compare Glasgow and Paris as similar in size whelk. You need to compare apples with apples. When you say 'Paris' the world does not think your wee whelk vacuum definition of it. It is Paris the whole ugly shebang.

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

No one anywhere in the world would compare Glasgow and Paris as similar in size whelk. You need to compare apples with apples. When you say 'Paris' the world does not think your wee whelk vacuum definition of it. It is Paris the whole ugly shebang.

I do agree with this.

It's simply impossible to compare Glasgow and Paris in this way.

Glasgow has some dodgy areas with a few nutjobs kicking around, but there's nowhere in the city...or Scotland for that matter....that could be called 'intimidating' in the way that Paris or Marseille are. The banlieue of Paris are often pretty awful places.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5128/france-no-go-zones

As an aside when we went during France 98 with Ian Sharp's Euroscot he had booked the full bus into an Ibis Motel in the Paris-Nord area not far from St Denis.

It was 30 minutes on the train from where we were to the centre of Paris and about £30 in a taxi

Probably the same distance from Hamilton to Glasgow

Almost everyone had a similar story with Taxi drivers getting home from the Pigalle (cough) to where we were staying.

When negotiating with the Taxi drivers all of them laughed when we told them where we were based and in their best pigeon English said "Yer no fooking staying there FFS - its mental"

The area had and still has one if not the biggest crime rate in the whole of France